General questions

Marizkora

Hello everyone..

I would like to ask you something but im not sure if im expressing it on the right way..
1)So Is there any indication in the natal chart of a woman or a man that could show that a pregnacy may be successfull using egg donor or sperm donor respectively?
I mean the adoption may be showed from 11th house and aquarius i guess... but what if someone is using modern methods..? Is the same? again the eleventh and aquarius in exaltation??

2)Cazimi is when sun is exactly in the same orbs with another planet? can we count part of fortune as well???

3) What is the strength of North Node in the 5 th house what does it tells us about the kids?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• astro_2gw_mar.35918.16230.jpg
    astro_2gw_mar.35918.16230.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 36

waybread

I'm not aware of any astrological methods that would show the success of more advanced medical methods vs. the old-fashioned ones. But there are astrological methods that will identify the most fertile time in a woman's menstrual cycle based on the moon's cycle. Unfortunately I don't know how to use them, but you might look on-line for a reputable professional astrologer who is familiar with them.

An adopted child would also be a 5th house matter. Unless you adopted the child of a friend, family member, or other type of person who would be shown in your horoscope.

A planet is cazimi when it is in a conjunction with the sun, within 17 minutes of less. I don't think this works for sensitive points like the Part of Fortune, because in traditional astrology a conjunct planet's relationship with the sun was based on the idea that the sun's rays obscured the reflected light of a planet when it was too close. The P of F has no light but is an imaginary point calculated as a blend of the sun, moon, and ascendant positions.

The North Node shows where your growth lies as a person. In the 5th house, one meaning is that you would grow and learn through having children, but I don't think it would mean necessarily that you would have children because the 5th also rules activities that we do for fun: our recreation or leisure activities. You might also grow as a human being through a hobby or your favourite athletic activity. A romance that doesn't lead to marriage, sex-for-fun, and flirting also belong to this house.

I can't say that your chart shows a lot of indicators of fertility, but then, neither did mine. Yet I had two wonderful (now adult) children. One thing that you and I have in common is Venus in the 5th house. She is usually beneficial

Marizkora

I'm not aware of any astrological methods that would show the success of more advanced medical methods vs. the old-fashioned ones. But there are astrological methods that will identify the most fertile time in a woman's menstrual cycle based on the moon's cycle. Unfortunately I don't know how to use them, but you might look on-line for a reputable professional astrologer who is familiar with them.

An adopted child would also be a 5th house matter. Unless you adopted the child of a friend, family member, or other type of person who would be shown in your horoscope.

A planet is cazimi when it is in a conjunction with the sun, within 17 minutes of less. I don't think this works for sensitive points like the Part of Fortune, because in traditional astrology a conjunct planet's relationship with the sun was based on the idea that the sun's rays obscured the reflected light of a planet when it was too close. The P of F has no light but is an imaginary point calculated as a blend of the sun, moon, and ascendant positions.

The North Node shows where your growth lies as a person. In the 5th house, one meaning is that you would grow and learn through having children, but I don't think it would mean necessarily that you would have children because the 5th also rules activities that we do for fun: our recreation or leisure activities. You might also grow as a human being through a hobby or your favourite athletic activity. A romance that doesn't lead to marriage, sex-for-fun, and flirting also belong to this house.

I can't say that your chart shows a lot of indicators of fertility, but then, neither did mine. Yet I had two wonderful (now adult) children. One thing that you and I have in common is Venus in the 5th house. She is usually beneficial

You don't know how much I appreciate your answer !!! Especially the end of it ☺ ...Of course someone could say that the venus in virgo is the worst venus but still I believe in the applying trine between moon and Pluto and also moon is extract with the asc... I really don't know if this will help me or the jupiter in exaltation..
For the story I'm almost an adopted kid because my mother died when I was 2years old so I was raised by my stepmother the second wife of my father.
But I can't see any indication in my chart that shows this unfortunate passed fact. Maybe Saturn in 0 of virgo??? But I can't understand mother could be Saturn??? Thank you very much

waybread

I don't think that death can be read transparently off a chart, although others may disagree.

Basically a stepmother who raised you would be in the same house as your birth mother: traditionally the 10th house but many modern astrologers use the 4th house for the mother. Traditionally the 4th house is one's father, and the mother is indicated as the wife of the father, or the 7th house from the 4th. This seems a bit sexist, but that's the way the old astrologers worked it out. So either a step mother or your natural mother would be the wife (or partner) of your father.

You might look at transits to your chart for the day your mother died, to see if anything of this magnitude is indicated.

So far as children are concerned, I am not religious, but I do believe that children are a gift from God, and that modern medicine has removed a lot of the former barriers that some women had with fertility. Which probably explains why I had two children, despite my 5th house ruler and planets, and moon being in "barren" signs.

Also, there is often some flexibility in house cusps. If you change your house system, the new houses will often tell a different story. In whole signs houses, for example, your 5th house cusp would be in Libra, ruled by Venus, which is considered to be moderately fertile compared to Virgo.

Marizkora

Very interesting ..but what exists? i mean which system is the correct? no its silly question maybe all the systems serves different causes.

Of course i also believe definately that children is gift from God.I believe to God.
And then to science also.

May i ask you something more (because i can not understand this) :
When we tell that a planet despite is situated for instance in 2nd house ...is in 3rd ??
I cant express it appropiate..
Please take a look again at my chart...
jupiter is in 2nd house... in exaltation and in applying sextile with the venus ( this awfulll virgo venus ) and the cusp of 5th house. Which maybe..maybe is something hopefull.. a little..

But again someone could tell that the jupiter is not in the second house but in the third( cadent house) so its not helpfull at all???What s your opinion ??

But in which case and when we move the planets? is it correct?

Also .. im thinking but i dont know if its true.. its only a thought of mine .. jupiter has to do with the large so in this chart jupiter can we say that enlarges magnifies this T SQUARE..
but again i dont know if there is a t square between neptune , venus and moon.. moon is in 11 of gemini and venus is in 20 of virgo .. 9 orbs..

T square is between planets ? or to the cusps also?
So is there a t square between 5th cusp neptune retro and moon? and jupiter makes things worse or not...

I know that are many questions and i dont want to bother you but it will be really enlightening if you know and could answer..
Thank you

waybread

Astrologers have big debates about which house system is correct. It depends whom you ask. If you go to the free charts construction pages at Astrodienst, there is a section on the menu that allows you to choose from at least a dozen house systems. Probably Placidus, Equal House, and Whole Signs are the most common ones for natal chart interpretation.

I would suggest that you think about the rest of your life in terms of what the houses describe: friends (11th house,) money (2nd house,) siblings (3rd house, and so on.) See which house system seems like the best fit. You may not see much difference between them, or you may see significant differences. If you find a house system that seems like the best fit with the rest of your life, then chances are the 5th house would be the most accurate, also.

Jupiter is generally a good luck factor. There are no guarantees, but a sextile from Jupiter to a 5th house Venus should be beneficial.

CapAquaPis

I don't think that death can be read transparently off a chart, although others may disagree.

Basically a stepmother who raised you would be in the same house as your birth mother: traditionally the 10th house but many modern astrologers use the 4th house for the mother. Traditionally the 4th house is one's father, and the mother is indicated as the wife of the father, or the 7th house from the 4th. This seems a bit sexist, but that's the way the old astrologers worked it out. So either a step mother or your natural mother would be the wife (or partner) of your father.

You might look at transits to your chart for the day your mother died, to see if anything of this magnitude is indicated.

So far as children are concerned, I am not religious, but I do believe that children are a gift from God, and that modern medicine has removed a lot of the former barriers that some women had with fertility. Which probably explains why I had two children, despite my 5th house ruler and planets, and moon being in "barren" signs.

Also, there is often some flexibility in house cusps. If you change your house system, the new houses will often tell a different story. In whole signs houses, for example, your 5th house cusp would be in Libra, ruled by Venus, which is considered to be moderately fertile compared to Virgo.

Because the 4th house is ruled by Cancer, the sign of mothers...and the 10th ruled by Capricorn, sign of fathers. However, in my natal chart - the sign Libra is in 4th and Aries in 10th - I feel my father is represented in the 4th (the presence of Pluto) and my mother in 10th (the presence of Venus).

waybread

There is a branch of modern astrology that equates planets, signs, and houses by-the-numbers. I disagree with it. I can go into detail on why, if you're interested, but for starters, planets, signs, and houses mean different things.

A planet is the actor, like the subject in a sentence.

A sign is like an adjective or adverb in a sentence. It shows how or in what manner a planet operates.

A house works like a prepositional phrase in a sentence. It shows where, or in what domain of life a planet operates.

Planets do not rule houses. They rule signs. The sign on the cusp of a house will have a planetary ruler, called the house cusp ruler, or lord; but this planet attains its importance by virtue of ruling the sign.

Marizkora

Dear Waybread ,
Although i like very much what you have written about planets and syntax and the connection between them ( i found it extremely smart! im greek philologist), i cant understand very much the difference.
Could you please help me define?Lets say moon and saturn .
Moon is the actress.. ( fertility, senses , unconscious)
Saturn (restriction and limitation)
Moon in gemini (mix of the yin and the yang, gemini represented by the Twins. practical , youthfull, playfull ...)
(so why astrologers used to tell that this moon is barren i cant get it but this is another story)
so moon in gemini in first..here i cant understand ..
"in what domain of life a planet operates." ???
and saturn( limitation ) in the forth house..??? i have limits in the family?? which family ..? my husband' s and i , or my family with my father step mother sisters??

"Planets do not rule houses. They rule signs. The sign on the cusp of a house will have a planetary ruler, called the house cusp ruler, or lord; but this planet attains its importance by virtue of ruling the sign."

here you are up tho the point! i thought although i have studied a little bit astrology that the planet rules the house. i cant understand what you are saying in practical way. Saturn doesnt rule 4th house in my chart.ok. i know this.
But Mercury rules 5th house in my chart.
" but this planet attains its importance by virtue of ruling the sign."
????
thank you

waybread

Traditionally, astrology divides the signs into male (air, fire) and female (water, earth.) Supposedly the water signs (Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio) are fertile. Taurus and Libra, ruled by Venus, are moderately fertile. Capricorn a bit less. Because Virgo, the virgin, by definition was not child-bearing, Virgo is considered to be a barren sign, even though it belongs to the feminine earth category.The "male" air and fire signs are generally considered to be barren.

Gemini is an air sign. Yin and yang are eastern religious concepts. In ancient Greek mythology the twins (or brothers) were believed to have been Castor and Pollux.

But-- with my moon in Leo and 5th house planets in Aquarius, I nevertheless had two wonderful children. So I'm not sure how accurate the old system is; especially today where doctors have fertility treatments unavailable long ago.

An astrological house basically shows "where" a planet operates, sort of like a prepositional phrase. (For example, "in my marriage, "in my home," or "around my friends.") Put differently, a house shows a category of life experience (your finances, health, travel,) or types of people in your life (children, friends, spouse.)

Some modern astrologers try to make planets, houses, and signs mean the same thing by assigning them a number from 1 to 12, but I think this is a mistake. For example, the first house shows the person's outward personality and body, but if she happens to have Pisces rising, the sign of Aries and its ruler Mars will not describe her very well. If someone has Virgo on the 11th house cusp, will he approach friendships like a Virgo or like an Aquarian (11th sign)? To me, it gets too confusing.

In astrology, we do talk about house cusp rulers or lords. However, they are not fixed by the house itself, but by the sign on the house cusp, and the sign's planetary ruler. For example, if someone has the sign of Virgo on the cusp of her 11th house, then Virgo's planetary ruler Mercury becomes the house cusp ruler-- for that chart. If Pisces is on the cusp of the 11th house, then Jupiter is the traditional ruler and Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces. You can choose either one, or look at both.

Then looking at the situation of a house cusp ruler will tell us something about the house in question.

Here are the planetary rulers of the zodiac signs:

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini: Mercury
Cancer: moon
Leo: sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Mars (traditional) Pluto (modern)
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Saturn (traditional) Uranus (modern)
Pisces: Jupiter (traditional) Neptune (modern)

Marizkora

You are amazing.
I see...I will not approaching numbers at all. Its so confusing . I prefer to look the lords maybe with Ptolemaic decans.

Which planet system you do use?

Do you think I have t square or not?

Marizkora

Traditionally, astrology divides the signs into male (air, fire) and female (water, earth.) Supposedly the water signs (Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio) are fertile. Taurus and Libra, ruled by Venus, are moderately fertile. Capricorn a bit less. Because Virgo, the virgin, by definition was not child-bearing, Virgo is considered to be a barren sign, even though it belongs to the feminine earth category.The "male" air and fire signs are generally considered to be barren.

Gemini is an air sign. Yin and yang are eastern religious concepts. In ancient Greek mythology the twins (or brothers) were believed to have been Castor and Pollux.

But-- with my moon in Leo and 5th house planets in Aquarius, I nevertheless had two wonderful children. So I'm not sure how accurate the old system is; especially today where doctors have fertility treatments unavailable long ago.

An astrological house basically shows "where" a planet operates, sort of like a prepositional phrase. (For example, "in my marriage, "in my home," or "around my friends.") Put differently, a house shows a category of life experience (your finances, health, travel,) or types of people in your life (children, friends, spouse.)

Some modern astrologers try to make planets, houses, and signs mean the same thing by assigning them a number from 1 to 12, but I think this is a mistake. For example, the first house shows the person's outward personality and body, but if she happens to have Pisces rising, the sign of Aries and its ruler Mars will not describe her very well. If someone has Virgo on the 11th house cusp, will he approach friendships like a Virgo or like an Aquarian (11th sign)? To me, it gets too confusing.

In astrology, we do talk about house cusp rulers or lords. However, they are not fixed by the house itself, but by the sign on the house cusp, and the sign's planetary ruler. For example, if someone has the sign of Virgo on the cusp of her 11th house, then Virgo's planetary ruler Mercury becomes the house cusp ruler-- for that chart. If Pisces is on the cusp of the 11th house, then Jupiter is the traditional ruler and Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces. You can choose either one, or look at both.

Then looking at the situation of a house cusp ruler will tell us something about the house in question.

Here are the planetary rulers of the zodiac signs:

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini: Mercury
Cancer: moon
Leo: sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Mars (traditional) Pluto (modern)
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Saturn (traditional) Uranus (modern)
Pisces: Jupiter (traditional) Neptune (modern)

Waybread happy New year... I'm pregnant but I don't know if it will be full term... what's your opinion?

waybread

Happy New Year, to you as well, Mum-to-be!

I don't practice a fortune-telling kind of astrology, but lucky you with your 5th-house Venus sextiling Jupiter.