Chiron in Gemini & Virgo and the Age of Communication?

vannasan

Arguably we are in the age of aquarius - inventions, vast improvements in technology, science, swift communication. I wanted to focus on the communication side of this, and possibly the effects of chiron(?).
I'm so amazed that communication has become so much easier, and yet there are so many complaints about communication lacking in relationships (spousal, parent-child, workplace, etc). Relationships 'back in the day' had better communication. I know there are a lot of factors, but I was looking at Chiron in Gemini recently and wondered if this had anything to do with it.
Chiron, the wounded healer, shows both where we can heal, but also where we may be most wounded. It works a bit like the outer planets and stays in each sign for a few years (it's elliptical orbit). In the signs of communication (Gemini & Virgo - ruled by mercury) could these be the generations where communication skills are most 'wounded'?
Chiron in Gemini : 1984 - 1988 - roughly
Chiron in Virgo : 1994 & 1995
Chiron in Aquarius : 2005 - 2010 (maybe affecting the technlogy of communication)
*Zuckerberg (has chiron in Gemini) created facebook just before chiron entered aquarius..

These are all the myspace and facebook generation of people with tonnes of 'friends', status updates, and comment, but there is always complaints about their lack of proper communication. So while the chiron can show how we can most affect communication and make it better, can it also be the reason why communcation is also lacking?

Thoughts please. Especially if you have a better astrological ideas for this disconnect :)