Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Re: How to find your career in a chart

My old Solar Fire Program lists a number of Arabian Parts and is editable- You can use the
appendix ii of Dial Detective - Investigation withthe 90degree Dial by MAria Kay Simms to add other Parts of Interest to the program

Unread 01-01-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice McDermott View Post
It is usually fairly easy to determine the area of career choice in a natal chart.

Here is an article detailing the process: http://aliceportman.com/?p=1310

Alice
Hi Alice - what if you have Neptune as the Oriental Planet?? what would that indicate??
thanks
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriet the Hermit View Post
Hi. I'm trying to find a website that computes Pars Fortunae for me. Tried Tarot Live, but it only goes to 2009. Don't know much, but I'm trying to figure something personal out, which happened on May 3, 2010.
Part of Fortune and other Arabic parts can be computed online by putting in those few words. However we dont use them transitting.
Any transitting planets hitting the POF are only valid if those planets aspect the POF natally as well. I use them only as a support as they are placements and combinations rather than straight out planets.
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:10 AM

So, what if you have no planets in your 2nd house, 6th house, 8th house, 9th house or 10th house.
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
So, what if you have no planets in your 2nd house, 6th house, 8th house, 9th house or 10th house.
If there are no planets in 2nd, 6th, 9th or 10th house then find the house and sign location of the RULER of the sign on 2nd, 6th, 9th or 10th house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (03-17-2013)
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
A rule of thumb (via Dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag via Firmicus Maternus):

"The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands."
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:04 AM

Re: No vocational stickies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
FF, this isn't a sticky, but basically I would recommend this protocol:.........
If someone has the sun in an intercepted sign, Neptune in the first house squaring the MC, or other indicators....
I have first house Neptune conjunct Jupiter, and sun in an intercepted sign, so is my moon, and I have to say I agree with , (quoted above but accidentally erased some of it), I have a good deal of confusion in terms of my identity and career aspirations.
With my north node in Gemini in the sixth I wonder if writing is my best option. Realistically.
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM

I have heard a lot of times that every soul which comes on this earth has a specific goal to achieve.....Apart from career can astrology show what is the goal and how to achieve it...???
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuli View Post
I have heard a lot of times that every soul which comes on this earth has a specific goal to achieve.....Apart from career can astrology show what is the goal and how to achieve it...???
Tuli, dr. farr's thread:
"A Technique For Erecting A Past Life Astrological Chart" may have answers at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=24455
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Account Closed

For those of us that would take a look at career via Hellenistic methods, using a porphry chart for calculating planetary strength, how were 'intercepted' planets considered in the porphyry chart? I know that when strength is then applied to topical division via whole sign houses, interception doesn't appear, of course.

Last edited by byjove; 03-26-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
The north node, for one thing.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
You're talking about life purpose as opposed to career purpose?

For some people they are the same. For others what they do during the day, or night for gainful employment, only supports their other efforts which are not their life purpose.

And for some of us like me, who spent more than 40 years in a life purpose, and are now retired from that, a new life purpose needs to be obtained, which is no longer a career.

Astrologers are expects to deal with all successfully.

Many of the career methods seem to believe that career success(meaning recognition or fame in their area of work) is all there is. Waybread and others here have made it clear that success is only part of career orientation, which must also include aptitudes for work and work environment.

But usually life purpose is more geared toward what you need to express, and that is related first to Mercury, and according the Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson, several of the Arabic Parts including the part of knowledge.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by byjove View Post
The north node, for one thing.
Celeste Teal in her book on LUNAR NODES, says that the north node is the one that you have from the past, but the South Node is the one you need to fill up in the present life, and thus you purpose destiny is to fill up that node.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
btw... That's descriptive of PRIMARY MOTIVATION

- details on how to find the Primary Motivation are discussed at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...268#post382268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnisphericus View Post
4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.....

....The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness

Oo this is a great thread with lots of good information.,, I always wondered if my job shows in my natal... It's something I just fell into my pure luck and chance...

I was young, out of a job, looked every where and was extremely frustrated so I

I literally opened the phone book with my eyes closed and pointed, I called the company asked if they were hiring, they said yes come in right away, we really need people...

I went in, I didn't receive a call back, so I called and did a follow up call... They said wow we have been trying to get a hold of u, u didn't put ur number on the application (Dohhhh)

A was later hired and I have been working for this same company for 18 years. It's a Fortune 500 company, JD powers awards.

It was fated for me

I'm going to read up on bobs post and see if it fits my job.
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Account Closed

Good lord ^^ It could be interesting to examine your chart! That might be a 2nd/10th matter? (could you blink again and show us all a few things?!)
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by byjove View Post
Good lord ^^ It could be interesting to examine your chart! That might be a 2nd/10th matter? (could you blink again and show us all a few things?!)
Me?

I have a packed h6 and Jupiter in h10... Prob the luck...part...

Everyone in my position got layer off or transferred to in wanted positions..
My boss fought to keep me... We have awesome work chemistry also.. I'll never leave my boss, he's like a father figure to me...

My chart is on my profile, I'm haven't figured out how to post a chart from the iPad..lol
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:20 AM

thanks
JUPITERASC for the link.....
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:03 PM

Re: get back on subject, to all

Nice job, Waybread and Bob...
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
waybread (06-03-2013)
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
thanks
JUPITERASC for the link.....
That's ok Tuli

Another link you may find useful is to a thread on:

'Judging Profession according to Lilly: Learning Astrology'
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=64261
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:51 AM

Hello!

I'm new here and kinda new to astrology. I was wondering my profession among other things but now it seems that I can't think what I should do. I'm thinking of going for design but not much in the traditional vocation sense points towards it, or at least I can't read it. I have at least some artistic talent (haven't had time to practice it to see just how much), massive imagination (ideas about everything really), creativity and immense spatial conceptualization etc.

My Natal chart is in the attachment.

I have been lost with my career bouncing from one direction to the other (always something to do with helping people and the world or artistic stuff) and sometimes thought it would be better to not get one but I would never be satisfied with my life if I didn't do something meaningful with it. I've now finally realized somewhat what I should do but I don't see my stars pointing to what I want to do... So what I'm really asking is if my chart has any indication of me becoming an artist, a designer?

True Node Aries points to me becoming a leader, which I am currently studying for (organizational management) and I will graduate soon to a lower academic degree. Yes I would like to become a design manager and would like to go study design in a uni.

After this it gets complicated. What I can read from the chart is that I should maybe become a spiritual/mind-set leader/lecturer. Yes, this is my other passion and dream and I was thinking I could do both spiritual teaching and design in my life.

Considering the career, vocational Houses I don't understand what does Jupiter do in the 6th House in Pisces as a ruler to Pisces. I bet its a strong connection but what does it imply? That I improve and expand myself well? How does this correlate to a career?
Neptune (the other ruler of Pisces) is in the 3rd House which is the House of thinking, mind set, speaking, learning.

Then my Asc is Libra which is ruled by Venus which is also in Libra, 1st House. My main motivation IS in fact freedom of expression and movement. What else does this mean?

Pluto has an aspect with Asc but again no idea what this could mean...

10th house in Cancer and no planets but Cancer is ruled by Moon which again is in Gemini, 9th House. What does this mean? My Sun sextile MC which should bring clear goals and other wonderful things.

Can someone please shed some light on how to read this career stuff.

PS. This is another topic but if someone wants to quickly address it would be ok. I'm feeling my True node contradicts my House system (North Node in Aries AND 7th House) in that I should be moving away (?) from relationships but then again I should be making a relationship. Life companion is possibly the most important thing in life to me so what does this really mean...
Attached Images
File Type: gif Natal Chart.gif (72.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by True Aries; 10-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:39 AM

You might consider urban and regional planning. It has a strong design element (which is why these departments often appear in faculties of architecture) but it requires a more panoramic view of what is on the ground-- or could be.

The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, is located in your 9th house of expanding mental horizons. The 9th has many meanings, but their common denominator is "expanding mental horizons" be it through travel, philosophy, or .....
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You might consider urban and regional planning. It has a strong design element (which is why these departments often appear in faculties of architecture) but it requires a more panoramic view of what is on the ground-- or could be.

The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, is located in your 9th house of expanding mental horizons. The 9th has many meanings, but their common denominator is "expanding mental horizons" be it through travel, philosophy, or .....
Thank you for your reply! Why regional or urban planning and something panoramic on the ground? Because I'm an earth sun sign? I was aiming for indoor architechture and/or furniture design as I like spaces and the feelings of surroundings. I'm interested in how you came up with this...

So my moon points to expansion of the mind... This can then also naturally mean arts right next to life-philosophy and spirituality. The thing is I've been designing a place for spiritual development purposes and my viewing angle to design is "mental-spiritual-development-inspiring".

Are there any other points for art/design? I remember reading several aspects or some stuff in my chart pointed to design and arts career choices but I have to get back on that later...
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM

Venus rules the fine arts, and she is very strong: in your first house and in her own sign of Libra.

Planning has several different emphases: urban and regional, though they can overlap. Then there's a possible emphasis on the design component, which is closely related to architecture. On the other hand, some planners are more interested in how a city infrastructure works, with all of its many components; integrating the various services and political factions, environmental impacts, and smart growth.

My son is an architectural designer, but actually the scale of his work varies significantly depending upon the project, from interior design to larger spaces like residential developments and shopping malls. The larger-scale work includes landscape architecture. If you think of a building together with its surroundings, the scale edges up into planning.

You might try designing a spiritual retreat in a natural environment, and see where it takes you.

p. s. I note that you were born in Finland, which has a wonderful design tradition.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 10-12-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Venus rules the fine arts, and she is very strong: in your first house and in her own sign of Libra.

Planning has several different emphases: urban and regional, though they can overlap. Then there's a possible emphasis on the design component, which is closely related to architecture. On the other hand, some planners are more interested in how a city infrastructure works, with all of its many components; integrating the various services and political factions, environmental impacts, and smart growth.

My son is an architectural designer, but actually the scale of his work varies significantly depending upon the project, from interior design to larger spaces like residential developments and shopping malls. The larger-scale work includes landscape architecture. If you think of a building together with its surroundings, the scale edges up into planning.

You might try designing a spiritual retreat in a natural environment, and see where it takes you.

p. s. I note that you were born in Finland, which has a wonderful design tradition.
Thank you again for your insight.

Yes it was Venus in the 1st House and Libra Ascendant that point to arts. So art is like very involved with my personality bc its so strong in the first House? I'm also reading Cancer in 10th House can enhance careers in arts, writing and human services and this is exactly what I want to do with my life...

Here in Finland one can study interior design and you will graduate as an interior architect. Right now this is my goal.

[I made a thread for this in the Read my chart section] On another note: Does anyone have anything on the fact that my chart is basically the polar opposite of the natural Zodiac Sign correspondents? Also my North Node is in Aries and then again my Asc is Libra and these kind of nullify each other or what? Is my destiny to seek a fulfilling relationship where I can be/become myself?

I just broke up from a long relationship and feel that a life companion is probably the most important thing in life but that I need to learn to live on my own as myself first...

Last edited by True Aries; 10-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Tags
career, chart, find, stickies, vocational