Comparison of fate vs free will in traditional astrology vs modern astrology

moonkat235

Yes and you can consider it as a linear time-bound but fate has the power to correct the course in an individual's life and also the world at large. Yes journey may be left to an individual but the destination will be the same.

Alright well I have to leave and go to work. I have a different perspective in that I don't believe most humans exercise free will. I'd say the vast majority of all of humanity lives within the confines of fate and the absence of the exercise of free will for their whole existence. I'll think on another way to explain this perspective, since it seems to be too theoretical and big-picture oriented for more orthodox minds.

lostinstars

One more step on the digressive path. You are a fan of Jordan Peterson, or at the very least take his views seriously. I'm sure you aware of the OCEAN personality test since he has popularized it. If you have taken it, what are your scores on it? What is your opinion on his view that what really happens in politics is that people are "arguing temperament"? Our respective temperaments may also determine which part of the spectrum we reside on the free will vs. fate problem.

I have not heard about it. I like his views on certain things and seen many videos on youtube. He explains things clearly.

david starling

Agree but everyone has a choice to either get influenced and follow or reject it. That is why law exists and should exist to protect individual's rights so that they don't get coerced by fundamentalisits or anyone else.

How can everyone have a "choice" if all important decisions are preordained, and not subject to one's free will?

SunConjunctUranus

There is no pure fate in astrology. Anyone could change their birth chart with talisman, mantra, incineration, gemstone, etc. However, while I personally respect other's rites, but Almighty Lord Christ have been offering to all of us a way instead, which is the Eucharist rite.

Moses' children still exist all over the World though, while the Pharaoh become a museum artifact. So, the fate is in accordance to the Almighty Lord.

david starling

Yes and you can consider it as a linear time-bound but fate has the power to correct the course in an individual's life and also the world at large. Yes journey may be left to an individual but the destination will be the same.

In linear time, it's a journey from the cradle to the grave. Any thoughts about an afterlife, or reincarnation?

lostinstars

In linear time, it's a journey from the cradle to the grave. Any thoughts about an afterlife, or reincarnation?

Of course there is afterlife and reincarnation but humans have enough to worry about their present lives. Once you are satisfied with life may be it will help to look into your past and the future.

lostinstars

There is no pure fate in astrology. Anyone could change their birth chart with talisman, mantra, incineration, gemstone, etc. However, while I personally respect other's rites, but Almighty Lord Christ have been offering to all of us a way instead, which is the Eucharist rite.

Moses' children still exist all over the World though, while the Pharaoh become a museum artifact. So, the fate is in accordance to the Almighty Lord.

Fate is providence whichever religion you follow, it does not matter.

david starling

Of course there is afterlife and reincarnation but humans have enough to worry about their present lives. Once you are satisfied with life may be it will help to look into your past and the future.

So, what's this "journey" versus final "destination" about? You're saying the journey is subject to free-will, but the destination--what sort of destination is entirely independent of differences in the chosen path? Reminds me of the saying, "If you don't know where you're going, you'll be sure to get there." :lol:

Opal

Premium Member
fate
/fāt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.
"fate decided his course for him"
synonyms: destiny, providence, God's will, nemesis, kismet, astral influence, the stars, what is written in the stars, one's lot in life; predestination, predetermination; chance, luck, serendipity, fortuity, fortune, hazard, Lady Luck, Dame Fortune; karma; archaicdole, cup, heritage
"I was ready for whatever fate had in store for me"
GREEK & ROMAN MYTHOLOGY
three goddesses who presided over the birth and life of humans. Each person's destiny was thought of as a thread spun, measured, and cut by the three Fates, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.
synonyms: the weird sisters; the Parcae; the Moirai; the Norns
"the Fates might decide that it was his time to die"
verb
be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way.
"the regime was fated to end badly"
synonyms: be predestined, be preordained, be foreordained, be destined, be meant, be doomed, be foredoomed, be cursed, be damned; be sure, be certain, be bound, be guaranteed; be inevitable, be inescapable, be ineluctable
"his daughter was fated to face the same problem"

My usage was that of the verb.

ardentika

So question is.... Who makes up the fate? Who sits in the sky and writes people's lives and destinies. I'd like to speak to their manager. Hahah

No but seriously. This question is for the fate supporters ,I'm just curious.

JUPITERASC

So, what's this "journey" versus final "destination" about?
You're saying the journey is subject to free-will, but the destination
--what sort of destination
is entirely independent of differences in the chosen path?
Reminds me of the saying,
"If you don't know where you're going, you'll be sure to get there." :lol:
consider the ancient saying that "life" is "a journey"
"whose destination is independent of differences in the chosen path" :smile:

JUPITERASC

So question is
.... Who makes up the fate?
Who sits in the sky and writes people's lives and destinies.
I'd like to speak to their manager. Hahah
No but seriously.
This question is for the fate supporters ,
I'm just curious.
Siriusly, consider that your curiousity is fated :smile:

SunConjunctUranus

[deleted quote of attacking comment and response to attacking comment - Moderator]

Why it's fate for you to buy gemstone? Is it really beyond your control to buy a gemstone?

If you can't control how to stop purchasing it than I would gladly help you to feed your emotion, mind, and intelligence.

But it is fate that I buy it......:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: