Help Tikana/Dr Farr! Should I switch my dog to minocycline?

Vista

Ok, my little dog Mushu has a cancerous tumor on his neck. He is 11 1/2 years old with a heart problem, so the vet and I have decided to not opt for surgery unless absolutely necessary. He has scratched it open a few times and did so again and now it's infected once more. He is on Cephalexin but it's no longer working. I am thinking of switching to Minocycline, which I have a full prescription of. As many know, i have been out of work 2 1/2 years and have lost everything. Mushu has been to the vet at least a 1/2 dozen times this year and most recently a month ago. I am broke. I was thinking of trying this(he has been on it in the past) along with Betadine and Chlorhexidine antiseptic wash. Please, any feedback related to the chart would be helpful! I am not trying to neglect his health as I love him dearly, but I already know that I am not ready to try surgery yet for fear of him not making it out alive, so if I go to the vet they will just try a different antibiotic and give me a ridiculous priced quote for the surgery.

His turned house shows Venus ruling him and his 6th h health. We have Saturn placed inside with Sun moving away from the conjunction. Mercury is moving towards the conjunction of Venus. Both Mer and Venus change sign into Jupiter ruled Sag before Sun performs a conjunction with them in Scorpio. Venus is in the Moons term, and in it's own detriment(he's his own problem because he keeps scratching it open), but also in it's own triplicity and term and ruled by Mars. Moon conjuncts Mars. Not sure if that has meaning or not? The chart is not radical since the hour is ruled by Saturn and Jupiter rules me, the querent. If I use Magic 8 Ball, Mushu's is ruled by Venus and so is his Health and Venus is benefic, so yes??

I am stressed with worry and not having money to pay for him. Thank you for the help!!!

Attachments

• Should I switch Mushu to Mino.jpg
    Should I switch Mushu to Mino.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

tikana

Vista

i am going out atm so dont have tme to look .. i will look tonight

there is a few programs google it it is for people who cannot afford healthcare for 4 legged children look up.. you have to file some paperwork they might be able to help your 4 legged child forfree

till later
T

Vista

Vista

i am going out atm so dont have tme to look .. i will look tonight

there is a few programs google it it is for people who cannot afford healthcare for 4 legged children look up.. you have to file some paperwork they might be able to help your 4 legged child forfree

till later
T
Hi Tikana,
Ok, I will check it out. I am hoping to get it under control and when i am working I will likely reluctantly opt to have the surgery performed. Thank you!!!

tikana

hi

Dang i am itchy lemme look fast
your kid is Venus i tis via combusta and is in your 12th house NOT GOOD!
moon conj mars - NOT good . it is your child's 12th house
jupiter is in your kid's 12th house
DO NOT DO IT! you will make him feel worse

T

Vista

hi

Dang i am itchy lemme look fast
your kid is Venus i tis via combusta and is in your 12th house NOT GOOD!
moon conj mars - NOT good . it is your child's 12th house
jupiter is in your kid's 12th house
DO NOT DO IT! you will make him feel worse

T

Ok, I won't...I will keep him on his current meds and do a better job cleaning with the antispetic scrubs. Thank you again for looking!!!

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-Mushu = 6th house (since the question was if YOU should do xxx, then I used you for the ascendant and your pet for the 6th) = Taurus = Venus
-medicine in the case = 10th house* from the 6th (ie, medicine for Mushu the pet) = Aquarius = Saturn
-Venus flows away from Saturn = - testimony (relative to the medicine named in the question)
-Venus and Saturn make no applying aspect = - testimony
-Venus is posited in Scorpio, its detriment: might indicate Mushu could be poisoned by the specific medicine, to some extent (Scorpio a sign connected with posions) =
- testimony
-Saturn (the medicine) is posited in Mushu's 6th house of illness-indicates the medicine could add to Mushu's illness = - testimony
-Saturn posited in its elevation sign = + testimony
Results:
Positive = +1 testimony
Negative = -4 testimonies
Net = -3 testimonies

...with a net -3 testimonies, indications are no you should not give Mushu the medicine you specified in your question

(Note: Walis Magic 8 Ball divination also indicates a "no": significator house of the medicine is 10th from the 6th which = Aquarius which = a "no" answer according to 8 Ball "rules"; using the 8 Ball method, you would have looked at the significator of what you were specifically asking about, ie, the medicine, and would have used Mushu's signifying house, the 6th house of the chart, to derive the 10th house of medicine)

*10th house to signify medicines is found in Lilly, Culpepper, Dariot, Bonatti, etc

Last edited:

Anachiel

FYI, minocycline is an antibiotic. This would really not address the issue you described and, possibly lower the immune system by destroying beneficial bacteria in the body.

Also, there have been links made between auto-immune disorders and depression of the auto-immune system in people (yes, I know you have a dog) and this drug leading up to thyroid cancer in some cases.

You may want to consider Theraputic Touch of which there are references on how to do on the web.

I know your funds are low but, if you have any one that is familiar with homeopathy or ortho-molecular veteranary approaches, you may want to ask them for advice.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Last edited:

Vista

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-Mushu = 6th house (since the question was if YOU should do xxx, then I used you for the ascendant and your pet for the 6th) = Taurus = Venus
-medicine in the case = 10th house* from the 6th (ie, medicine for Mushu the pet) = Aquarius = Saturn
-Venus flows away from Saturn = - testimony (relative to the medicine named in the question)
-Venus and Saturn make no applying aspect = - testimony
-Venus is posited in Scorpio, its detriment: might indicate Mushu could be poisoned by the specific medicine, to some extent (Scorpio a sign connected with posions) =
- testimony
-Saturn (the medicine) is posited in Mushu's 6th house of illness-indicates the medicine could add to Mushu's illness = - testimony
-Saturn posited in its elevation sign = + testimony
Results:
Positive = +1 testimony
Negative = -4 testimonies
Net = -3 testimonies

...with a net -3 testimonies, indications are no you should not give Mushu the medicine you specified in your question

(Note: Walis Magic 8 Ball divination also indicates a "no": significator house of the medicine is 10th from the 6th which = Aquarius which = a "no" answer according to 8 Ball "rules"; using the 8 Ball method, you would have looked at the significator of what you were specifically asking about, ie, the medicine, and would have used Mushu's signifying house, the 6th house of the chart, to derive the 10th house of medicine)

*10th house to signify medicines is found in Lilly, Culpepper, Dariot, Bonatti, etc

Thank you so MUCH Dr Farr for your detailed explanation. You make it so easy to figure out, yet when i try to do it, it doesn't make sense. I wondered what house would rule "medicine." The washing with Betadine and Chlorihexine seems to have taken the smell away, which to me has to be a good sign. I have also continued with the Cephalexin he was prescribed by the vet and hope that between the 3 it will improve. I also have Tea Leef oil, which is a natural topical antiseptic and antiviral as well as another OTC one that I applied as well. Thank you again for helping.
Vista

Vista

FYI, minocycline is an antibiotic. This would really not address the issue you described and, possibly lower the immune system by destroying beneficial bacteria in the body.

Also, there have been links made between auto-immune disorders and depression of the auto-immune system in people (yes, I know you have a dog) and this drug leading up to thyroid cancer in some cases.

You may want to consider Theraputic Touch of which there are references on how to do on the web.

I know your funds are low but, if you have any one that is familiar with homeopathy or ortho-molecular veteranary approaches, you may want to ask them for advice.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Hi Anachiel,
Because he has scratched the cyst multiple times and keeps reopening it, there is a secondary infection besides that fact the tumor is cancerous. I can tell because there is a smell to it, although that seems to be almost gone now that I began a more diligent washing protocol as I described above. I am mad at myself because I haven't wrapped his necked as well as I could have and it was almost healed several times. I also was relying on the antibiotics, which clearly were not enough to combat another infection. I have 3 layers of wraps on now with the bottom one being sterile and will put a cone on him if there are more issues.

My friend who is a natural path recommended the Tea Tree old topically. I will do as you suggest and look up Therapeutic Touch and see what I can find. Thank you for your help.

Vista

Anachiel

I have to add this due to your recent post. I have to trust your naturapothic friend but, normally, in severe wounds and open wounds, you would not apply Tea Tree oil. First, it is going to burn and hurt and cause further discomfort. Second, if the wound is still in an inflammitory stage, it can do more harm than good. Oils are not the solution to a wound when it is inflammed.

Tea Tree is used with simple cuts and abrassions but, what you are describing is far from this common type of wounding.

You do not want to irritate the wound or it won't heal. You simply want to keep it clean with clean water and then keep it wrapped in clean bandages. Do not use regular soap either as this will dry out and further irritate the wound and cause it to infect.

I highly suggest you contact your vet, or even the Humane Society for additional information as to how to keep the wound clean and what, if any cleansers, they can suggest to you at this point in the healing.

The body will heal itself if nothing is interferring with the healing.

A wound will go through three stages. The first in the inflammed stage; this is the point where the wound must be kept clean and well covered and attended to, to prevent inflection. it is during this stage that the body will start to creates it own protective barrier for the wound and start the healing process.
The second stage is proliferative; in which the body basically is protecting and developing new skin to close the wound. Msst often you see a scab form at this point.
The final stage is remodeling; in which new tissues are formed and the wound is basically half to mostly closed and healed over.

It is a predictable pattern and if the wound is not following this pattern then it has become chronic and must be seen by a professional (or you should get additional infomation and advisement).

There may also be free clinics and organizations in your area that can give you some advice on care for this wound. Call around or start with the Humane Society. They can, at least, perhaps offer a referal if you explain your situation to them.

It is likely they will advise you to use a TOPICAL (as in-only used on the skin - not taken internally) anti-biotic which will assist in the healing process. Also, they will be able to distinguish if this is a tumor or a ulcer.

Although life is the first priority, we also want to consider keeping the small animal pain free and as comfortable and unbothered as possible. So consider that stinging medications or treatments such as Tea Tree on the wound will hurt and ultimately may damage the healing process by further inflamming the wound and discomforting the general well-being of the dog.

I know things may be rough right now but, do look around for a second opinion and medical advice on home treatment.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Last edited:

Vista

I have to add this due to your recent post. I have to trust your naturapothic friend but, normally, in severe wounds and open wounds, you would not apply Tea Tree oil. First, it is going to burn and hurt and cause further discomfort. Second, if the wound is still in an inflammitory stage, it can do more harm than good. Oils are not the solution to a wound when it is inflammed.

Tea Tree is used with simple cuts and abrassions but, what you are describing is far from this common type of wounding.

You do not want to irritate the wound or it won't heal. You simply want to keep it clean with clean water and then keep it wrapped in clean bandages. Do not use regular soap either as this will dry out and further irritate the wound and cause it to infect.

I highly suggest you contact your vet, or even the Humane Society for additional information as to how to keep the wound clean and what, if any cleansers, they can suggest to you at this point in the healing.

The body will heal itself if nothing is interferring with the healing.

A wound will go through three stages. The first in the inflammed stage; this is the point where the wound must be kept clean and well covered and attended to, to prevent inflection. it is during this stage that the body will start to creates it own protective barrier for the wound and start the healing process.
The second stage is proliferative; in which the body basically is protecting and developing new skin to close the wound. Msst often you see a scab form at this point.
The final stage is remodeling; in which new tissues are formed and the wound is basically half to mostly closed and healed over.

It is a predictable pattern and if the wound is not following this pattern then it has become chronic and must be seen by a professional (or you should get additional infomation and advisement).

There may also be free clinics and organizations in your area that can give you some advice on care for this wound. Call around or start with the Humane Society. They can, at least, perhaps offer a referal if you explain your situation to them.

It is likely they will advise you to use a TOPICAL (as in-only used on the skin - not taken internally) anti-biotic which will assist in the healing process. Also, they will be able to distinguish if this is a tumor or a ulcer.

Although life is the first priority, we also want to consider keeping the small animal pain free and as comfortable and unbothered as possible. So consider that stinging medications or treatments such as Tea Tree on the wound will hurt and ultimately may damage the healing process by further inflamming the wound and discomforting the general well-being of the dog.

I know things may be rough right now but, do look around for a second opinion and medical advice on home treatment.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Hi Anachiel,
I am not using the Tea Tree, it's too strong smelling for him. A vet did tell me to continue with the chlorhexidine and also added the Betadine solution, as well as continuing with Cephalexin twice a day. I will give it a couple days now that I am diligently washing it with these two solutions and see how he does. Unfortunately, despite the layers of covering, he managed to scratch it again so he will be wearing a cone over the bandages from this point forward until he is healed or it's removed. He really hates it, but I have not other choice.
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. I really love him dearly and don't wont him to suffer, but the idea of putting him under when he has congestive heart failure and he didn't pull through would kill me. I will see how it goes at this point. He seems to be acting just fine with a love for goind walking a treats!!

dr. farr

Anachiel's recommendation of Therapeutic Touch (or other types of hands on healing) is excellent-done correctly it really can work wonders (hands on healing is one of the approaches I teach in my bio-energetics course at the university) The key is to do it frequently-doesn't need to be long and drawn out, just a few minutes of concentrated energy per session is all that is needed, however repetition is the key to success with hands on healing, and if several sessions could be done every day, momentum towards healing could be built-up and Mushu might be helped more than you think!
Also, do not touch ON the lesion-ideally the application of your fingers (from both hands) should be done at right angles to the affected area, and at least 2 inches away from the actual spot of the lesion.
Best of luck to Mushu...and you too!

Last edited: