Dispositor

estrella

If, when we're talking about dispositors, we are talking about the ruler of the sign on the cusp of houses that "disposes" of any planets located in that house-I don't put much stock in it. For example, Saturn in a house ruled by the Sun would would be influenced to display it's more sun-like qualities.

I think that planets in houses exhibit more direct influence than the dispositor could alter. Of course aspects to both would have to be looked at. Personally, I just haven't felt the need to deal with dispositors.

natasa812

icestar said:
I wonder how combustion work in natal astrology, since it applies to personality rather than the state of some person or situation as in horary. My Pluto is also 'combust' for being conjunct the Sun. However i think in most natal intepretatons, it just means that the planet has it's energies fused with that of the Sun, thus for me I'm even more Scorpionic and Plutonian. It thus can be good or bad since conjunctions are stressful and forceful aspects.
On the other hand, Jupiter is also key in my chart as it is the only planet that occupies the bottom of my chart. It's a singleton and forms the handle of a Fan pattern (or bucket). Many sources state the importance of singletons as key to understanding the chart, so i feel perhaps it has equal footing with the final dispositors of a chart. For me, it is in Aries and disposits directly to Mars, my final dispositor if I were to use traditional rulerships. I take it to mean that a large part of my life/personality is eventually focused or directed towards Martian or Plutonic energies since the chain of disposition can be seen as a transfer of the influences.

Thank you for your answer. I feel the same thing but I can not explain it astrologicaly since it lookes like I am over optimistic and over enthusiastic all the time like the combustion does not even exist - it is what you said - like the energy of the planet is unified with the energy and the position of the Sun. It did not make my Jupiter any ``weaker``...
Best r
Natasa

natasa812

estrella said:
If, when we're talking about dispositors, we are talking about the ruler of the sign on the cusp of houses that "disposes" of any planets located in that house-I don't put much stock in it. For example, Saturn in a house ruled by the Sun would would be influenced to display it's more sun-like qualities.

I think that planets in houses exhibit more direct influence than the dispositor could alter. Of course aspects to both would have to be looked at. Personally, I just haven't felt the need to deal with dispositors.

I must agree. I did not quite understand the purpose of the final dispositor of the natal. It rules the whole chart or just gives us the ``direction`` of the chart or whatever.
Best r
Natasa

icestar

estrella said:

That's why we put emphasis on final dispositors, not any dispositor. The final dispositor can be a sole planet and if so it should be significant, since it is the only planet in its own sign.

you know it

I have seen the importance of dispositors in my chart. Or the lack of a final dispositor in my chart. It reinforces the lack of focus/confusion :confused: I have had in my life. Here is the traditional dispositor tree for my chart:

Saturn <--------> Moon
Saturn <-------- Mercury
Saturn <-------- Venus
Venus <-------- Pluto
Mercury <-------- Mars
Mars <-------- Jupiter
Mars <-------- Chiron
Mars <-------- Uranus
Jupiter <-------- Neptune
Jupiter <-------- Sun

Here is my modern dispositor tree:

Venus <-----> Pluto <-----> Uranus <-----> Venus
Uranus <----- Mercury
Uranus <----- Moon
Moon <----- Saturn
Mercury <----- Mars
Mars <----- Jupiter
Mars <----- Chiron
Jupiter <----- Neptune
Neptune <----- Sun

Last edited:
I don't have a final dispositor just Sun in Pisces, Jupiter in Leo, and Neptune in Sagittarius doing a little three way Jig together. I guess they reinforce each other in some way.

joffrey-segment3.jpg

hermetic

Shining Ray said:
I don't have a final dispositor just Sun in Pisces, Jupiter in Leo, and Neptune in Sagittarius doing a little three way Jig together. I guess they reinforce each other in some way.

joffrey-segment3.jpg

:p nice visuals.

My final dispositor is Venus, that is in mutual reception with Mercury. So that makes two of them? :confused:
But Venus is in Fall and aflicted and Mercury is peregrine, retrograde and unaspected so neither of them is powerful I guess. It figures:rolleyes:

Hi Hermetic,

My dispositors are not all perfect. Sun in Water 7th house, less about individuality. Jupiter in Leo my most fiery planet, is closest the M.C. elevated Jupiter in 11th. Neptune in 4th exalted, but challenged. My chart ruler Mercury is in fall.

My life kind of circles round in the three houses represented by those planets in mutual reception.

Claire19

What is a dispositer?

Here is the meaning from my book.

How would you work out if you had a final dispositor. Is a dispositor just another name for ruling planet of the sign on the cusp. And what use is it to find a final dispositor if you have one. How would you use it in Astrology.

Since the last couple of months I have only started learning all these new terms in Astrology. I only used to do very basic Astrology at home. But when I am reading Astrology articles on the net and they use all these terms, I haven't a clue how to work them into Astrology.

Shining Ray
I wouldnt worry too much about final dispositors. The strength of the individual planet is what matters. You can get caught up in all sorts of terminology and that gets confusing.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Sorry, but I disagree.
The planet that *disposits* a planet is very important, because it is the planet that *controls* the planet in question. Say if my mercury is in Libra, it is disposited by Venus. So venus becomes boss of my communications...
In Traditional astrology, Lord of the Geniture (Boss of the chart) is worked out by following the dispositors through.
eg..to contine my example: merc in Lib disposits to Venus.My venus is in a Mars sign so to Mars, my mars is in Cap so to Saturn.You go around the chart like that.
http://www.frankstar.com/rulership.htm

There's a link that may interest you.
Cheers
Lilly

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Oh I LOVE when I figure something out! lol.

Sun in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Moon in Aries (ruled by Mars)
Mercury in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Venus in Cancer (ruled by Moon)
Mars in Pisces (ruled by Jupiter)
Jupiter in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Saturn in Scorpio (ruled by Mars)
Uranus in Leo (ruled by Sun)
Neptune in Libra (ruled by Venus)
Pluto in Leo (ruled by Sun)

Sun is disposited by Mercury
Moon is disposited by Mars
Mercury is disposited by Mercury
Venus is disposited by Moon
Mars is disposited by Jupiter
Jupiter is disposited by Mercury
Saturn is disposited by Mars
Uranus is disposited by Sun
Neptune is disposited by Venus
Pluto is disposited by Sun

Sun --> Mercury
Moon --> Mars
Mercury --> Mercury
Venus --> Moon
Mars --> Jupiter
Jupiter --> Mercury
Saturn --> Mars
Uranus --> Sun
Neptune --> Venus
Pluto --> Sun

4) Sort the list in step 3 by dispositor:

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Venus --> Moon
Mars --> Jupiter
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Neptune --> Venus

5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.):

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

OK, I lost it here and must be too tired to figure it out....either that or since transiting Saturn is RIGHT on my Mercury today I have no brains. lol. I'll have to come back to this later. Dang it~!

wilsontc

Staff member
Dispositor chain, to Amy

Amy,

You said:
5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.):

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings

You're almost there! :) I'll get you started:

Sun - Sun --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Sun is disposited by Mercury, and Mercury is disposited by Mercury. End of the "chain".

Moon - Moon --> Mars, Mars --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Now I leave the rest to you!

Giving a push,

Tim

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Re: Dispositor chain, to Amy

Originally Posted by Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

Amy,

You said:

You're almost there! :) I'll get you started:

Sun - Sun --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Sun is disposited by Mercury, and Mercury is disposited by Mercury. End of the "chain".

Moon - Moon --> Mars, Mars --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Now I leave the rest to you!

Giving a push,

Tim

OK, Saturn is still on my Mercury but I'll give it a whirl. I think what confused me was your writing Sun - Sun and I couldn't figure out why it was written twice....Now I think I see that you just listed each first and then went from there carrying it thru so lemme see:

Mercury - Mercury is deposited by Mercury. End of the chain.

Venus - Venus deposited by the Moon. Moon --> Mars --> Jupiter --> Mercury, (That's what happens when you have 3 planets in Virgo. lol.)

Mars - Mars is deposited by Jupiter --> Mercury.

Jupiter - Jupiter is deposited by Mercury.

All things lead to Mercury with me! So thank God it's exalted tho temporarily restrained by transiting Saturn.

Now what about houses? Astro.com has a depositor graph and it mentions houses but it was Greek to me last night.

Thanks Tim~ :sideways:

twoelevens

Pluto-3
Jupiter- 3
Venus-1
Mars-1
Mercury-1
Saturn-1

Pluto- Pluto -> Pluto
Jupiter - Mercury -> Pluto, Pluto -> Pluto
Venus - Venus -> Venus
Mars - Mars -> Mars
Mercury - Pluto -> Pluto, Pluto -> Pluto
Saturn - Jupiter -> Mercury, Mercury -> Pluto

Three Final Dispositors - Pluto, Venus, Mars

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Where+Is+Your+Final+Dispositor%3F-a01074002540
^according to the website, I'd say those traits and characteristics are rather general... very broad. :pouty:
But I can't say I don't fit 'em. :wink:

Attachments

• astro_b2sig_01_benjamin_hp.13882.10452.gif
    astro_b2sig_01_benjamin_hp.13882.10452.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Riles

Unless I did this wrong, I have a final dispositor (Venus):

sun in scorpio (pluto and mars)
moon in taurus (venus)
mercury in scorpio (pluto and mars)
venus in libra (venus)
mars in sagittarius (jupiter)
jupiter in libra (venus)
saturn in libra (venus)
uranus in scorpio (pluto and mars)
neptune in sagittarius (jupiter)
pluto in libra (venus)

sun disposited by pluto and mars
moon disposited by venus
mercury disposited by pluto and mars
venus disposited by venus
mars disposited by jupiter
jupiter disposited by venus
saturn disposited by venus
uranus disposited by pluto and mars
neptune disposited by jupiter
pluto disposited by venus

moon ---> venus
venus ---> venus
jupiter ---> venus
saturn ---> venus
pluto ---> venus
sun ---> pluto and mars
mercury ---> pluto and mars
uranus ---> pluto and mars
mars ---> jupiter
neptune ---> jupiter

Venus - 5
Pluto - 3
Mars - 3
Jupiter - 2

Venus - Venus--->Venus
Pluto - Pluto--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Moon - Moon--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Jupiter - Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Saturn - Saturn--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Sun (a) - Sun--->Pluto, Pluto--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Sun (b) - Sun--->Mars, Mars--->Jupiter, Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Mercury (a) - Mercury--->Pluto, Pluto--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Mercury (b) - Mercury--->Mars, Mars--->Jupiter, Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Uranus (a) - Uranus--->Pluto, Pluto--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Uranus (b) - Uranus--->Mars, Mars--->Jupiter, Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Mars - Mars--->Jupiter, Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus
Neptune - Neptune--->Jupiter, Jupiter--->Venus, Venus--->Venus

I also have a final dispositor in the houses (Mars - but I'm not sure of the significance of this):

sun 12th neptune
moon 6th mercury
mercury 12th neptune
venus 11th uranus
mars 1st mars
jupiter 11th uranus
saturn 11th uranus
uranus 12th neptune
neptune 1st mars
pluto 11th uranus

sun - neptune
moon - mercury
mercury - neptune
venus - uranus
mars - mars
jupiter - uranus
saturn - uranus
uranus - neptune
neptune - mars
pluto - uranus

uranus - 4
neptune - 3
mars - 2
mercury - 1

sun: sun-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
moon: moon-merc, merc-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
merc: merc-nap, nep-mars, mars-mars
venus: ven-uran, uran-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
mars: mars-mars
jup: jup-uran, uran-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
sat: sat-uran, uran-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
uran: uran-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars
nep: nep-mars, mars-mars
plu: plu-uran, uran-nep, nep-mars, mars-mars

Last edited:

Moog

My final dispositor appears to be Venus, how interesting.

And I read this as Venus being the 'boss' of all the other planets in my chart? Gonna have to read up on this.

Last edited:

Riles

My final dispositor appears to be Venus, how interesting.

And I read this as Venus being the 'boss' of all the other planets in my chart? Gonna have to read up on this.
I've been trying to read up on it, myself, but have only found bare snippets here and there. If you find any good websites specifically about Venus as the final dispositor, could you post links in here? Thanks!

Riles

Sure thing, Moog.

Here's what I have, so far:

http://www.therealastrology.com/ask-kevin/classical-astrology/111-sole-or-final-dispositor.html

Radu's first post in this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916

http://books.google.com/books?id=n_ZZLQ2k0qwC&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=astrology+venus+final+dispositor&source=bl&ots=UC_HgGYo1J&sig=SFCHNAXQozoQGCSjrwgS_hRfz0o&hl=en&ei=bZonTsa0C8iBtgeirMy7Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ6AEwADgU#v=onepage&q=astrology%20venus%20final%20dispositor&f=false

Moog - Is your Venus in Taurus or Libra? My final dispositor Venus is in Libra in the 11th House (I'm still working on how to really interpret this). Oh, heads up about some websites out there...they're using the "final dispositor" terminology even where there are multiple dispositors, so it can be misleading.