A theory about where you are born and your happiness in life.

The19thLaw

Almost a year ago, I moved from a southern state to NYC and I cannot be happier. I had an unstable childhood and I noticed that of all the places I lived in, it felt like hell when I was there. I was socially excluded more than I have ever been in my life and was on the wrong end of so many bad things.

Maybe I am speaking too soon but as many struggles as NYC has presented, it has also been enlightening and a wake up call for me. I have almost woken up in this city and despite being an adult, find it easier to make friends here than I ever did back "home".

But the truth is, there were many people who had an amazing time there and it was the time of their lives. Everything you could imagine, life just seemed so perfect for them.

Then I had a theory about it all.

It kind of hurts to think about it, how great my life would have been had I not spent so much of it in Georgia.

When I looked at kids I knew growing up who were popular, had large friend groups, and were living the life.....their astrology matched somewhat with the area. A lot of them had signs which were in similar elements or the same sign (Sun or Moon) as the state itself. In other words, they were the signs that worked harmoniously with the state and did not square it or become of a different element.

What if your happiness in a place depends on its natal chart?

I started to think of that. Thinking what if you would have had a happier childhood or adolescence in a state if it matched more with your natal chart compared to if it didn't. Like a place will make you miserable if your natal chart is in bad chemistry with it compared to being in good chemistry with it.

Hkk

Account Closed
Almost a year ago, I moved from a southern state to NYC and I cannot be happier. I had an unstable childhood and I noticed that of all the places I lived in, it felt like hell when I was there. I was socially excluded more than I have ever been in my life and was on the wrong end of so many bad things.

Maybe I am speaking too soon but as many struggles as NYC has presented, it has also been enlightening and a wake up call for me. I have almost woken up in this city and despite being an adult, find it easier to make friends here than I ever did back "home".

But the truth is, there were many people who had an amazing time there and it was the time of their lives. Everything you could imagine, life just seemed so perfect for them.

Then I had a theory about it all.

It kind of hurts to think about it, how great my life would have been had I not spent so much of it in Georgia.

When I looked at kids I knew growing up who were popular, had large friend groups, and were living the life.....their astrology matched somewhat with the area. A lot of them had signs which were in similar elements or the same sign (Sun or Moon) as the state itself. In other words, they were the signs that worked harmoniously with the state and did not square it or become of a different element.

What if your happiness in a place depends on its natal chart?

I started to think of that. Thinking what if you would have had a happier childhood or adolescence in a state if it matched more with your natal chart compared to if it didn't. Like a place will make you miserable if your natal chart is in bad chemistry with it compared to being in good chemistry with it.

You have a great point 19th you really do.

I have read some threads on here (especially Vedic) where the place you are from or living right now does not go well with your chart. I think its where the planets are depending on where your based. I did a Solar return chart on myself and put in the are Im in right now (UK) then put a USA state in and the whole chart changed. My ascendant etc changed so your life will change depending on where you are. You also have to make the most of it too. take advantage of your chart

MDH

This effect is quite well known, which is why we have mundane charts of events, places, etc such as the day a business begins operations, or the launching of a ship.

ElenaJ

Very interesting, thank you for opening this thread.
I was actually born in the NY area, lived very unhappily there, never quite felt I fit in, the one thing that was always positive was work.
I now live in a different country whose sun falls on my ascendent, and my relocation chart has Jupiter on the ascendent. And I feel I belong here, from the first moment I set foot. Even though work has been more difficult here.
So, I agree completely with what you wrote, and find relocation charts a very valid and helpful tool towards finding a suitable location where the best of your chart can come to the surface.

Hkk

Account Closed
I was actually born in the NY area, lived very unhappily there, never quite felt I fit in, the one thing that was always positive was work.
I now live in a different country whose sun falls on my ascendent, and my relocation chart has Jupiter on the ascendent. And I feel I belong here, from the first moment I set foot. Even though work has been more difficult here.
So, I agree completely with what you wrote, and find relocation charts a very valid and helpful tool towards finding a suitable location where the best of your chart can come to the surface.

Thanks for the Thank you ElanaJ.

Im from the UK. I went onto astro.com and played around with relocation charts. Im cap sun, libra rising leo north node. When i change it to New York or Canada it changed my rising to Leo my NN in 1st instead of 11th and my 3rd house stellium in sag changed to the 5th! The only thing is chiron was in the 10th house. Otherwise i was contemplating packing my bags and moving! lol no joke....i will take myself where i'm happy or happier :biggrin:

CapAquaPis

Anyone born on the MC Venus line is said to a higher likelihood of appearing in public events, have some deal of fame or celebrity, and friends in high places. My Mom founded a local Autism Society chapter in Riverside county twice (In the 1980s and again, 90s) after I was first diagnosed with mild autism in age 4 and again after I graduated high school. Due to this fact, the MC Venus line in the So CA desert not far from my birthplace Fontana CA and hometown Indio, best described my life which had some difficulties (Venus is in the sign Aries).

OuterPlanets89

I've been in a city for a few years which doesn't vibe with me at all, and while I'm interested in location astrology, it's hard for me to get behind the premise of it.

I know certain cities/countries definitely have certain energies, which tend to align with certain signs/aspects/planets, but I rarely see location charts which make much sense. Also the idea of how a birth time is determined for a city/place is hard for me to accept.

Any other sources that might help?

helike13

If I cast a relocation chart to the place I currently live.... my Sun conjuncts my MC within a 1° orb.

I am an entrepreneur....

I have been on TV I think 3-4 times, in newspapers numerous times, I got even a movie cast :D

TreasureForever

I've been in a city for a few years which doesn't vibe with me at all, and while I'm interested in location astrology, it's hard for me to get behind the premise of it.

I know certain cities/countries definitely have certain energies, which tend to align with certain signs/aspects/planets, but I rarely see location charts which make much sense. Also the idea of how a birth time is determined for a city/place is hard for me to accept.

Any other sources that might help?

i agree, transplanting birth time astrology onto countries feels a bit too easy for me

how can you trust when a country started? -- in someone's mind, in a contract, at a decisive moment in war?

Hkk

Account Closed
If I cast a relocation chart to the place I currently live.... my Sun conjuncts my MC within a 1° orb.

I am an entrepreneur....

I have been on TV I think 3-4 times, in newspapers numerous times, I got even a movie cast :D

What movie!!? Why was u in the paper?

ElenaJ

i agree, transplanting birth time astrology onto countries feels a bit too easy for me

how can you trust when a country started? -- in someone's mind, in a contract, at a decisive moment in war?

Countries as well as cities normally have a constitution, or some type of foundation, on which a horoscope is based.

OuterPlanets89

Countries as well as cities normally have a constitution, or some type of foundation, on which a horoscope is based.
I don't know, it's harder for me to take a chart based on an event (in which there's often quite a bit of subjectivity in when it happened exactly) for a place/country. Charts of cities are even less believable for me, because many "cities" operated as such for many years before any formal document or naming was done.

ElenaJ

I don't know, it's harder for me to take a chart based on an event (in which there's often quite a bit of subjectivity in when it happened exactly) for a place/country. Charts of cities are even less believable for me, because many "cities" operated as such for many years before any formal document or naming was done.

A city would normally have a charter when it is officially founded. That is when the city is "born".

The19thLaw

I feel like NY would appeal to a Leo or Capricorn or Taurus perhaps, given the state and city's birth charts.

JUPITERASC

view multiple examples researched by Monk :)
at

Mad Madam Mimm

I felt like that in Hoboken NJ. I was treated so nice by strangers, even got sent off w a couple free pizzas in a little spot in the burrows. Hard to explain, it just felt buzzy and positive.
Spelling might be off with Hoboken. I know it is.
Can I ask what the name of the chart is to check.
I wanna peek now.

Mad Madam Mimm

I felt like that in Hoboken NJ. I was treated so nice by strangers, even got sent off w a couple free pizzas in a little spot in the burrows. Hard to explain, it just felt buzzy and positive.
Can I ask someone to do mine?
I wanna peek now.

ElenaJ

Can I ask what the name of the chart is to check.
I wanna peek now.
You can simply re-calculate your birth chart using the coordinates for the new location.

Outlook

i dont buy into relocation. i have lived all over US, EU, OZ, SA.

the only difference was I learnt to declutter and give things away or just dump and not feel bad.

i am me wherever I go. i do the same things. for me its now normal.

i would guess people react to the freedom of cutting ties. the freedom anonymity brings to start over. you almost reinvent yourself with new habits.