I have a question!

MSO

Can't seem to find this online anywhere... So here goes:

Assuming Chiron and the points (AC, MC) are viable positions to aspect in a chart, try this on for size:

Grand Cross and two Grand Trines!

Or, if you'd like to remove Chiron but keep the points, then you're still looking at a T-Square and a Grand Trine.

Any thoughts on how you'd interpret a Grand Cross and two Grand Trines in the same chart?

I'm not seeing any other patterns... but I've never been one for recognizing shapes too well.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_john.69031.7061.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_john.69031.7061.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 39

pudinnpop

:happy:Thanks Olivia,thats another kewl thing i can remeber when trying to figure out influences in a chart.I like neat lil tricks:biggrin:

MSO

Aspect lines make me dizzy and I don't use Chiron, but here's what I'd suggest, and it ought to work with any planets, points, asteroids. or anything you consider worthy of making an aspect.

Separate out the aspects into applying and separating. Look at the separating aspects as things that happened before you were born - not past life, just the circumstances you were born into, and the things that affected your life intimately. For example, maybe your mother was assaulted just before you were born, and you've got a separating Moon-Mars square, or your father was laid off just before you were born and money was a huge issue and you've got a separating Saturn-Sun square. (Just examples, you need to look at your chart and your life to see what matches what.)

Then you notice that you've got an applying Mercury - Venus sextile, and you had the opportunity to study music really young, and you loved it.

That sort of thing. It's really easier to break it down piece by piece, into what you were born into, and what happened after you were born, than to try and make sense of it in one go all in one big lump.

Hope this helps -
Liv

If you weren't completely wrong, I'd say you were very wise :)

Hmm quick question. I'm assuming the points would be considered faster than even the moon, seeing as to how they change daily (this is not including things like the Nodes). So if the Moon was 2 degrees (that is, 28 degrees through house 9) behind the mid heaven, would that be considered applying?

And if what I gather from all this is right, you're saying the separating aspects of the T-square and Grand Trine are the weaker points, and the approaching ones are the stronger (or harsher ones).. Should I look to those first for improvement?

MSO

Take the points (Ascendant, Descendant, MC, IC) as not moving. Things move towards them or away from them, but they don't move themselves.

It sounds a bit weird, but that's how it's done - a point doesn't cast light, it can't aspect anything - it can only BE aspected by something that does cast light - like a luminary or a planet. Asteroids don't really cast light, either, but if you're going to use them, then they fall into the moving category and would also aspect points.

As to which aspects in your chart are stronger, I don't know, because I don't know your chart. The general rule is applying aspects are stronger, but something profound could be in the separating aspects as well.

That's for you to decide.

But you should probably ignore this post, because we know I'm always wrong :p

Would you consider an exact (less than one degree) aspect to a point something meaningful? And then in my example, it would be the Moon approaching the MC then? I'm thoroughly confused on this.

If the MC is 17 degrees, and the Venus is 18 degrees, is the Venus applying to the MC? Since in ~4 minutes the MC would be 17, if I"m not mistaken.

Edit: Oh, on top of that, if the faster planet is retrograde, but one degree away in a forward motion, would that still make it approaching?

Example: Mars 6 degrees, Neptune 7 degrees, Mars is retrograde though. Oh, assuming this is a square aspect.

Last edited:

Mark

I hate to intrude (okay, no I don't), but this applying/separating concept seems to be backwards to the logic of progressions and transits. If we say that progressions and transits work, then approaching (applying) aspects will be formed in the future and separating aspects were formed in the past. Is there a clear reason to flip the direction?

MSO

I hate to intrude (okay, no I don't), but this applying/separating concept seems to be backwards to the logic of progressions and transits. If we say that progressions and transits work, then approaching (applying) aspects will be formed in the future and separating aspects were formed in the past. Is there a clear reason to flip the direction?

Huh? Approaching aspects are formed in the future.. they're approaching, they've yet to form the exact aspect.

I honestly can't see how it would interfere with transits (I have no idea how progressions work).

MSO

I personally don't, even though I've got a couple (or would if I used outer planets in my work) and a mystic rectangle or something like that in my chart. I've also read hundreds of birth charts and found no rhyme nor reason to call one a grand trine. another a grand cross, and yet another a Thor's Hammer. It feels cookie-cutter, and doesn't give me any useful information.

But that's me. You may find it has great significance for you, and if it does, you should pursue it.

Well it does cause some problems, but I doubt its because it makes a special shape or anything :whistling:

I just wanted to be cool with a Grand Cross and double Grand Trine :D

You are correct. I was reading too quickly and need rest. My apologies for any disruption.

No problem bro. No such thing as a stupid question! :cool:

dhundhun

I think, this will help in analyzing chart
============================

#1. Chiron is heavily aspected in chart, so it can't be ignored. Treat it as an active point.

#2. Having said so, there is a clear Grand Square: Mars, Chiron, Sun and Neptune.

#3. On the Same Lines, there is a kite, Moon, Chiron and Pluto with Neptune as apex.

#4. Venus is not well connected

#5. Despite, Neptune at apex of kite, Mars is more powerful than Neptune.

Last edited:

MSO

I think, this will help in analyzing chart
============================

#1. Chiron is heavily aspected in chart, so it can't be ignored. Treat it as an active point.

#2. Having said so, there is a clear Grand Square: Mars, Chiron, Sun and Neptune.

#3. On the Same Lines, there is a kite, Moon, Chiron and Pluto with Neptune as apex.

#4. Venus is not well connected

#5. Despite, Neptune at apex of kite, Mars is more powerful than Neptune.

Thank you for your input!

1. Active point it is!
2. And what is YOUR take on the Grand Square, if I may ask?
3. Same question, just with Kite.
4. This I'm interested in. Does this indicate a lack of strengths because Venus doesn't touch much?
5. Ohhh explain?

I'm very curious about everything :rightful: