Owning your Pluto

ocho

Have you heard the term Owning your own Pluto before? Owning your deep dark shadow side aswell. Meaning you don't attract it from the outside. Not denying your own Pluto.

AppLeo

To own your pluto means to embrace transformation and change alone while maintaining stable/stagnant relationships.

miquar

Hi Ocho. The diurnal cycle represents a cycle of change in the way one is conscious of being oneself, and the descendant represents experiences of being someone who can potentially relate to others by achieving shared understanding with them. Energies on the descendant colour one's sense of what should be expected of oneself or others in the forming of relationships based on shared understanding, but we tend to prefer others to express these qualities for us, so that we can relax into the experience of simply being oneself (the ascendant). But even though we may attract people who readily express the energies on our descendant, we also tend to approach relationships in this way whether or not we realise it. Pluto on the descendant requires ruthless self-honesty in one's dealings with others; but not self-recrimination - there also needs to be great compassion for what is discovered in oneself. There is a need to experience one's own power rather than shy away from it due to fear of hurting others, and also a need to experience one's vulnerability rather adopting defensive/controlling strategies. Perhaps above all, there is a need to see relationship as a vehicle for dramatic, and often painful, change; it is in the area of relationship that the Pluto descending person discovers (as someone once said) 'that which supports us when everything we thought supported us is taken away'.

Lin

I agree with the "ruthless honesty" - although I think that this is true for the whole chart. Owning one's chart can be hard. None of us is perfect.

But Pluto on the 7th can be rough because it implies so much change and even violent change...which may not actually mean "violence" the way we think of it...
But DEPENDING UPON THE ASPECTS PLUTO MAKES it can be evolution that we recognize as necessary ....right away...at the time....or at some time LATER that whatever major changes are going on. The longer it takes for us to recognize that irrevocable change, the harder we will work against it.

At the heart of this placement is the peculiar WAY that change will happen in that house. Remember: the 7th house is the house of the partner...what we are attracted to....but....at ANY TIME it is the "mirror" of who WE are. So we can "outgrow" the type of person we are "originally" attracted to. And we have to be HONEST about this....and not feel guilt about it. That doesn't mean you are relieved of your responsibilities to that person, but the WAY the change happens will vary from time to time.

What you find attractive in another may have a lot to do with what you do or do not find attractive in yourself. It could have to do with changing GOALS. Also, the HOUSE Pluto rules...unless your have Taurus rising which means the Pluto is in Scorpio in the 7th...is very important and will be part of any change.

It's really hard to "be OK" with the Plutonian change that happens through our lives. Especially if there is a lot of fixity in the chart. But even without fixed signs, Pluto, being the natural ruler of Scorpio, which is fixed, is very deep and personal. And when there is Plutonian change it can feel like death.

I remember a woman client who, because of a bad accident could no longer do her job, which was a career and which she was very invested in. She was fine afterward, but never again could she do that particular job. It wasn't about the money, as that was not an issue. It was about the change. From having a CAREER and being a professional to having to do something else....she had lived her whole life up til that time around her career and when she had to sell her practice she said she felt like she was dying. Literally. Of course she didn't die....but she felt that way for along time, and no amount of therapy or my help as an astrologer could speed up that process.

I don't know if any of this helps you, but you are not alone. Pluto and personal "evolution" is really rough. Everybody gets this type of inevitable dynamic in their life sooner or later. But with Pluto on an angle, it's always really difficult.
Even after you "own" it.

With placement like this everyone has to find his/her own "way" ...own "path" and to figure out...."what does the universe need me to do with this?"

LIN

Bad Moon rising

Account Closed
How Can a Pluto in the 7th house Conjunct Descendant Individual Own Their Pluto Permanently?

Wow 7th house Pluto sounds like fun. I've had it transiting my descendant for the last year or so and it hasn't been a fun time. Feeling exposed and humiliated isn't a great feeling. Saying that, I'll miss him when he's gone, it definitely hasn't been boring.

Some excellent replies on this thread.

NRodin

I am surprised others are able to access planets like Pluto, Neptune and Uranus easily. I feel like they're difficult to grasp. The only reason why I understand Pluto is because it conjuncts my Moon sign. Regardless, I think understanding where Scorpio is in your chart first, and then Pluto, helps a lot with understanding transformative issues.

miquar

Hi NRodin. Yes I agree. I think that watching how we approach the types of situation symbolised by Pluto's and Scorpio's house(s) in our natal charts is the best way to learn about these energies.

Sweet Pea

Imagine the Ascendant-Descendant axis is a see-saw. Plutonic types are going to come along and tip the see-saw always to their end. You may feel they are in charge of you. You need to redress the balance. The see-saw must tip your way some of the time. It's about self-assertion and being more "me-focussed" instead of "other-focussed".