moon/ketu: ascetic life?

divine spark

if one has a moon/ketu conjunction, does that mean they should pursue a spiritual life of an ascetic? i have this combination with ruling planet mars placed in 9th house with jupiter.

i want to have a successful life, with a loving and lasting marriage, material comforts, plenty of adventure, significant artistic contribution, children... but also at the same time a spiritual outlook and a mental state as close to enlightenment as possible.

but should i give up on this? should i just renounce the material world? :/

september 28, 1984
20:08
milwaukee, wi

Sakti

Hello Devinespark,
to answer ur questions, first we have to analyze ur 7th house lord, 5th house lord, and two conjunctions, moon-ketu and jupiter-mars.

1.Ur 7th house lord is Venus. Venus is in own house(libra). This is a goog aspect.
But u have saturn in conjunction with venus. saturn is exalted in libra only upto 20deg. Unfortunately, ur saturn is approx 21deg in libra. So saturn is not exalted. One more thing is saturn is the lord of 10th & 11th houses for aries asc. 11th house lordship is not good. And natural malefic planets should not be present is 7th house. So this is reducing the good results of venus although the conjunction of venus and saturn is good.
Eventhough u marry or build up any relationship; it can't last for long time. Ur relationship will end -up in severe misunderstandings, fights, ego etc. Sometimes the relationship may end-up of unknown cause.
Am sorry to say this.......

2. Ur 5th house lord is Sun. Sun is in 6th house(house influencing diseases, ill-health). Its not good. If sun is under the influence of jupiter, might give good results. But NO........ eventhough u give birth to a child after marriage, u might suffer due to child's ill-health.

3. Conjunction of moon-ketu is called chandra-ketu yuti. My dear, am sorry to say that this combination is very bad. For suppose if moon and ketu are far apart, bad effects are reduced to some extent but ketu and moon and only 2deg apart. That means they are very close to each other. There are placed in 8th house. U will get disturbed psychologically. U might not have mental peace. U will have multiple thoughts in your mind and a lot of confusions. If am not wrong, sometimes u will get deeply involved in your thoughts that u might forget ur circumustances. Ketu is exalted in Scorpio. So u might be spiritual, ethical and morale. Sometimes u might get some vibrations or intuitions about ur future, or family members etc. U will be more emotional and sensitive. U can't tolerate even a small disturbance in ur life.
Since Lord of 8th, Mars is with Jupiter; u might be so soft, selfless and calm-going person. Jupiter is also related to spirituality.

These are the astrological predictions....... Am sorry if I hurt you.......
But if u r strong and stubborn at ur heart and confident in ur deeds u can achieve anything in ur life. From 2015 Ketu mahadasha starts. If u are so strong in ur opinion to get married, try before 2015. Becoz from 2015 chances of getting married will be reduced.

All the Best!!!!
May God bless U dear.....:smile:

regards,
Sakti

Virinchi

till date i haven't seen an Aries, Leo, Scorpio ascendant born leading ascetic life.
those lords dont allow person to slip away from regular life.

i didnt see your horoscope yet but chandra-ketu combo will only create mental seperation from materialism and also sometimes give dual nature (if in a dual sign) like you will be interested for a moment, then lose interest very next moment

dr. farr

From my perspective, I would compare indications from the D1 with indications from the D20 and from the D60, in attempting to make such an estimation.

VenusS

Saturn being with Venus, creating a Sasa yoga in 7th house. 10,11th ownership, thats the first class raaj yoga, although afflicts a life of a person for hhealth, but really.
See the dhana yoga it made, Saturn(11th lord) with Venus(2nd Lord) in Kendra. That's really good, strong yoga. And also a raja yoga, being trinal lord. 2 raja yogas are made, by oonly conjunction saturn and venus.
See the chart of Justin Timberlake. He has saturn/Venus in capricorn, and he's really handsom, saturn is the 8th lord but malefic kendrapati acts benefic, makes raaj yoga.
P.S : This is only, by reading above posts, saturn and venus, in kendra. Sorry didn't check your horoscope, fully.
Regards

Note
Were you born, away from your mother? She still lives with you?

divine spark

i was not born away from my mother. our relationship was very strained and upsetting beginning around my age 9 or 10 and did finally begin to heal when i reached about 25/26 years old. we dont get along perfectly now (but who does?) but things are very much improved and there has always been love. she does have some health issues but lives a good life.

...why would the marriage not be lasting? because of saturn? really, it loses its exaltation after 20 degrees? i have never read that but maybe that explains why my saturn return, beginning of sade sati, and current saturn antardasha have been rather lackluster. nothing has been happening for me lately but indecision, loneliness, depression. or because of ketu in 8th house?

i am afraid for my ketu mahadasha... i have had loss of psychological stability a few times in my life due to drugs and alcohol- panic attacks, confusion, paranoia, racing thoughts, etc. after months of mental torture i finally get a normal mental state. i have also had years on and off of depression, for various reasons: stress from mother/family, growing up with severe acne (it is not present anymore, or at least it is controllable with right care; in fact many people regard me as very beautiful, but i think i still carry some of the psychological pain and thought patterns of someone who feels unaccepted due to their appearance).

so with ketu md coming up, again, i am quite fearful. i know that its exaltation and lord with jupiter in 9th should help, but i am still afraid of untimely death, severe psychological breakdown, or some other extremely debilitating disease or accident. or complete loss of friendship network, family, unhappy marriage, and now i have to worry about suffering because of bad health of children.

divine spark

many people agree that saturn is exalted at 21 libra.... as saturn represents longevity i can only deduce ketu as the cause of a non-lasting relationship. so exalted ketu with debilitated moon in 8th is stronger than venus/saturn in libra in 7th?

divine spark

also, sometimes my intuition is very good, and i have had good luck (especially during this last jupiter antardasha, but then i obviously attribute most of that good luck to jupiter's benevolence and luck-bringing and not to ketu's intuitiveness) but i never really get psychic dreams or vibrations about my life or family or friends - only paranoid ideas that i can hear other people talking ill about me when i'm not around, or i become convinced that the person i am interested in having a relationship with is only using me or not really interested or would prefer someone else and is only waiting for things to work out with that other person. i am paranoid about an untimely death.

there have been times when a true and positive psychic connection seems to be there, but not really more than anyone else i know, and usually (not always) under the influence of marijuana. i dont use marijuana very often anymore as i know it contributes to the unsteadiness of my mind while pretending to be a coping mechanism. it can help deliver a lot of insight and creative thought, but i know that both of those are available to a substance-less (and also therefore non-fettered) mind.

Last edited:

Sakti

@Divinespark,
Ur moon is not debilitated. Moon is debilitated in scorpio only upto 3deg.
Ur moon is approx 7deg in scorpio.
Combination of venus & saturn u might have wealth, fame, precious stones etc but as per my knowledge not so good for marriage life. Natural malefic planets should be present in 7th house.
Don't get feared of untimely death becoz 8th house lord is with jupiter and jupiter is in own house. Nothing to fear like that. Just remove that thought from ur brain.
Be brave and stubborn. Things will be allright soon.
Since moon is not debilitated, don't be so scary of ketu dasha. Becoz there will be antardashas running in your ketu mahadasha. 7yrs of ketu won't be worst for u.
Foe example, u are having good planets like venus, mercury, jupiter..... During venus, mercury, jupiter antardashas in ketu mahadasha u will have better life.

Just be brave..........
All the best!

regards,
Sakti

Crystalpages

@Divinespark,
Ur moon is not debilitated. Moon is debilitated in scorpio only upto 3deg.
Ur moon is approx 7deg in scorpio.
Combination of venus & saturn u might have wealth, fame, precious stones etc but as per my knowledge not so good for marriage life. Natural malefic planets should be present in 7th house.
Don't get feared of untimely death becoz 8th house lord is with jupiter and jupiter is in own house. Nothing to fear like that. Just remove that thought from ur brain.
Be brave and stubborn. Things will be allright soon.
Since moon is not debilitated, don't be so scary of ketu dasha. Becoz there will be antardashas running in your ketu mahadasha. 7yrs of ketu won't be worst for u.
Foe example, u are having good planets like venus, mercury, jupiter..... During venus, mercury, jupiter antardashas in ketu mahadasha u will have better life.

Just be brave..........
All the best!

regards,
Sakti

Dear Sakti ji,

Please allow to intrude!

You seemed to imply that once moon has crossed 3 degrees, it suddenly is exonerated from neecha state and is not debilitated any more.

These degrees are given for the maximas and minimas. Deepest Debility and height of exaltation for planets. In the calculation of uchhabala, it is considered as a phasic event, just like moon's pakshas, if we use the analogy of amavasya and purnima as debility and exaltation. The intermediate positions on the phasic cycle is taken proportionately as an increasing and decreasing strength.

There are some interesting situations particularly for mercury which is exalted in a sign which is also its own sign as well as its moolatrikona. So, in its case, the uchhadi cycle gets mathematically by moola-trikonadi related quantities. There are other examples including moon which rules only one sign and hence the Sages assigned the first three degrees as uchha segment, then moolatrikona. The reduction (quantitatively) gets compensated. However, no such segmentation is given for neecha sign, vrischika. When considering the uchhabala, it is understandable that moon at the end of scorpio will be stronger than a moon at 3 degrees (trough), but still pretty weak on that count (neechabala rupas).

That said, from a bala (strength) point of view, it is often observed that a planet may be in neecha rashi but gains strength due to other shadbala factors and ends up being fairly strong, whereas a planet though exalted loses points on other factors and ends up being weak.

So to be on safe side, it is useful to still consider the moon beyond 3d scorpio as still in neecha rashi, but gradually gaining in strength degree after degree but still could benefit from neecha-bhanga cancellation factors!

Thanks and regards,

Rohiniranjan

Sakti

Dear Sakti ji,

Please allow to intrude!

You seemed to imply that once moon has crossed 3 degrees, it suddenly is exonerated from neecha state and is not debilitated any more.

These degrees are given for the maximas and minimas. Deepest Debility and height of exaltation for planets. In the calculation of uchhabala, it is considered as a phasic event, just like moon's pakshas, if we use the analogy of amavasya and purnima as debility and exaltation. The intermediate positions on the phasic cycle is taken proportionately as an increasing and decreasing strength.

There are some interesting situations particularly for mercury which is exalted in a sign which is also its own sign as well as its moolatrikona. So, in its case, the uchhadi cycle gets mathematically by moola-trikonadi related quantities. There are other examples including moon which rules only one sign and hence the Sages assigned the first three degrees as uchha segment, then moolatrikona. The reduction (quantitatively) gets compensated. However, no such segmentation is given for neecha sign, vrischika. When considering the uchhabala, it is understandable that moon at the end of scorpio will be stronger than a moon at 3 degrees (trough), but still pretty weak on that count (neechabala rupas).

That said, from a bala (strength) point of view, it is often observed that a planet may be in neecha rashi but gains strength due to other shadbala factors and ends up being fairly strong, whereas a planet though exalted loses points on other factors and ends up being weak.

So to be on safe side, it is useful to still consider the moon beyond 3d scorpio as still in neecha rashi, but gradually gaining in strength degree after degree but still could benefit from neecha-bhanga cancellation factors!

Thanks and regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjan ji!
I am having the following table with me. So I have predicted as per this table. And also I have checked the debilitation of Moon with one of the softwares available with me where It showed that moon is not debilitated.

Planet----Exaltation---------Debilitation-----Mooltrikona
The Sun-----Aries 10º----------Libra 10º ------Leo 0º-20º
The Moon---Taurus 3º- ------- Scorpio 3º------Taurus 4º-20º
Mars--------Capricorn 28º------Cancer 28º-----Aries 0º-12º
Mercury-----Virgo 15º----------Pisces 15º------Virgo 16º-20º
Jupiter------Cancer 5º---------Capricorn 5º----Sagittarius 0º-10º
Venus------ Pisces 27º---------Virgo 27º-------Libra 0º-15º
Saturn------Libra 20º----------Aries 20º--------Aquarius 0º-20º

Ji I might be wrong. According to the information provided by you, Moon is still debilitated. I don't observe any neechabanga raja yoga for moon in this chart. Moon is not even beneficial in navamsa. Moon is in 12th house in navamsa.
I think native must be very careful during ketu maha dasha.

Rohiniranja ji! I will be thankful to you for the information provided. This information will be very useful for my future predictions as well........

One kind request: Please don't call me 'Sakti ji'. Call me by my name 'Sakti'. Am younger to you ji! And I will always treat you as one of my Gurus(Teachers). I need ur blessings....:happy:

thanks and regards,
Sakti

Crystalpages

Dear Sakti,

I too don't like this "ji" sambodhan (almost sounds like the tail of Shikhi-Ketu ji?) too fondly and good that you drew me to your reality which has been my reality too for a few decades!

I do not use tables! What I was sharing was based on BPHS. You may not agree to what Parashara ji (He is ancient and so far has not given me freedom to call him by first name without the 'ji' suffix!) stated but though he never said where jyotish-reality ended, he did lay down certain fundamental terms, such as the paltry matter of exaltation and debilitation and so on which we need not to make much hay about! Or improvise without solid grounds and examples, etc...?

What you choose to follow is not really bothersome to me, but when I or anyone new or old chooses to disagree, we all must be given a chance to speak, if Jyotish in modern times must remain democratic and thriving on oxygen?

As we all seem to be? Free and free to share...?

Or why else are we here? Same old same old??

Rohiniranjan

Last edited:

divine spark

well, to be honest i am not too worried about the exaltation/debilitation degree discrepancy.

im worried about moon/ketu in 8th house with a 12th house navamsa moon. i do fear the approaching ketu MD. but rather than focus on fear, i want to focus on how to make the best out of what ive got. that's why i proposed the possible path of an ascetic or nun, when really what i want is to find my true love and create a long and beautiful life together. i realize moon/ketu is very "bad" - but if i can transcend this and turn it into something good - i want to know that this is possible. i am just wondering if anyone out there believes that could happen. i feel ambitious to do great things and be a great person in this life. but if i need to just settle and learn to find peace in not having the life i want, i want to know this now. also if there is truly a very difficult period that is coming in ketu MD, i also want to know now and in what capacity so that i can either try to circumvent, prevent, take specific types of precautions, come to acceptance, etc. otherwise i am wasting my time and energy.

really i just do feel pulled in many directions and need help funneling my energy into my highest purpose, whatever place i can offer the best energy to the world around me, to help people feel good, feel the presence of god, and like theyre not alone.

Crystalpages

well, to be honest i am not too worried about the exaltation/debilitation degree discrepancy.

im worried about moon/ketu in 8th house with a 12th house navamsa moon. i do fear the approaching ketu MD. but rather than focus on fear, i want to focus on how to make the best out of what ive got. that's why i proposed the possible path of an ascetic or nun, when really what i want is to find my true love and create a long and beautiful life together. i realize moon/ketu is very "bad" - but if i can transcend this and turn it into something good - i want to know that this is possible. i am just wondering if anyone out there believes that could happen. i feel ambitious to do great things and be a great person in this life. but if i need to just settle and learn to find peace in not having the life i want, i want to know this now. also if there is truly a very difficult period that is coming in ketu MD, i also want to know now and in what capacity so that i can either try to circumvent, prevent, take specific types of precautions, come to acceptance, etc. otherwise i am wasting my time and energy.

really i just do feel pulled in many directions and need help funneling my energy into my highest purpose, whatever place i can offer the best energy to the world around me, to help people feel good, feel the presence of god, and like theyre not alone.

As soon as you stop trying to seek and expect and receive, something interesting begins to happen! You open up, and the Universe begins to GIVE, which then you gratefully receive and give back.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Sakti

Dear Sakti,

I too don't like this "ji" sambodhan (almost sounds like the tail of Shikhi-Ketu ji?) too fondly and good that you drew me to your reality which has been my reality too for a few decades!

I do not use tables! What I was sharing was based on BPHS. You may not agree to what Parashara ji (He is ancient and so far has not given me freedom to call him by first name without the 'ji' suffix!) stated but though he never said where jyotish-reality ended, he did lay down certain fundamental terms, such as the paltry matter of exaltation and debilitation and so on which we need not to make much hay about! Or improvise without solid grounds and examples, etc...?

What you choose to follow is not really bothersome to me, but when I or anyone new or old chooses to disagree, we all must be given a chance to speak, if Jyotish in modern times must remain democratic and thriving on oxygen?

As we all seem to be? Free and free to share...?

Or why else are we here? Same old same old??

Rohiniranjan

:happy:
Rohiniranjan ji!
U r right! I think I must improve my knowledge in this particular field(deg, exaltation, debilitation, mooltrikona etc). Even I follow Brihatparasara Hora Sastra. It is something like prescribed text book(like in universities:wink:) for astrology in our house.
And Ofcourse ji, I greatly respect Sri Parasara maharshi.
And yeah! Jyothisha Sastra must remain democratic:rightful:

thanks & regards,
Sakti

Sakti

Dear Divinespark,
Just forget about rahu, ketu, moon, mars etc. Forget about astrology!
Remember one thing, if u r having firm determinations in your heart; even the supreme power in this world can't disturb u. Don't worry about coming MDs.
U said u r ambitious to do great things and become great person....
Carry on dear. Ur good will and wisdom definitely makes u successful. Astrology should be considered only to some extent. Rest u have to believe in urself.
I wish one day u would definitely be successful.
Am sorry if am out of the topic!
All the best!:smile:

Crystalpages

Dear Sakti,

Astrology is like an ocean, vast and diverse. And now it has so many newer systems, approaches that got added to it, or shall we say evolved or became clearer. Please don't feel discouraged by the fact that even those who are privileged to do jyotish 24/7 (as if that is even possible!) tend to forget so many things as they move along their path. We all tend to forget things at times, and sometimes the texts are cryptic and pithy and we do not understand and even misunderstand. After all we all are human. Hence, forums such as this come in handy where we each can help remind our fellow peers if someone has a view or understanding different from ours. We all are connected by our love for jyotish and so the little thing that my different understanding might have caused you to re-think about this matter, does not make me a teacher or guru, something that I am not. There are many others who are way more capable in assuming that responsibility I am sure.

In the chart we are looking at in this thread, moon is not only in sign of debility and still pretty close to the peak of debility, though on the rising phase (moving towards exaltation, kind of like early shukla paksh), but also turns out to be fairly strong overall in shadbala. Additionally it is in the 8th house, in rahu-ketu axis. It is a matter of concern, naturally but please note that the lord of its exaltation house venus is fairly strong. It is in its mooltrikon and in kendra from lagna, and reasonably strong and associated with saturn in exaltation. This represents a strong cancellation of debility.

Note too that saturn is the strongest planet in shadbala. Furthermore, the dispositor of moon, mars is placed in the ninth (trine) with a somewhat weak jupiter (SB). Moon is thus stabilized but we would still need to consider that it is moving towards the sun and so is on the decline in paksh-bala. The individual has experienced (or will) phases of emotional vulnerabilities, deep-seated doubts and wavering. Had jupiter been stronger the leanings towards spirituality etc would have been of a higher order, but an infatuation or leaning towards occultism and the feeling of an awareness of matters that are not simply materialistic, worldly. From 2041 onwards and more so from 2047 onwards, when he would have crossed 56-57 years of age, his perceptions about spiritual matters would have matured and would unfold then. Until then it is time for preparation and maturation of the spirit. His sense of self and importance of worldly experiences would change over the next 7 years or so. A notable thing is that fourth house contains gulika, its lord is debilitated (with fortification) and chara matrikaraka (jupiter) is placed in 9th but has some inherent weaknesses. In D12 and D9 too, the fourth has some interesting features, but now I am drifting from the main theme and so will stop there. There are argalas, AV (particularily venus BV and prasthara which are relevant here).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Sakti

Yeah! Thank you Rohiniranjan ji!
This is the first and foremost thing to be observed to check neechabhanga which I missed out:pouty:
Well, somewhat disappointing! But paved a good path to deliver precise predictions.
Thank you ji!

And now dear divine spark,
Here is a good news for you! Hope you will be happy now.:happy:
All the best!

regards,
Sakti

Crystalpages

On this TEERTH-YAATRA as we elders embark upon, we meet many friends and co-travellers and other adventurers?

As we endure them as we did other earlier friends we continue to learn?

Love light, Simplly Reality?

Rohiniranjan