Solar return with critical degrees

layaly

Hi all,

I've been studying astrology for many years but I've never experienced critical degrees in a SR chart. My 2010/2011 SR chart has 4 planets in critical degrees, 3 of them are conjunct each other.
Attached is my SR chart for 2010/2011 where the Moon, Jupiter, Uranus can be seen in a tight conjunction in the ninth house, conjunct the MC, all in critical degrees (0, 29). There is also Mars in the second house in a critical degree. Has anyone ever experienced critical degrees in a SR chart? As far as I've read, they show eventful and important years but I'm a bit worried. The problem is I want to emigrate this year, I even have a possible job offer which if it happens it's going to be after my SR takes place in June. I am very worried at what the stellium in the ninth house, all in critical degrees, will mean related to my career?
I appreciate any thoughts on this issue :).

Attachments

• sr2010.gif
    sr2010.gif
    45 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

layaly

I see nobody has any insight on critical degrees :smile:.
So I'll make a prediction for myself and I'll tell you after one year if it really happened :lol::
I will get a job abroad, I will accept it and leave my natal country. The job will be much better than the current one.
Something extraordinary (good or bad) will happen abroad because of the stellium in critical degrees in the ninth house. In a way or another I will come a lot before the public. Some hidden matters may come to the surface in the year to come.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Here are some links I found about critical degrees. I have Mercury in Virgo 29 degrees....yes where saturn is right now. Blech. lol. And I think it's one of the great strengths within my chart besides my Venus in Cancer in my 5th house in her joy.

Anyway back to the links including an old one from here.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2350.html

http://www.bemyastrologer.com/fixedstars.html

http://www.cafeastrology.com/criticaldegrees.html

http://www2.bitstream.net/~bunlion/bpi/CritDeg.html

http://www.dearbrutus.com/critical_degrees.html

http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/special_points.htm

Well if you are looking to relocate, I would have expected to see moon and/or other planets in 9th house :biggrin:

Solar returns
All solar returns are about ‘potential’ as is the natal chart, but we don’t always fulfil our potential, whether it’s due to ‘other people or unforeseen circumstances’ or a choice of two things and maybe possibly making different choices meant you didn’t fulfil that potential in this Solar return.

This is why you have had very few responses. It's ultra important to see a bi wheel with natal and SR as wherever SR Asc falls in your natal chart is the main emphasis ie: house for the new year --

I don't read SR's as stand alone cos you can get far more information from bi wheel, it can give a natal planet an opening or expression by conjuncting SR Asc or MC for example and any SR planets conj natal planets are important to.

http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html
http://www.skyviewzone.com/solarreturn.htm

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events

So, Uranus conj MC can suggest a sudden break in work/career, uranus conj moon suggests a break with mother, women and poss relationships/friendships. Jupiter domicile and accidentially dignified in 9th house naturally ruled by Jupiter, the planet of long distance travel

Saturn opp uranus/moon suggests doing something unsual in a structured organised way. Saturn opp moon short of money and financial hardships -- which I suppose is expected for any major move like this :crying:

Pluto in 6th work transformed, square to moon intense emotional experiences connected to 6th & 9th house matters

My advices, don't be a slave to astrology and live your life always with high expectations and belief in yourself

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Lastly, for something 'major' to happen, it should also be reflected in your transits, progressions and possibly solar arcs. So don't ignore these methods in favour of JUST solar returns

gemini59

The 0 degree in Cardinal sign is often a need to consult a professional. It implies events outside oneself or larger than self. With Moon, ruler of first, Uranus, ruler of 8th and jupiter on the cusp of the next sign all in the 9th this implies consultation with others related to resources, insurance funds for legal matters, education, travel abroad.
Moon implies change, mothers, females, wives ..Uranus is sudden disruption, sudden events and jupiter is expansion.

Aries is independence, assertion, aggression.

Jupiter rules the 6th of daily routine coworkers and health. In Pisces =feet, lymph etc also compassion, confusion, indecision and rules 12th house issues. Jupiter in the 29th may imply change from confinement to freedom and being on the cusp of this.

It is in trine to venus in the 12th. Often this can imply a loved one confined too as well as relationships in general on hold.

I too have a solar return with Uranus and jupiter at the 0 degree in Aries. It also occupies the 9th. It also trines venus 29 degrees in the 12th and squares pluto as will a lot solar returns for folks this year. Right now I have legal issues going on with my daughter in connection to school, my mothers house we are trying to sell, a son who is turning 18 and issues connected to child support upcoming, and a relationship that is struggling to mend or whatever it is doing...

You have have this very personal note of the moon in there which implies a more instinctive response and personal note.

It is also a good idea to check on the natal relationships of these planets. If they are in positve relationships the chances of events flowing more easily are improved. Challenging aspects would imply more struggles but a chance to overcome tension inherent in your chart. Does your moon, jupiter and uranus aspect in your natal chart?

layaly

Hi, thanks for your answer. Actually, the Moon, Uranus and Jupiter are all in the ninth house conjunct the MC.
I always study the SR in comparison to the natal, I did not post it here because my question was mainly on the critical degrees found in the SR and not on the interpretation of the SR. I have had a few years when I had planets in critical degrees in the SR chart and were always very powerful years regarding the houses where those planets were found, however never had a stellium. Was just curious if someone ever had something similar in a SR chart.

layaly

Thanks for the reply. Jupiter and Uranus only make a sextile in my natal.
This SR chart is similar to the natal - regarding house cusps, so I expect it to an eventful year. Some unexpected things happened lately and I think the stellium in the ninth may be related to some other issues connected to the ninth - publishing. Anyway, I will keep posted on what will happen.

layaly

in my transits there's a lot going on regarding career, both Jupiter and Uranus are conjunct natal MC and are transiting my tenth house. progressed Moon is in my natal sixth conjunct Uranus. I expect some changes regarding to my work/career, I just hope they are good.

JoZi15

Hi, thanks for your answer. Actually, the Moon, Uranus and Jupiter are all in the ninth house conjunct the MC.
I always study the SR in comparison to the natal, I did not post it here because my question was mainly on the critical degrees found in the SR and not on the interpretation of the SR. I have had a few years when I had planets in critical degrees in the SR chart and were always very powerful years regarding the houses where those planets were found, however never had a stellium. Was just curious if someone ever had something similar in a SR chart.

Hi Layaly,

This was so long ago but I found this thread as I was looking at critical degrees in the SR chart myself. I have SR Venus at 29 Pisces and was hoping you could share what that SR was like after the fact.

Thank you,
Jozi

Isa

Hi Layaly,

This was so long ago but I found this thread as I was looking at critical degrees in the SR chart myself. I have SR Venus at 29 Pisces and was hoping you could share what that SR was like after the fact.

Thank you,
Jozi
INCEPTION

Hey Jozi15, how was your year with Venus in 29 degrees? Will have this in my next SR. Venus will be conjunct DSC, sun and mercury.

CapAquaPis

I never had an exact Venus return transit during my natal solar return, but it should be an epic experience for those to have the astrological aspect at any time of their lives. We all have a Venus return every year, sometimes twice or even 3 times when Venus goes into a retrograde period. I have a SR in 26' Aquarius (Feb 15th in the 8th) while my natal Venus is 7' Aries (10th house or something to do with March 28th going by solar date degrees).

Isa

I never had an exact Venus return transit during my natal solar return, but it should be an epic experience for those to have the astrological aspect at any time of their lives. We all have a Venus return every year, sometimes twice or even 3 times when Venus goes into a retrograde period. I have a SR in 26' Aquarius (Feb 15th in the 8th) while my natal Venus is 7' Aries (10th house or something to do with March 28th going by solar date degrees).
Hey! I've had several Venus returns in my Solar Returns and nothing spectacular ever happened. It helped me with keeping money flowing in though!

CapAquaPis

A 7' Aries Venus on a 26' Aquarius solar return...that's possible and more likely to have happened in my lifetime (I have to skim through ephemeris for the dates when it occurred in my past), I never found a 26' Aquarius Venus on the exact solar day of Feb 15th in the last 42 years on astrology record.

CapAquaPis

Feb 15th Venus returns or close degrees: In 1985, Venus in 9' Aries; 1988, 6' Aries; in 1993, 9' Aries; 1996, 5' Aries; 2004 exactly 7' Aries; 2009 8' Aries; 2012 exactly 7' Aries; 2017 exactly 7' Aries; and 2020 8' Aries. That's 3 times in 42 years...3 out of 9 times here (other than 1980 in 7' Aries).

JoZi15

INCEPTION

Hey Jozi15, how was your year with Venus in 29 degrees? Will have this in my next SR. Venus will be conjunct DSC, sun and mercury.
Hey Isa,

That was so long ago, but I will tell you how my Venus has been transforming the last two years since that 2020 SR. I feel like a lot of stuff I had been wanting, planning for, hoping to call into existence has happened. And before it happened, I felt a shift in how I was relating - I actually FELT the change - I didn't just think about it or know it in my head - but I was doing things differently and BEING who I had wanted to be.

I hear the 29th degree is the culmination of everything you've learned in the last 30 degrees and because my Venus was in Pisces that year, it was like the culmination of all the wisdom in the entire zodiac helping me cross over to 0 degree Aries in the next phase. All the things I had used as a crutch or cut corners on because I was scared or wanted to pretend it didn't matter, I gave it my all for real. I felt different doing that. And it felt different what the outcomes were.

And I was intentional and conscious about what I was doing and how I was doing it while I was doing it. Lots of revelations. I was purposefully open to them, owning them, accepting that that meant I had the power to change and make things different. It's been great. I wish you many wonderful experiences in your 29th degree!

Jozi

Isa

What a wonderful testimony, JoZi! So happy to read that everything happened for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that is the case for me too! Thank you!

Sworkie2

This year I've had SR Asc Pisces, IC Gemini, DSC Virgo, + MC Sagittarius all at 29°. I've also just turned 29 of all ages!!

If I am honest, I am completing my University degree next year, which should propel me to a better-paying career, depending if someone will hire me!

I'm holding out until my lunar return on May 2nd 2023, where LR MC is in conjunct with transit Jupiter in Aries. I have Jupiter trine, Venus, during April 2023, too; my partner has just had this and ended up winning money by gambling.

In late May 2023 LR, the moon is conjunct MC, and that's when I should be handing in my last piece of coursework.

July 2023, on the week I have graduation, I will have mercury sextile Jupiter.

I can't cope with astrology.