I have an out-going chart, but why am I so shy?

It's so baffling to see my chart ... because I am a Leo Sun, Aries Moon, with Mars conjunct my Ascendant. So I'm SUPPOSED to be very out-going, right? Yet, I am one of the shyiest and quietest kids in class.

Ever since I was little, I remembered being made fun of by people and even ridiculed by teachers just because I was shy. People are always asking me why I'm so quiet or why don't I ever say a word. One of my teachers even thought I was "mute", because I barely ever spoke. Well ... it's because I have an extreme case of social-anxiety, so it's very hard for me to converse with random people that I don't know. Even walking through crowded places makes me nervous, which is highly unusual for a Leo like me, because I'm supposed to LIKE being in the spotlight.

But when I look at my own chart, I don't see anything that points to shyness or quietness. In fact I should be very out-going, according to my natal chart. But I'm like the complete opposite of out-going, which makes me confused!

In the Placidis system, I have the Sun in the 11th house. But when I did a little research, I discovered a house system called the "Whole Sign Houses", and found out that my Sun is in the 12th house in that particular system. So maybe that could be why? I feel that the 12th describes me better ... A LOT better. Every single thing I read about the 12th house Sun fits me to a T, it could get so creepy. Yes ... I'm shy, I'm quiet, I'm a loner, I am a "private" person, and I like being in my own world.

The Whole Sign house system is definitely more accurate for me than the Placidis system, IMHO.

Chart in Placidis system:

1.jpg

Chart in Whole Signs:

2.jpg

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
It's so baffling to see my chart ... because I am a Leo Sun, Aries Moon, with Mars conjunct my Ascendant. So I'm SUPPOSED to be very out-going, right? Yet, I am one of the shyiest and quietest kids in class.

Ever since I was little, I remembered being made fun of by people and even ridiculed by teachers just because I was shy. People are always asking me why I'm so quiet or why don't I ever say a word. One of my teachers even thought I was "mute", because I never EVER talk. Well ... it's because I have an extreme case of social-anxiety, so it's very hard for me to converse with random people that I don't know. Even walking through crowded places makes me nervous, which is highly unusual for a Leo like me, because I'm supposed to LIKE being in the spotlight.

But when I look at my own chart, I don't see anything that points to shyness or quietness. In fact I should be very out-going, according to my natal chart. But I'm like the complete opposite of out-going, which makes me confused!

In the Placidis system, I have the Sun in the 11th house. But when I did a little research, I found a house system called the "Whole Sign Houses", and found out that my Sun is in the 12th house in that particular system. So maybe that could be why? I feel that the 12th describes me better ... A LOT better. Every single thing I read about the 12th house Sun fits me to a T, it could get so creepy. Yes ... I'm shy, I'm quiet, I'm a loner, I am a "private" person, and I like being in my own world.

The Whole Sign house system is definitely more accurate for me than the Placidis system, IMHO.

Chart in Placidis system:

View attachment 27290

Chart in Whole Signs:

View attachment 27291

I'm still pretty new, but I'd take a look at that Moon in Aries. It's without any dignity (peregrine) and completely out of sect (above the horizon in a day chart, and in a masculine sign.) To me, this means that your moon is really uncomfortable in most situations. With Sun in 12th whole sign (I prefer this system too) but still in domicile, as well as closer the the MC, I think a little bit of...not so much shy as reserved, or waiting to see before putting it out there. Hopefully someone else will have more astro-experienced comments to add.

Moog

I would also look to the lights as the issue here. Neither are in a good place. The Sun in particular in the 12th is not good for 'putting yourself out there'.

retinoid

Hello the signs are the LEAST important...they are more important in telling the strength of the planets and perhaps how they will act with the aspects and houses...

The sun in the 12th dampens the light of the sun (same with the 8th)...the sun is the ego and is the 'HERE I AM' planet...so you will not be so much like this.

Moon in the 8th house is not such a great place for this planet. Perhaps depression causes issues in friendships or withdrawal causes issues in friendships. Moon is definitely AFFLICTED...Intuition will come and go but won't be consistent due to weakness. You may actually like to be by yourself...seclusion is how you deal with emotional issues.

Love will come late after some heart breaks. But it will come. Venus promises that...

You will have interesting creative pursuits and will have flashes of inspiration. Your moods could harm these feelings though. You should avoid gambling.

Money should be pretty good in your future...there may be some sort of inheritance or money could come through real estate in some manner.

Being a teacher in certain subjects or writing or drawing are things that you may do for a career or fun...playing sports, creativity, playing with children and romance are all things that will help you when you feel down and will help your overall afflictions in your chart.

Anachiel

Maybe you are not shy. Perhaps you are just more thoughtful and intelligent than the rest of the quacking ducks-in-a-row around you. What I mean by that is, most leaders or leader-like people do not "fit-in" with the herd. Of course not, they are not interested or part of the herd. They are meant to direct, lead or amass it in some way.

Perhaps you have latent leadership abilities of some sort.

I have seen many Martial types. They are not "outgoing". They are direct, to the point and really do not care for the crowd unless they have some role to mould it in some way or a job that requires they do so.

Although natal astrology is not my forte, yet looking at your chart, I do think you are mistaking yourself as "shy" for some other, more latent and worthy assessment of yourself.

Anachiel

Oh, plus that Moon oppose Jupiter gives you a broader view than most people have. You can take in and assess the scene while most people are just interested in being part of it. Most people mistake this as being shy or conceited.

Face it, you have a unique world view or view of the world. Most people don't have that.

Maybe you are not shy. Perhaps you are just more thoughtful and intelligent than the rest of the quacking ducks-in-a-row around you. What I mean by that is, most leaders or leader-like people do not "fit-in" with the herd. Of course not, they are not interested or part of the herd. They are meant to direct, lead or amass it in some way.

Perhaps you have latent leadership abilities of some sort.

I have seen many Martial types. They are not "outgoing". They are direct, to the point and really do not care for the crowd unless they have some role to mould it in some way or a job that requires they do so.

Although natal astrology is not my forte, yet looking at your chart, I do think you are mistaking yourself as "shy" for some other, more latent and worthy assessment of yourself.

Fine, maybe I won't say I'm shy. But more like the "strong quiet type" of guy I suppose ... and maybe a little aggressive if provoked. :wink:

Cuz my mom said I was a very naughty boy when I was little. She said I would yell, hit, and break things when I didn't got my way, and rip off all my clothes when I got angry. Lol. But as I got older, I don't act like that any more ... weird!

So I probably have some "latent" aggressive tendencies too.

StillOne

I think the reason you're shy is that your Mercury is in Cancer. This makes your mental nature quite sensitive and can be prone to withdraw. Your thinking is more of a feeling nature here in this position. Also considering Mercury is in the 11th house, it will affect your social relations.

Mercury also gets that opposition to Neptune/Uranus... and is part of the base of a tight Yod with Saturn at the apex.

I'd say you can glean a lot of insight by simply just studying the aspects between your planets in your chart.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Love2Know

I have sun 12th whole signs and I am not shy nor reserved. In modern I am sun 11th and it fits more for me so I dunno........

Anachiel

Cuz my mom said I was a very naughty boy when I was little. She said I would yell, hit, and break things when I didn't got my way, and rip off all my clothes when I got angry. Lol. But as I got older, I don't act like that any more ... weird!

LOL! Yep, that's very Martial of you, all right!

Guess you learned to control your "super-powers" more as you matured :)

So, maybe power is something you need to define and look at; personal power and how you express your power in the world.

Kannon

No, a 12th house Sun position does not explain this discrepancy. Shy, quiet, loner, a 'private' person is not a complete or correct interpretation of a 12th house Sun. There are many, many extroverts or public people whose birth charts have Sun in the 12th.

The most common answer to this type of discrepancy between personality and chart picture is that the Asc figure is not correct. Most charts cast with recorded birth time are at least several degrees off. Most likely you have an earlier degree Virgo Asc opposite Saturn, but I have no way of knowing since you have scrubbed your chart image of the data that would allow me to answer your question with more definitive information.

If you would like to send me a private message containing your birth data I will check out the Asc possibilities and keep your info to myself. The recorded time of birth is only a starting place for determining the exact correct Asc, which is esoteric astrologically, but exoteric physically - observable in how one acts and is.

No, a 12th house Sun position does not explain this discrepancy. Shy, quiet, loner, a 'private' person is not a complete or correct interpretation of a 12th house Sun. There are many, many extroverts or public people whose birth charts have Sun in the 12th.

The most common answer to this type of discrepancy between personality and chart picture is that the Asc figure is not correct. Most charts cast with recorded birth time are at least several degrees off. Most likely you have an earlier degree Virgo Asc opposite Saturn, but I have no way of knowing since you have scrubbed your chart image of the data that would allow me to answer your question with more definitive information.

If you would like to send me a private message containing your birth data I will check out the Asc possibilities and keep your info to myself. The recorded time of birth is only a starting place for determining the exact correct Asc, which is esoteric astrologically, but exoteric physically - observable in how one acts and is.

Kannon, I'm 100% sure that my time of birth is accurate. Because I was born at 09:29 AM, and since the number wasn't rounded off, it's considered to be a very precise time.

Anyways, if there's nothing in my chart that says I'm shy, then I'm just gonna go with how I was brought up and raised. As a child, I was constantly bullied in school, especially in elementary and middle school. So this could be a major contribution to my shyness.

From what I've learned, environmental factors also plays a role to your personality. Not just Astrology. The alignment of your astrological planets are just merely "background influences" to you, in other words, the kind of potential and certain traits you're more likely to have. Hence the saying, "The stars do not repel, they impel." ... whatever that means.

So according to my chart, I'm supposed to be a very assertive and out-going person, but the fact that I was constantly bullied in school had hindered/suppressed those innate traits of mine, so now I grew up to be a shy individual. Oh yeah, and I also have social anxiety, so that is yet another contribution to the shyness.

Jai Kishen

ur chart only shows the potential , u still have to do the work ....
i think may be u lack exposure ?

P.S: get into an public speaking class at the end of it u might have chances to turn up as a charmer ..

Kannon

Kannon, I'm 100% sure that my time of birth is accurate. Because I was born at 09:29 AM, and since the number wasn't rounded off, it's considered to be a very precise time.

I've just offered you the chance to verify the degree. If you don't want to take advantage of my free offer, that's up to you.

tsmall

Premium Member
I've just offered you the chance to verify the degree. If you don't want to take advantage of my free offer, that's up to you.

In the last couple of days this member's threads have been replied to 5 or 6 times. I just wanted to point out that this poster was banned. :whistling:

Oxana

Hey virgo rising! I have an outgoing chart too, stellium in leo,moon in sagitarius...but my rising at 29 degree in virgo and mercury in cancer,doing the same oppositions with uranus and neptune.I must say that i am extremely shy,anxious,and i have problems with talking when i meet new people,even if my sagitarian moon is in 3rd house.So i guess mercury in cancer opposes neptune and uranus...make us so shy ...i just wanted to say that i have the same aspects as you and same problems...strange mercury-neptune :(