What happens when there are both very good and very bad aspects in synastry?

musetta

I recently became friends with a man and we became close very quickly. It felt as if I already knew him when we met. At the same time I have been keeping emotionally distant from him because he is so into me and basically wants to marry me even though we barely know each other.

We have both some very good aspects in synastry (moon trine mars, wide moon trine moon, jupiter trines, pluto trines) and some very challenging ones (mars square saturn, mercury square mercury, mercury square sun, wide saturn square moon). There are also uranus squares to sun and mercury but I have that with everyone in my age range because I have it natally.

I was wondering how the combination of both very good and very bad aspects could play out? Would the good aspects soften the challenging ones? Do the charts show why he is so head-over-heels for me? This relationship really has me confused.

Both birth times are correct. I am attaching synastry, composite, and aspect table for synastry.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.26.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.26.14 PM.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.11.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.11.36 PM.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.11.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.11.59 PM.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25

waybread

The synastry looks pretty good to me. If I'm reading the bi-wheel and table correctly, your suns are trined, moons are trined, and there are sextiles between the suns and moons. I'm seeing one Venus-Mars trine, but I don't know who is who.

Do you want to post your charts separately? That would help to determine what each of you is like as relationship material. Just give his birth time as "unknown" if you don't know what it is.

There aren't too many perfect match-ups out there. Just as there are no perfect people. My husband and I have great synastry, but some of our matched-up planets are in stressful aspects within our own charts, so we can trigger one another.

The composite looks a bit stressed, mostly, I would say, over issues of control. Is it a midpoint composite or Davison chart?

A lot depends upon the emotional maturity of the two people, to work out the stressors.

musetta

Thanks waybread. Most of the squares in the composite are really wide (5-10 degrees) and the easy aspects are more tight so I'm hoping their effects won't be felt too strongly. Here are the natals. Both birth times are accurate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.17.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.17.26 AM.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.17.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.17.53 AM.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 16

waybread

Thanks, Musetta.

This is a shot in the dark, but I am looking at your T-square, involving your sun and 7th house Uranus. With Neptune in the 7th, as well, I am wondering if you don't expect romantic relationships to last, be supportive, or to be what they seem. Is the problem Capricorn Guy, or that you are wary, in general, of commitments that blow up in your face?

With Uranus conjunct Mercury and Mars conjunct moon, I think Mr. Capricorn is prone to making quick judgments. This doesn't necessarily mean they are right or wrong, just that his nature looks to be the ability to think quickly, perhaps impulsively.

Perhaps this can result in some of the tensions suggested by the composite chart. He says, "Let's go!" and you say, "Don't rush me."

But really, your synastry isn't half bad. No synastry is perfect. If you like him, maybe continue to see each other and give the relationship some time to develop at a slower pace?

musetta

Thanks waybread. That's actually exactly how the relationship has been going so far. He is very into me and wants to hang out as much as possible. I like him a lot too but I have been slowing him down because I have to go slow at the beginning of a relationship.

waybread

Thanks. And if he wants you to be his life partner, he needs to respect that about you. It's not in his nature to patient, however.

musetta

True. So far he has been very respectful and understanding about my need to have space and take things slow. Hopefully that will continue