Pluto square moon transit - my experiences

3Demon

Hi everyone,

I want to share this post about my experience with the Pluto square Moon transit. I remember leading up to this transit that I researched the internet heavily to learn more about what to expect. Hopefully this will help someone who is in a similar position with an upcoming Pluto square Moon transit.

Firstly I'll mention that the transit did not manifest as I expected. In a way, it actually gave a bit more validity to what astrology meant to me - I expected certain things, experienced very different things, then on reflection was able to see how it fit into the Pluto/Moon archetypes.

My moon is at 11'20Libra, so Pluto made 5 passes.

PART 1: Initial Passes
Going into the transit, after reading as much as I could, I was convinced there would be issues in my home or with my family. I barely noticed as the transit was nearing exact that I was in a job with an incredibly manipulative and dark person as a boss. He seemed to actually have people's worst interest at heart. Pluto passed exact and then stationed, before moving retrograde back over the point.
In addition to having an incredibly manipulative boss (who even tried to fire me accusing me of 'leading a rebellion in the company', which was not true), I had my friends then-girlfriend as a partner in a business deal. Before the ink was singed on the contract, I remember having a really bad feeling. She was showing odd controlling behavior, and at the last minute I backed out. Thank goodness, as she proceeded to transform into the most vindictive and angry person I had met, trying to vilify me in our circle of friends. If I had signed a contract with her, who knows what could have happened.
Throughout most of this I was still waiting to have issues with my home or family, without really noticing that these issues could be related to the Pluto/Moon. I left that job and cut all contact with my buddys girlfriend.

PART 2:
Almost a year later, I had done reflection and realized that the initial experiences were probably to do with the Pluto/Moon, so I had myself prepared for what to expect when Pluto transited again. One thing I will add - when Pluto is out of orb, the effects start to diminish, but it takes about a month (or two) before they settle down and aren't really noticeable.
As Pluto approached exact, I prepared myself. But nothing I was expecting came: no manipulative people, no family issues. Instead, I experienced a panic attack out of the blue, the first I had ever had. This happened the night that pluto was exact. The feeling was so intense, and so full of fear. I have never felt terror like that. My whole body shut down, I went to the hospital. Upon reflection, I realized that I had in fact had panic attacks as a child, but had nearly forgotten them or what they felt like. Well, here they were again as an adult, with a fierce physical experience to them. To add to it, for the next month I would get dizzy in social situations. The tinglings of fear of a panic attack would creep up on me, and make it difficult to interact with people. That itself generated a fear that I would be stuck like that.

Around this time I sought counseling, which was incredibly helpful. I realised that some of these fear patterns came from when I was a kid (yes, we are really into Pluto territory now). I learned techniques to deal with the social anxiety and dizziness that were all really new to me - I am a very social person and had never had these kind of issues before.

After a month or so the physical symptoms subsided, which was a relief. By the fall, it was time for the next hit.

PART 3: Retrograde
Pluto came back retrograde in the fall, right when I was going on vacation. By the time I touched down at my destination, I felt full blown anxiety that lasted most of my trip. But this time, I had a toolkit of how to deal with it. The councilling and experience from earlier in the year helped me deal with it, but the physical symptoms were still very real.
Strangely, I didn't feel the effects right when the transit went exact. It was about a week later.

PART 4: Final pass
This is quite recent, but the final pass happened. It went exact, then nothing. However about one week after, I all of a sudden was filled with the strangest sexual urges and feelings I have experienced. This was certainly NOT what I expected. For someone who is empathetic by nature and generally easygoing, I had never realized that I could be so powerfully attracted to very taboo sexual fantasies involving S&M, bondage, power, etc. It was a bit frightening for me. Again, the same feeling of 'what if I never go back to normal'. I need to stress that these sexual feelings were very taboo, but not in any external way - they were fantasies, not something I would live out in real life. But still, distressing. At the same time, incredibly physically stimulating. This lasted a brief while, then tapered off. Only about a week.

CONCLUSION:

Really, after reflecting on all of this I realize that I actually dealt with all the Pluto / Moon transit archetypes that I had read about. I just didn't expect to deal with different experiences each time the transit passed. I expected that the first pass would define what I would deal with over the next passes, but in fact I got to deal with Pluto's archetype in many different manifestations over the transit.

My advice to people about to experience this:
1) you will go back to 'normal' - dont feel that you will be stuck. yes, this transit will change you, but 'you' will still be there at the end. It IS temporary.
2) Following that thought, try to flow with it, even when things get scary. Resistance (in thought or action) makes it a lot tougher.
3) Counseling. Having someone neutral that I could honestly speak about my feelings to was immensely helpful. Also, they taught me real techniques about how to deal with some of the things I was feeling.

Well I hope that helps someone out there! I am happy to answer questions in the thread. Thanks!

Lin

Could you please either show your chart or....
give us the house position of the moon, Pluto in transits and Venus (ruler of the moon) and sign and house it is in?
I havent read the post yet. Want to print it out.
Also want to look to see when my Moon was squared by Pluto and what happened.
But I'm sure it didn't make 5 passes. That is harsh.
LIN

Lin

It really would be helpful if you showed your chart with the transits.

When Pluto squared my moon from the 10th to the 8th house cusp, I also had changes within the change. And I definitely wans't the same person at the end of it.
And Pluto did all the stuff it usually does and I'll discuss them if this discussion goes anywhwere.

But I want to say that my Pluto transit lasted 3 years and consequetly 3 Jupiter positions (signs) while this was happening. Also Saturn changed sign while this was going on. So Pluto cannot be held responsible for ALL events during its transit.

I ended a marriage, had to become a single mom and go back to work while my kids were only 4, which was not my first choice. I began dating but actually stayed away from men who were marriage material, because after my first short (4+) experience with marriage I felt my judgement must no be trusted the an "I do."

But....Neptune had to take some blame for this issue. I think Pluto forced the issue so that I didn't end up WASTING more time on a bad situation.

So: the outer planets all need to be taken into consideration with all heavy transits. No one planet causes ALL events.

Anyway, it would be interesting to continue this discussion about Pluto squares to the moon....
LIN

3Demon

Hi Lin!

Thanks for the reply. My moon is at 11'20 Libra

Pluto direct on 18 Sep 2012 at 06Cap57 - starts first pass
Pluto retrograde on 12 Apr 2013 at 11Cap35 - starts second pass (retro)
Pluto direct on 20 Sep 2013 at 08Cap59 - starts third pass
Pluto retrograde on 14 Apr 2014 at 13Cap34 - starts fourth pass (retro)
Pluto direct on 23 Sep 2014 at 10Cap59 - starts fifth and final pass

alicia

I've found this thread very interesting. In April 2015 Pluto in 4th first squared my Moon in 7th, as I write it's making it's second pass, third will be this summer and final in November.

I have had a very difficult time, I think it's been exacerbated by Uranus going back and forth over my Moon at the same time.

I've had the worst year of my life, no relief as Pluto moved away from my Moon - this possibly due to the Uranus/Moon conjunction, although that is now easing and I hope Pluto's next passes are not as traumatic.

As Pluto approached the square I experienced an extraordinarily painful breakup of a relationship - 7th house activity I guess? The summer was agony, not like a usual relationship breakup, recovery has been very slow and I'm not over it. But it was only an 18 month relationship, not a long relationship. I couldn't believe the pain I was feeling, absolutely floored.

I realised that this was Pluto telling me something: that I have a pattern of becoming involved with men with serious emotional issues, probably personality disordered, this was the third time I'd become involved with such a man. So the square forced me to look at myself, my childhood (4th), relationships (7th), family patterns (4th) alongside Uranus and Moon tangoing in 7th.

Recovery is an ongoing process, it's been hell and two more passes are due this year. I'm very interested, not to say worried, about the next passes, to see what they bring as my aim is to learn this huge lesson and benefit from the transforming benefits of this transit. Uranus conjuncts my north node in 7th later this year and I'm hoping that's going to be a beacon too.

I'd appreciate any comments. Many thanks.

Last edited:

Shush3789

I am now experiencing the pluto square moon anx its almosy exact now my moon is at20°47 libra and pluto is now at 20°43 i had ssveral panic attacs and i am living in my grandmothers house and this house is scary as **** beacuse there was a murder in here befor 20 years and the place is full of ghosts and the more scary thing is i aas here w years ago o the evening and i went to drink water and when i went out of the kitchen i herd someone call my neme and omg i just freezed and i turend around and there was no onee behind me and then i just ******* ren out of the house like crazy and it was the scariest thing ever happend to me so now every night when i go insine the house im putting my hand on my ear and go to my room as fast as i can its the scariest thing ever also i have met the shittyest people in my life its real hell now i am waiting for it to turn exact ill update you for how it went

HeartTree

Thank you for this really useful post. It’s frustrating search information from different forums where people are asking the same questions but never come back to update their own experiences. So I appreciate your effort :)