Lactose intolerance in birth chart?

Frisiangal

There's not a lot to be found re: lactose intolerance.
As mentioned already, the Moon does seem to be an important factor.
As the word 'sugar' seems to be important in the complaint, this would bring a Venus influence to mind.
From Googling: the intolerance is a result of the small intestine not producing the enzyme lactase. The small intestine falls under Virgo.

By coincidence, an acquaintance who suffered from lactose intolerance did indeed have Venus in Virgo.

Out of interest for study purposes, a look at your chart would be most helpful.:smile:

There's not a lot to be found re: lactose intolerance.
As mentioned already, the Moon does seem to be an important factor.
As the word 'sugar' seems to be important in the complaint, this would bring a Venus influence to mind.
From Googling: the intolerance is a result of the small intestine not producing the enzyme lactase. The small intestine falls under Virgo.

By coincidence, an acquaintance who suffered from lactose intolerance did indeed have Venus in Virgo.

Out of interest for study purposes, a look at your chart would be most helpful.:smile:

Im using my iphone. I can't send it as a file.

But here - http://m.imgur.com/YMiRLQk

Frisiangal

Moon opposite Venus maybe? Venus, ruling the small intestine rejects milk, ruled by the Moon, what gets rejected and what rejects is determined by house placement. Also Leo Moon is weaker than Venus in Aquarius, Fire Moons are weak moon placements whereas air Venus is strong by triplicity with Libra.

I lost my first reply because I can't interchange from chart to typing in this post.:mad:

Was what you wrote above a mistake, Zonark because it is generally accepted that Virgo rules the small intestine? Its ruler, Mercury, is in a conjunction with Venus and opposing natal Moon. This might be 'the link' to the lactose intolerance.

I did notice that the chart is set in the Equal House system. I wonder if there would be a difference when using Placidus. Perhaps Taurus on the 9th house cusp(health issues)?

The progressed Mercury-Venus conjunction became exact on 2*Pisces around the 7th/8th year. This might have seen the beginning of the intolerance (in more ways than one), which became a physical symptom years later.

Lion o ness

I have cancer Venus in h4 Leo moon in h6
I'm lactose intolerant.

When I was little, there was no such thing as lactose intolerant.
Everyday at lunch the school wouldn't let you leave the cafeteria until you drink all the milk.
Everyday, they forced me to drink it, and everyday I would throw it up immediately.
The school that I was "faking" it and forcing my self to throw up.

I'm glad it's now a know condition. :whistling:

Zonark

I lost my first reply because I can't interchange from chart to typing in this post.:mad:

Was what you wrote above a mistake, Zonark because it is generally accepted that Virgo rules the small intestine? Its ruler, Mercury, is in a conjunction with Venus and opposing natal Moon. This might be 'the link' to the lactose intolerance.

I did notice that the chart is set in the Equal House system. I wonder if there would be a difference when using Placidus. Perhaps Taurus on the 9th house cusp(health issues)?

The progressed Mercury-Venus conjunction became exact on 2*Pisces around the 7th/8th year. This might have seen the beginning of the intolerance (in more ways than one), which became a physical symptom years later.

Venus and the Moon together rule digestion as a general process. The tastes are an important element of digestion and the Moon occults the process inside the body, especially in the stomach. The Moon also rules milk.

Mercury's ruler in this chart is Aquarius, which is a sign of dignity for Mercury. Virgo is Mercury's exaltation, you wouldn't say Mercury rules its exaltation any more than you'd say Jupiter rules Cancer. So Mercury's ruling planet here is Uranus, it answers to Uranus. Venus does as well.

Uranus is a finnicky, unpredictable character that even in dignity can still act up.

Mercury rules the mouth and tongue and while not necessarily a ruler of digestion or eating helps determine the body's like/dislike of foods.

The sign Virgo rules the digestion though so we'd look to any black marks or upsets there. I don't see anything but it being the 12th sign, which means difficulties for the area ruled by that sign since the 12th house causes general mischief and complications.

Example, I have Sagittarius as my 12th sign so I'm accident prone and have issues with swelling. The sign of general fortune being in an unfortunate house means accidents and Sagittarius' dominion over Jupiter and fire produces inflammation, especially around the joints, which Sagittarius also rules partially (the mobile ones anyway)

Zonark

I have cancer Venus in h4 Leo moon in h6
I'm lactose intolerant.

When I was little, there was no such thing as lactose intolerant.
Everyday at lunch the school wouldn't let you leave the cafeteria until you drink all the milk.
Everyday, they forced me to drink it, and everyday I would throw it up immediately.
The school that I was "faking" it and forcing my self to throw up.

I'm glad it's now a know condition. :whistling:

Sounds like your school was run by the Moofia.

Attachments

• 1427679285166.jpg
    1427679285166.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21

Frisiangal

Darn it!
I lost my reply again when clicking onto P.P's chart, even though I had taken the precaution of copying text beforehand, knowing I would lose A.W. site. I wonder why that is? (Computer illiterate.:rolleyes:)

Thanks Zonark for your explanation. We work through different systems which would explain the alternate perspectives. This is my singular most questionable factor of medical astrology which always gives me problems. WHY a particular body part is ruled by X in one system, yet by Y or even Z in another? E.g. The tongue is given rulership by both Mercury and Venus of Taurus. Mercury is general ruler of the 5 senses, so I agree with its rulership of the tongue in the sense of physically defining (Virgo?) [dis]- taste. Yet, if you look at the tongue in the sense of the palate physically tasting and determining what one likes or dislikes, I can see the reasoning behind giving its rulership to Venus.

One of the rulership sites I keep on hand gave the Moon rulership of the lachrymal ducts and lactation (you mentioned milk rulership). This makes me wonder in how far the significance of Cancer as a sign and ruling house is in the development of a lactose deficiency.

Multiple and Lion both have Cancer influences,
Multiple and S.S both have harsh aspects from Moon, Mercury and Venus,
Multiple and S.S. both have Mars-Saturn influences.

All 3 have a Moon in Leo (self-centred?).

Fire Moons are weak moon placements
Why do you consider this to be?

Last edited:

Zonark

Why do you consider this to be?

In the context of the chart, Leo Moon is weaker than Aquarius Venus.

Leo Moon tends to have the problem of the Sun's energy overwhelming what the Moon's energy is supposed to do. Since we see the Moon by the Sun's light, too much of it, where when it falls under Leo's very solar energy, covers the Moon's natural influence. It's not a terribly bad thing though, Leo Moons are just not well equipped for dealing with the more unpleasant emotional experiences of life. I know someone with a Cancer Sun and Leo Moon though who completely balances that out, she is very buoyant and happy but completely capable of dealing with the darker side of life in a healthy manner. Someone with a less balancing Sun, such as an Air sun would be prone to egotism and insensitivity.

Aries Moon are also very impetuous with their feelings and tend to try and force them on people (modified of course by the other planets in their chart). They feel things quite violently and due to the Moon's looney nature this can be dangerous to themselves and others.

Sagittarius Moon is the better of the 3 fire signs for the Moon to be in because of its mutable nature but these people can abstract their own and others emotions a little too much and be too carefree with emotions.

For comparison to the detriment/fallen signs, Capricorn Moon, its detriment, is the most common Moon sign for Hollywood professional actors. Why? Capricorn Moon are naturally skilled at emotional manipulation and fakery. Their own real emotions are often cold, bland and mostly nonexistent or at the most somewhat Bacchanalian. Scorpio Moon, the Moon's fall, produces emotions like the kind Edgar Allen Poe must've been experiencing 24/7. They are perpetually brooding, feeling dark and miserable or, the emotions take on a sort of 'perversity'.

Air signs all tend to 'humanize' their emotions. I suspect it is some Air moons who are responsible for things like tests done on rats to determine if they do in fact have emotional responses, conversely these same people are the kind who tend to be vegan and stare in disbelief the first time they see a wolf maul a baby deer. They tend to see emotion only in a human context.

I am a Cancer Moon rambling about all this though so please forgive me the Moon and I have an understanding and I love all Moon signs in their own way.

Except Taurus Moons.

ashriia

I am not sure if lactose intolerance can be seen in a birth chart, a predisposition maybe but that's about it. I think transits can certainly affect such things however. I would be looking to pluto/moon for problems with digestion. Pluto rules things like elimination, which lactose intolerance will cause. Pluto transiting your 4th house is a possibility, perhaps for this development. I became lactose/dairy intolerant when pluto was in transit opposite my moon. And have seen solar return charts where the moon is conjunct pluto to be the years i am riddled with stomach issues. Moon/Pluto is well known for this effect.