Will I ever make it in academia or education in general?

I love learning and want to teach one day. I was in grad school, but was suspended afyer giving birth to my daughter two months early April 28th,2016. I want to go back, but the wind in my sails isn't quite there yet. Health issues from giving birth still plague me. Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe? Thank you.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?clang=e&rs=0&gm=a1&btyp=2&sday=10&syr=2017&mth=gw&smon=9&nhor=2

Here is my natal with progressions:

Attachments

• natalprogressed7.jpg
    natalprogressed7.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
Hello
I think you have a tolerant Chart
It is the chart of a globalist. You know what to Do
Just take a Break sometimes. Then you will Win (in the End.) :)
Surely you are going to Win, always! :)
Just be ready to control yourself!
You would be good in business.
But not for teaching.

Thank you! I do think of myself as a globalist, and my mother says I have a 'world view,' but it was not always this way.

I have never had a desire to work in business, unfortunately. I read that my Sun conjunct Chiron was a good aspect for teaching or politics.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have never had a desire to work in business, unfortunately. I read that my Sun conjunct Chiron was a good aspect for teaching or politics.

That is a great reason why you should trust your own experience over what someone tells you an an amateur astrologers' forum. Birth charts show a wide range of possibilities when it comes to career (or, really, to just about anything). Not all of them are going to be what you're interested in or able to pursue.

I haven't looked much into Chiron conjunct Sun, but there's a beautiful article here: https://astrobutterfly.com/2017/03/14/sun-conjunct-chiron-feed-the-hungry-horses/

It doesn't say anything about career. Probably because your Chiron placement has much more to do with your life as a whole than with what career you should pursue.

Someone somewhere on this forum once told me that a possible meaning of Chiron conjunct Jupiter is having your dreams dashed. I have Chiron conjunct Jupiter, and that has happened to me more than once. I wonder if Chiron conjunct Sun might play out in a similar way, which would be a greater obstacle to a career if you have dreams for a career. That does not mean it's necessarily the wrong career for you.

Sounds like what you've run into is a case of discrimination against women/mothers. Were you suspended because you had a baby? Or, if not for having a baby in and of itself, because you weren't able to keep up with the work as a result of having a baby?

I don't want to discount what Indeed I Dream said but I can't understand why s/he said you can't be good at teaching o_O ... Maybe saw aspects that I didn't, I just glanced through anyway.

I can see that you can actually. Your natal Mercury is at it's true home - 3H, house of communications. You could be good at writing (or any form of communication). And you couldn't possibly be a boring speaker too (Gemini Sun in 2H -- house of speech). Academically speaking, you have a 9H Capricorn, its ruler is a Sagitarrius Saturn, it could make you serious and successful (Saturn) in learning and teaching (Sagitarrius). Having Pisces Moon in 11H gives you the sentiments of a social reformer (no wonder why you're politically inclined maybe in a societal way). Plus, you have North Node in 11H too -- you'd feel getting involved in social causes is what you're destined to do, and you'd probably be successful with that.

Some more possibilities ...
• Moon trines Mercury
~ I get a hunch you could communicate your social causes very eloquently.

• Jupiter trines Saturn
~ You could integrate what you have learned to what you want to create (meaning your Vision) with ease.
~ Jupiter in 12H means you could be inspirational.

Quite a number of road signs point that you CAN be what you envisioned to be.
I know you said there's some health concerns but I think that won't stop you.
Give time to recuperate physically but don't give up on your dreams.
Uncontrollable time delays may have made you feel antsy but it won't entirely diminish your potential to achieve.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I waited so long to respond. I guess I tend to drop off the map. Haha. I do like to discuss history and politics a lot. In fact, I am constantly getting into debates with people!! I cant help myself. I am very much into social justice. Just the other day I was arguing with a coworker about slavery. And other people were cheering me on! Haha. i don't think I am right, per se, but I do expect people to back up what they say with some sort of evidence, and not of the anecdotal type.

People also find me funny. I am not sure if that has to do with the mercury mars placement or other aspects in my chart. I really enjoy trying to make people laugh. As a child i got into trouble for being a class clown. But, I do get into trouble, often, for what I say. Sometimes I am impulsive and unthinking. Other times I say things out of anger, and I have often pissed off countless family members for not pulling punches. That part I try to work on.

That is a great reason why you should trust your own experience over what someone tells you an an amateur astrologers' forum. Birth charts show a wide range of possibilities when it comes to career (or, really, to just about anything). Not all of them are going to be what you're interested in or able to pursue.

I haven't looked much into Chiron conjunct Sun, but there's a beautiful article here: https://astrobutterfly.com/2017/03/14/sun-conjunct-chiron-feed-the-hungry-horses/

It doesn't say anything about career. Probably because your Chiron placement has much more to do with your life as a whole than with what career you should pursue.

Someone somewhere on this forum once told me that a possible meaning of Chiron conjunct Jupiter is having your dreams dashed. I have Chiron conjunct Jupiter, and that has happened to me more than once. I wonder if Chiron conjunct Sun might play out in a similar way, which would be a greater obstacle to a career if you have dreams for a career. That does not mean it's necessarily the wrong career for you.

Sounds like what you've run into is a case of discrimination against women/mothers. Were you suspended because you had a baby? Or, if not for having a baby in and of itself, because you weren't able to keep up with the work as a result of having a baby?

I was suspended because my gpa fell below what was required due to the amount of incomplete I received. I was admitted to the hospital two weeks before the semester ended, and was unable to complete my work. I was on bed rest. I do not think it was discrimination, but more of a hapless situation. I am hoping to go back to school next year. I guess I have lost that 'loving feeling' for academia and am unsure of what to do. I want to continue, but it's just not the same anymore considering I am a mother and I have an autoimmune disease I acquired post-partum that constantly makes me tired.

As far as chiron conjunct the sun. A professional astrologer told me that this aspect tends to lend charisma to the native. Something, like, my pain or insecurity are what endear and draw others to me. She said this aspect is seen in charts of teachers and politicians.

Osamenor

Staff member
I was suspended because my gpa fell below what was required due to the amount of incomplete I received. I was admitted to the hospital two weeks before the semester ended, and was unable to complete my work. I was on bed rest. I do not think it was discrimination, but more of a hapless situation.

That is discrimination. The only reason you were unable to complete the work was complications due to pregnancy. Assuming you're in the US and your school receives federal funding in any way, shape, or form (all state universities, colleges, and community colleges do, and so do most private colleges and universities), they are required by law to excuse absences due to pregnancy, childbirth, or complications, and to allow you to make up any work missed and return at the same status you left. It's all in Title Nine:

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/dcl-know-rights-201306-title-ix.html

By suspending you for incompletes due to your pregnancy complications, they violated your legal rights.

kshantaram

Premium Member
taurus asc, creative-energetic, love of food-comforts,
aptitude for hotel managment, banking, etc,

asc venus over gemini first, charming looks, humorous, musical;

sun gemini 2nd brilliant, business-fin analyist,
highest deg, core personality; impressive speech;

moon 2nd highest deg 11th pisces factor for vocation,
gains from govt, psychology-teaching, women-mothers, dairying;
moon lord 3rd, gains from communications, writings, counseling roles;

mer-mars cancer 3rd, printing technlogy, mars debilated, suppressed anger;
mars elevated aspect over cap 9th, supportive of luck-edu-distant travels;