Synastry Overlays vs aspects?

GemGirl

Hey there astrologers,

So I was wondering what people's take is when reading synastry charts. I've been doing some research and there are a few astrologers that say the house placements in a synastry chart will affect the overall compatibility more so than the aspects. Anybody care to share their view??? I am currently reading my chart with a potential romantic interest and wondering what the houses mean and if they're more important to consider when looking at our synastry?

He has many planets touching my 11th house so does this mean we will just be good friends?

His Moon in my 8th house
My moon in his 3rd house
His Venus in my 10th house
My Venus in his 1st house

My Mars in his 8th house
His Mars in my 2nd house
His Neptune in my 8th house
My Pluto in his 5th house

astro-charts.com/chart/synastry/6d5cb163chttp://

AJ Astrology

While awaiting the chart, both aspects and house placements are important, as are signs.

^This.^

I've been doing some research and there are a few astrologers that say the house placements in a synastry chart will affect the overall compatibility more so than the aspects.

Hi GemGirl,

That's not entirely true.

Do you realize none of the bodies you listed are relevant?

Understand I'm a traditional astrologer, so the outer bodies aren't relevant, but that doesn't matter, because unless there's a huge age difference, the outers are in the same signs.

The key is where Sun is located. Ideally, you want Sun in H1, H5 or H7.

If I would characterize that, I would call it "true love."

That's not to say that Sun in H10 is not love, it certainly is love, but it's love of a person's power, position, social standing, career, etc.

Look at the charts of O J Simpson and Nicole Brown. It's not that Nicole didn't love OJ, she did, but she loved the fact that he was a celebrity, star athlete, actor (see Towering Inferno) and wealthy.

Where the Sun is in the chart will tell you what that person really wants from you.

H2/H4 Suns are after your money, possessions, property, etc. Again, it's not that they don't love you, it's that those things are more important.

Be wary of H6/H12 Suns. That usually indicates domination and control in a way that is very unhealthy for you, and depending on other chart factors may end violently for you.

H3/H9 Suns, that's like they're in love with the idea of being in love with you. That's not necessarily an evil thing but it's not good either, because they'll idolize and idealize you, and neither of those are good.

H8 Sun, yeah, well, sex is good. For them, maybe not for you.

I don't want to down-play the importance of Moon in the chart.

Moon will tell you where they are, I don't know, where they find emotional security, or what they're emotionally fixated on.

So, you have a H1, H5 or H7 Sun and H2 Moon, that tells you that they're fixated on financial security. And, no, you don't have to be obscenely filthy rich. You can be dirt poor. It is the stability, a steady job, steady income, shelter, food, clothing, providing for the family, that kind of thing.

As you might expect, you want to see lots of sextiles and trines. Squares and oppositions aren't always all bad, but it could create some friction. Sometimes people work it out, sometimes not.

GemGirl

While awaiting the chart, both aspects and house placements are important, as are signs.

Hi Elena - Yes I thought that there must be a balance of some sort between the both but have seen a lot of astrologers on youtube talking up the house aspects as being more of an influence???

I have tried to upload the synastry chart between me and the guy in question and wondered if you could shed some light on the house aspects? As I guess I was fishing for something that would explain the attraction here as there are not so good aspects such as Sun Sq Moon, Moon opp Mars etc.

Anyway I'll hit the submit button and hope that I've been able to upload the synastry chart with hope to hear some feedback.

Thankyou kindly,

horoscope-synastry-chart8-700__astroseek-16-6-1969_15-32_p_4-9-1969_18-50-1.jpg

GemGirl

^This.

Hi GemGirl,

That's not entirely true.

Do you realize none of the bodies you listed are relevant?

Understand I'm a traditional astrologer, so the outer bodies aren't relevant, but that doesn't matter, because unless there's a huge age difference, the outers are in the same signs.

The key is where Sun is located. Ideally, you want Sun in H1, H5 or H7.

If I would characterize that, I would call it "true love."

That's not to say that Sun in H10 is not love, it certainly is love, but it's love of a person's power, position, social standing, career, etc.

Look at the charts of O J Simpson and Nicole Brown. It's not that Nicole didn't love OJ, she did, but she loved the fact that he was a celebrity, star athlete, actor (see Towering Inferno) and wealthy.

Where the Sun is in the chart will tell you what that person really wants from you.

H2/H4 Suns are after your money, possessions, property, etc. Again, it's not that they don't love you, it's that those things are more important.

Be wary of H6/H12 Suns. That usually indicates domination and control in a way that is very unhealthy for you, and depending on other chart factors may end violently for you.

H3/H9 Suns, that's like they're in love with the idea of being in love with you. That's not necessarily an evil thing but it's not good either, because they'll idolize and idealize you, and neither of those are good.

H8 Sun, yeah, well, sex is good. For them, maybe not for you.

I don't want to down-play the importance of Moon in the chart.

Moon will tell you where they are, I don't know, where they find emotional security, or what they're emotionally fixated on.

So, you have a H1, H5 or H7 Sun and H2 Moon, that tells you that they're fixated on financial security. And, no, you don't have to be obscenely filthy rich. You can be dirt poor. It is the stability, a steady job, steady income, shelter, food, clothing, providing for the family, that kind of thing.

As you might expect, you want to see lots of sextiles and trines. Squares and oppositions aren't always all bad, but it could create some friction. Sometimes people work it out, sometimes not.

Hi there AJ,

No I didn't know that the bodies I listed aren't relevant. So to be clear are you saying that the only relevant houses to consider are 1,5 & 7 if the Sun and Moon are placed in there?

The guy of interest has his Sun in my 11H & Moon in my 8H. Both my Sun & Moon fall in his 3H. I wonder what this would mean??? And we don't have any planets in the 7H at all. However a short composite chart I did said we did. so I'm confused???

We have no Moon-Moon aspects & our Sun-Moon is square. We do have his Moon opp my Mars & some soft Moon aspects but I square his Moon with Mercury, Mars & he squares mine with his Sun & Uranus. If you care to take a look at our synastry chart maybe you can shed some further light on this area??? It would be much appreciated. I am a newbie to charts yet feel I am getting a better understanding with seeking more information and advice/opinions.

I did however get lost in the houses thinking they had more weight in a relationship and felt like I was building greater knowledge now I'm back to square one lol

I've attached our chart here if you felt inclined to share some feedback.

Thankyou,

Devi

horoscope-synastry-chart8-700__astroseek-16-6-1969_15-32_p_4-9-1969_18-50-1.jpg

ElenaJ

The house positions are important, but to say they are the most important consideration is really stretching things.
Your friend has a pisces descendent, co-ruled by jupiter, and your jupiter is conjunct his ascendent, and this is very important to bring you together and bind. In addition, your descendent in gemini is reinforced by your mercury in conjunction, so you seek a mercurial-type of partner, and your friend's ascendent is mercury-ruled virgo. Another bind.
But you can't just base the evaluation on this, there is so much more to be considered, including aspects between the personal planets above all, and then the outer planets.
The contact between the planets will show the energy that is exchanged, the signs and aspect give an idea as to how it is exchanged, and the house in what area of life.
You have to put it all together.

GemGirl

The house positions are important, but to say they are the most important consideration is really stretching things.
Your friend has a pisces descendent, co-ruled by jupiter, and your jupiter is conjunct his ascendent, and this is very important to bring you together and bind. In addition, your descendent in gemini is reinforced by your mercury in conjunction, so you seek a mercurial-type of partner, and your friend's ascendent is mercury-ruled virgo. Another bind.
But you can't just base the evaluation on this, there is so much more to be considered, including aspects between the personal planets above all, and then the outer planets.
The contact between the planets will show the energy that is exchanged, the signs and aspect give an idea as to how it is exchanged, and the house in what area of life.
You have to put it all together.

Dear Elena,

Thankyou for your feedback and explanations on reading synastry. It seems there is a whole lot that I am missing when it comes to figuring out the charts. I certainly do feel the mercurial aspect between us as we vibe together like crazy chatty teenagers and I like that. He makes me laugh. I would however like to understand the deeper pull towards this guy as there is an undeniable physical(might I say sexual) attraction that really is a mystery to me as he is not someone I'd usually even look side-ways at in a potential partner. If you are unavailable could you recommend a good astrologer who could do a detailed explanation of our synastry/connection??? I am willing to pay to get an understanding of what might be going on here for us. A recommendation is always helpful as there are so many sites out there to choose from. I think by reading our charts I could also get a better insight into what it entails to read a synastry chart myself. Any help/recommendations would be really helpful. I'm like a mad professor obsessed trying to work out the equation to a life altering formula over here. Any help is very much appreciated.
The novice
Devi :happy:

ElenaJ

The mercurial contact is strong. The ascendent/descendent contacts manifest themselves in a physical attraction, each sees their self and their needs reflected in the other. There is a Venus/mars trine that promises sexual attraction and compatibility.
There is however an important Venus/saturn theme between the two of you, a Venus/saturn conjunction, and a Venus/saturn square. While this can bring a certain stability to your feelings for each other, it can also lead over time to a restrained and cool physical contact.
If you check the astro.com site you can find several astrologers you might want to contact for in-depth professional analysis.

GemGirl

The mercurial contact is strong. The ascendent/descendent contacts manifest themselves in a physical attraction, each sees their self and their needs reflected in the other. There is a Venus/mars trine that promises sexual attraction and compatibility.
There is however an important Venus/saturn theme between the two of you, a Venus/saturn conjunction, and a Venus/saturn square. While this can bring a certain stability to your feelings for each other, it can also lead over time to a restrained and cool physical contact.
If you check the astro.com site you can find several astrologers you might want to contact for in-depth professional analysis.

Thankyou ElenaJ for all your advice & feedback. I will get onto astro.com and see what they say about our synastry as I'm very interested to see in the details of this strong connection we have with eachother.