Cyprus and the EU Financial crisis

ptolomy

The present Financial crisis hitting Cyprus is a likely straw that broke the camels back.In my opinion if the Authorities/Banks/Government/Brussels/Germany etc etc(and this unelected diversity of leadership is part of the problem) dont sort something out yesterday,Then Cyprus could easily become the final straw.Because despite the countries size.It is the principal that matters.Being that an unelected authoritee (namely the EU)has decide to balance its books by stealing money from ordinary peoples accounts.If the people in other countries of the EU that are also experiencing big financial debts get a suspicion that its books might also be balanced by a similar methodology,Then this could very easily lead to a run on the banks in countries like Italy,Spain,Portugal,Greece etc,And that would be the end of the EURO and the collapse of law and order across Europe.If you look at the present mundane chart for the next 2 weeks,'They'? couldn't have chosen a worse time to upset the apple cart because Uranus in Aries is being conjuncted by Sun,Mars and Venus squaring back to Transiting Pluto at 11:30 Cap.Of course it can also be seen that this is the reason for the present unrest in Cyprus,Especially the combination of Venus conjuncting Mars and the passion these 2 together can arouse,There is also the Moons transits to take into account as it forms oppositions and squares to the 10/11 degrees of Cap/Aries as major trigger points during the next week or so.Time will tell.

Attachments

• CYPRUS.gif
    CYPRUS.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 27

JUPITERASC

The present Financial crisis hitting Cyprus is a likely straw that broke the camels back.In my opinion if the Authorities/Banks/Government/Brussels/Germany etc etc(and this unelected diversity of leadership is part of the problem) dont sort something out yesterday,Then Cyprus could easily become the final straw.Because despite the countries size.It is the principal that matters.Being that an unelected authoritee (namely the EU)has decide to balance its books by stealing money from ordinary peoples accounts.If the people in other countries of the EU that are also experiencing big financial debts get a suspicion that its books might also be balanced by a similar methodology,Then this could very easily lead to a run on the banks in countries like Italy,Spain,Portugal,Greece etc,And that would be the end of the EURO and the collapse of law and order across Europe.If you look at the present mundane chart for the next 2 weeks,'They'? couldn't have chosen a worse time to upset the apple cart because Uranus in Aries is being conjuncted by Sun,Mars and Venus squaring back to Transiting Pluto at 11:30 Cap.Of course it can also be seen that this is the reason for the present unrest in Cyprus,Especially the combination of Venus conjuncting Mars and the passion these 2 together can arouse,There is also the Moons transits to take into account as it forms oppositions and squares to the 10/11 degrees of Cap/Aries as major trigger points during the next week or so.Time will tell.
Certainly the rest of the EU is watching nervously because what happens to Cyprus could happen to any other EU member country! :smile:

Astrological blog analyses the current situation at: http://solarisastrology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/cyprus-tax-on-savings-causes-public.html

Last edited:

ptolomy

Presently,Transiting Jupiter is conjunct right between natal Moon conjunct natal Mars ,Which is definitely an inflation of the nations tendency to begin many projects from a Moon conjunct Mars stance,Not an ideal way to begin any thing is that combination as it normally involves anger and with transiting Jupiter,Only much more so.This grouping also has a very fast transit/conjunction of Mercury conj Chiron which also squares the Moon conj Mars which suggests only more negative communications during this period.
Another grouping which is directly involved with the typical trigger for western countries at the moment is the Pluto/Uranus square which particularly hurts Cyprus with transiting Pluto conjuncting the countries Saturn in the very near future which can only suggest imminent austerity,And at the other end of the square we have Transiting Uranus and then passing through also presently the group of Sun,Venus and Mars which will trigger various difficult events.probably very sudden and unexpected when Uranus in Aries is involved.

JUPITERASC

Cyprus is to impose capital controls, for a seven-day trial period.

Capital controls will be deployed to prevent a stampede of withdrawals by panicked depositors when the banks reopen, possibly on Thursday, after a closure that has dragged on for nearly two weeks.

In broad terms, they will limit the ability to withdraw money, or shift it between accounts or across borders, according to officials. The measures might also delay the processing of cheques and impose a huge, uncontrollable and grey-market tariff on attempts to do what people are used to being able to do freely”

For the next week, a euro in Cyprus is worth less than a euro elsewhere. How much less, is unknown, and there will probably never be a clear market rate. Nonetheless, if a Cypriot finds themselves urgently needing to get a large number of euros out of the country – say, to close a purchase on a house in the French Riviera – it's relatively obvious what they have to do. Offer someone in the "real" eurozone a quantity of euros in Cyprus to spend the money for them”

The premium offered depends on the risk that the capital controls will not be lifted, as well as the value our outsider places on euros which can only be spent in Cyprus, but it's fairly doable from a technical point of view.

Of course, if the premium is too high – if you'd need to promise €5m (Cypriot) to get someone to spend €1m (non-Cypriot) – then you'll likely see movement from the grey market to the black market. In other words, suitcases full of money crossing the Adriatic:smile:

byjove

Account Closed
:whistling: "could happen" or "will happen" ?

video:
http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/

Oh how I wish! If I knew the arrow to fire, I'd fire it myself...how I wish to see it cumble.

Former Head of Euro Group in EU Warns about Brooding War Sentiment Rising
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/12/jean-claude-juncker-demons-war_n_2858852.html

As for the mundane aspects, yes Uranus is at 8 degrees of Aries (last seen when Hitler rose to power) is approaching Pluto at 11 degrees Capricorn. I note that Uranus will retrograde from about 11/12 degrees of Aries back over the early degrees of Aries. How I wish that events could progress to something final now, but with that retrograde yet to come, I fear this could be just another world-class EU sit-down-and-think-and-would-you-like-tea-with-that-delay. It might not be until the end of the year before anything happens. I note that transiting Saturn is retrograde...I think it's June when it turns direct. Law and dis-order retrograde at the same time...things are brewing so what's happening on the ground in Cyprus is still the calm before the storm with retrogrades imminent, I think.

ptolomy

Dearest Byjove

I love your Kittykat avatar :),Meow:)Looks like the cats caught someone stealing his cream,Probably most likely the cats been told he can have his cream,But only in 300 Cypriot dollars worth a day so hes queuing outside the Cypriot dairy looking a bit pissed.lol
As for whats happening in Cyprus,It appears on the midday news that things are hotting up in Cyprus as the people have finally been allowed to remove their money from the banks,But only 300 pounds?dollars? worth a day,And each bank teller has their own armed guard.They must feel very safe.....not:(

Neptune Rising

Cyprus is to impose capital controls, for a seven-day trial period.

Capital controls! Wow, if that isn't an iron fisted heavy handed Saturn in Scorpio sextile Pluto in Capricorn, I don't know what is! :rightful:

Yod to the Jupiter...

Its almost, or probably is, like those in control are stealing the people's money, and the people are not allowed to access their money. I would get darned :devil: if someone took hold of the money I spent time and effort to earn, which these days with inflation is a heck of a lot harder to earn!

JUPITERASC

'...Lingering hopes that Cyprus's capital controls would be lifted in a week have been snuffed out by foreign minister Ioannis Kasoulides who told reporters in Nicosia: “Cyprus expects to fully lift the regime on its banks in about a month - that a number of restrictions will be lifted and gradually, probably over a period of about a month according to the estimates of the central bank, the restrictions will be fully lifted

The measures would initially last for a week - but many experts predicted Cyprus will keep them for many months. Kasoulides may still be too optimistic...' :smile:

c6d2cefd-11ed-473b-95ae-72ee1d23fc0a-620x372.jpeg

People outside a Coop bank branch in Nicosia, Cyprus, Thursday 28 March 2013. Photograph: Philippos Christou/AP

Neptune Rising

Something makes me wonder, if it (the Euro) was just all a big experiment by the powers that be, with no intention of ever lasting. The result it has on the citizens I don't think really matters to those in power, they have their security and nest eggs already sorted. It makes me also wonder, what the alternative to the Euro currency will be. Pluto in Capricorn is doing a pretty thorough job!

byjove

Account Closed
Something makes me wonder, if it (the Euro) was just all a big experiment by the powers that be, with no intention of ever lasting. The result it has on the citizens I don't think really matters to those in power, they have their security and nest eggs already sorted. It makes me also wonder, what the alternative to the Euro currency will be. Pluto in Capricorn is doing a pretty thorough job!

The politicians and central bankers not caring about the people so much as power, money and dignity is exactly was destroyed my faith in the EU. As for the Euro...

Margaret Thatcher said the Euro would fail
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/p...w-the-single-currency-would-devastate-europe/

German ambitions in the EU
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/p...ive-germany-the-empire-its-always-dreamed-of/

Neptune Rising

Thanks for the links, Byjove! I find it truly incredible that these people who are supposedly good at 'the books' and economics could not also foresee such a disaster that is affecting so many people. If Margaret Thatcher could see it, why couldn't they? Perhaps I am a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems like a larger plan is afoot...

I don't know if we are getting accurate news from Cyprus, I am surprised there have been no recent riots with all that is going on. What with the Mars and now Sun/Venus square to Pluto and conjunct Uranus, plus the recent full Moon. The heavy hand of Saturn/Pluto seems to be the upper hand at the moment :(

Investors were withdrawing money before the crisis, back in February

byjove

Account Closed
We have transiting Uranus to square Pluto at 11 degrees Aries in late April/May I believe. I just hope that that manifests more politically than in natural disasters...Uranus would be casting the aspect to Pluto, revolution to government maybe? Uranus will make it to about 12 degrees in Aries before it retrogrades back to early Aries - Act 1, Scene 3!

chris10

Cyprus is to impose capital controls

First off, the notion that this is a tax is an absurd lie propagated by the thieves who are stealing money right out of people's accounts. Taxes are the product of legislation and can't reach back in time.
The Cypriot account confiscation thus fails as a "tax" on at least two scores. The fact that most in the media can even call it a tax without a bag over their heads tells you a lot more about the media than it does about the transaction.

Second, the idea that Cyrpus is targeting "dirty Russian money launderers" is complete #@#%#@ that ducks the real issue.
Even if that is their real issue, just go after those bank accounts. Now, who's behind the theft from accounts? Bankster bondholders who knowingly made bad loans, that's who. Tough s _ _ t for them. They should know, whoever plays with fire, might get burnt. Once again criminality and ineptitude is rewarded with money stolen from innocent bystanders.

Third, can it happen in the U.S.?
Sorry, already has ... ?
Maybe some have slept through MF Global … :innocent: Once again: most media ignore the real thieves. How many times do "they" have to be exposed for people to get it?

Finally, the so-called "rich." People with more than 100K Euros in their bank accounts aren't rich. They're elderly or hard working people who can save a buck/euro, people who have done well for themselves. The real "rich" are the thieves who've got politicians on their speed dial so they've got someone to call when their fraudulent loans go bad :pinched:

Oh how I wish! If I knew the arrow to fire, I'd fire it myself...how I wish to see it crumble.

… Would you mind if I joined you? :innocent:

ptolomy

I agree Chris

These people taking money from normal peoples bank accounts are theives.Ive only just recently discovered that many governments are corrupt,It took me many years to work out that many western governments dont work for the people.It started with my interest in 9/11 revealing it really couldnt be anything but an inside job especially when Building 7 collapsed as an obvious demolition job,Which meant there was no other answer,the CIA etc and i assume the US govt with its useless investigation afterwards.It could not be anything else,Now i see govts all over the west bowing down to the corporates wants and plans.I dont understand what these idiots want from the populace of the west,They obviously dont work for us,The outcome of all this 2 faced behavior cannot be good,The people are bound to turn on these rotten governments who dont work for them,The result could be awful.Whatever way they go it wont be good.I dread the future to sort this mess out.Im thinking these rotten governments will turn the army on the people as they will be frightened and in there eyes it will be their only defence.This is the year that the camels back will break in my opinion,Now its wait it out,Its just a matter of time before the whole rotten edifice of corrupt western government falls to pieces:(.With stealing money from the people,It wont take long now before it happens.God help us all.

chris10

Ive only just recently discovered that many governments are corrupt,It took me many years to work out that many western governments dont work for the people.It started with my interest in 9/11 revealing it really couldnt be anything but an inside job especially when Building 7 collapsed as an obvious demolition job,Which meant there was no other answer,the CIA etc and i assume the US govt with its useless investigation afterwards.It could not be anything else.

9/11? :whistling:
Let's not even get started on that.
The illegal invasion of Iraq was undertaken for many reasons — the tempting lure of untapped oil reserves, the desire to consolidate U.S./Israeli military hegemony over a strategically vital region, the imminent replacement of the dollar by the euro as the world's primary currency ...
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz
"Of course it's about oil; we can't really deny that," said Gen. John Abizaid, former head of U.S. Central Command and Military Operations in Iraq, in 2007. Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan agree, writing in his memoir, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." Then-Sen. and now Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the same in 2007: "People say we're not fighting for oil. Of course we are."

Now i see govts all over the west bowing down to the corporates wants and plans.I dont understand what these idiots want from the populace of the west
Money! Power! :devil:

They obviously dont work for us,The outcome of all this 2 faced behavior cannot be good,The people are bound to turn on these rotten governments who dont work for them,The result could be awful.Whatever way they go it wont be good.I dread the future to sort this mess out.Im thinking these rotten governments will turn the army on the people as they will be frightenedand in there eyes it will be their only defence..
History is just repeating itself

“Humans are capable of so much more. Power mongers like you have stripped away what is most valuable to us, the importance of our heritage and family values. We have been robbed of this, blinded by your authority, while you encourage us to burry ourselves in debt and rely on our corrupt governments. Men and women around the world have been forced to work long hours to keep up with inflated debts, all the while abandoning the families they struggle to support. History repeats, and repeats. It’s time to break the cycle and start anew.”
― Aaron B. Powell

This is the year that the camels back will break in my opinion,Now its wait it out,Its just a matter of time before the whole rotten edifice of corrupt western government falls to pieces:(.With stealing money from the people,It wont take long now before it happens.God help us all.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
Karl Marx

rahu

Banned
the cyprus economic "crisis" was sloved when the banks simply confiscated all money over 100,000 euros in private accounts.

this set a precedence for how the IMF was going to solve the banking problems.

now poland has done the same thing to solve the problem with their "sovereign debt" load. they simply confiscated % 50 of the capital of private pension funds.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/poland-...pension-funds-to-cut-sovereign-debt-load.html

so it makes no difference what one does economically, the banksters are going to confiscate evryones money to pay themselves for the financial larceny they have created.

don't forget that in the U.S.A. ,the american citizen is financiallly liable for all debts incurred by the federal reserve and the government.

and they will come to your front door to collect under the cover of armed drones.

rahu