How important are southern fixed stars in the north?

pschutz

Hello all,

I recently found out that my Venus is on Acrux, so I wanted to see it on the sky with one of those mobile apps. Then I found out that it's nowhere to see in the north hemisphere because it's part of the Souther Cross.

So, how relevant is Acrux for my Venus?

And are stars that aren't visible on the sky at the moment of birth important in chart interpretation?

petosiris

Banned
And are stars that aren't visible on the sky at the moment of birth important in chart interpretation?

In my opinion yes, as all astrologers use the 1st - 7th house, and that should apply to fixed stars as well as to planets.

Then I found out that it's nowhere to see in the north hemisphere because it's part of the Southern Cross.

Stars like that should not be taken in my opinion.

One method of using fixed stars that I found more exciting and visually appealing is examining which stars are co-rising when the star (or the degree of the star) is at the ascendant. This ancient method does not use ecliptic projection and is known as paranatellonta.

Since you already a mobile app for looking at stars, simply put the ascendant where your Venus is, and examine the eastern stars that are relatively horizontal with it. You can make your interpretation according to the brightness, nature or constellation of the stars.

waybread

Acrux is not near the ecliptic. Something to consider as to how much influence it could have. With fixed stars, I think you'd know if if you felt it.