Synastry aspects work both ways?

melisa

Is it accurate to say that synastry aspects work both ways? Meaning if my Mars opposes my partner's Neptune, I would say I activate his fantasies and am sexually attracted to his kind gentleness. He daydreams about me physically and can be hurt by my aggressive manner. Yet wouldn't I also "pick up" some of his Neptune in the aspect, maybe starting to listen to music during physical exercise routines, or being more refined re: my anger? And wouldn't he "pick up" my Mars in the aspect, by putting more action behind his dreams, or getting his emotions more activated and getting in touch with his own anger?
Meaning I feel that when we have an aspect we both feel the energy of our planet and absorb some of the other person's planet as well?

comdoc

Yes, synastry aspects can work both ways. Sometimes one partner may feel the aspecting planets more. Look for clues in the natal charts. For example that Mars oppose Neptune may be angular in one chart and cadent in the other chart.

Is it accurate to say that synastry aspects work both ways? Meaning if my Mars opposes my partner's Neptune, I would say I activate his fantasies and am sexually attracted to his kind gentleness. He daydreams about me physically and can be hurt by my aggressive manner. Yet wouldn't I also "pick up" some of his Neptune in the aspect, maybe starting to listen to music during physical exercise routines, or being more refined re: my anger? And wouldn't he "pick up" my Mars in the aspect, by putting more action behind his dreams, or getting his emotions more activated and getting in touch with his own anger?
Meaning I feel that when we have an aspect we both feel the energy of our planet and absorb some of the other person's planet as well?

melisa

True . And the Neptune person might also feel it more if his Neptune is heavily aspected or he has a busy 12 th house. Even without that, I believe both people would feel the influence of the one person’ s Neptune, and both would feel the one person’s Mars. Since both planets are connecting in the aspect

Cary2

Banned
I, too, believe it works both ways, but some prominent astrologers seem to disagree; they will assign response according to the owner of the planet.