I think I'm on to something...

capricorn6

Premium Member
I'm still learning how to read charts and trying to piece things together, starting with my own chart, based on things that have already happened and I think I may have finally realized something.

It has to do with my 5th and 9th houses. I'll attach my chart to show what I mean. I have Saturn at 27 degrees Aquarius in my 9th house. This, I understand forms a square with my Pluto at 27 degrees Scorpio in my fifth house. The ninth house rules foreign travel and dealings with foreigners, and the fifth house rules romantic relationships, if I remember correctly. So this (probably) predicts a relationship with a foreigner that ultimately ended... and this has happened to me.

Am I on to something or am I completely wrong?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I go by whole signs chart and I see Saturn in your 8th, not 9th. Read about 8th house Saturn...

capricorn6

Premium Member
"If you have Saturn in the 8th House, you are a hard worker who is patient and thrifty. You have the capacity for self-discipline and this strong discipline can cause you to deny yourself a social and/or sexual life in your quest for financial security. Transform this desire into seeking soul growth through understanding and wisdom, which can perhaps best be obtained through relating to others in partnership relationships. "For what does it profit a man to gain the entire world and lose his own soul?". There can also be issues concerning abuse, sex and power. A deep sense of hurt from the past may also be felt. Limitations, obstructions and problems may be experienced with inheritances, other people's money, one's sex life, taxes and insurance. Attitudes toward sex may cause difficulties. A strong sensual nature requires restraint" -http://astrolibrary.org/saturn-house.html#eighth

The part about inheritances and insurance looks right on target, as well as the parts about being hardworking and choosing financial security over being social. I don't think I'm very patient at all.

"If you have Saturn in the 9th House, your religious and philosophical beliefs are probably quite orthodox and traditional. You take these beliefs very seriously. Your concentration upon deep subjects is probably quite good. You may be intolerant and critical of others and their beliefs. You may question absolutes, God and religion in general. There may be difficulties connected with foreign travel or foreign cultures. Frustrations and delays can occur during long journeys. Take care not to deplete your energy to the point of exhaustion through over-concentration"

9th house Saturn sounds a little less accurate. My friends' religious beliefs vary A LOT. The only part that sounds true so far is the questioning of religion. I'm a Unitarian... I don't think that's too traditional. But then again, it's a branch of Christianity which, where I come from, is traditional. I'm planning to travel in Japan next year, so this is a little disappointing.

I will research more on both ways of reading charts, to see which one rings most true. Thanks for the advice :joyful:

M

may28gemini

I find that whole signs chart setup is far more accurate. To have 2 or 3 signs occupying a house (in Placidus) is really disturbing and confusing which leads to inaccurate readings. That's why a lot of modern astrology gets things wrong because they gloss over and axe out a lot of important structural foundation of astrology that was always given importance traditionally.

I have a friend who has 8th house Saturn (in Gemini). When his wife left him, it took him half a million to get rid of her. Saturn is responsibilities in whatever house he occupies. The 8th house is the house of the spouse. Just food for thought...

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hello Capricorn6,

I noticed a few thing in your chart. One is Saturn is in Rulership at the 27 degree of Aquarius. That particular degree is the one given by Alan Leo and Devours (sp) as the degree of Astrology. Saturn is also in the 9th house, the house also given to Astrology. Though Saturn restricts and limits it also provides focus and mastery and longevity. Being your Saturn is so strong... I am thinking it is usually the better attributes.

Your Moon is in an exact Trine to the 9th Saturn. This could show a foreign emotional attachment. You may find through life you will be attracted to such.

I think Pluto natal may cause some transformations interacting with Saturn, it is your Natal 7th house you need to notice and the transits. The 7th is the house of the spouse and you have all your personal planets placed there. You will find yourself through the partnerships with others. It may be uncomfortable to hear.... as your Cappy stuff is a cardinal leader, you will be most productive and happier in "supporting" another. Think of it as a manager behind the scenes. Jupiter in sextile to your Venus/Mars conjunction does again speak to a possible foreign partner. It also suggests that there will be financial gain with such a person.

Now the icky transits :( Pluto is transit the 7th house. At this time, a partnership may be difficult at the very least intense with self transformation and the understanding of your love life.... unfortunately, if ego is not kept out of the equation, there are sudden endings.

Transit Saturn is running back and forth on your Jupiter. There may be tests on monetary items. I guess we could stretch with foreign dealings. Definitely do not gamble at this time( as it is in the 5th). With Saturn there... If you are looking for children at this time, it may be denied.... or maybe worse, if you are NOT looking for kids... they may find a way to show up. Either way, expect Saturn to be involved.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
As a note, use what ever house system you are comfortable with using. Personally, I prefer to use Placidius for 30 years now and don't feel that the readings are inaccurate... if anything, I can study how an intercepted house works instead.

waybread

capricorn6, each planetary aspect has multiple interpretations, of which this one-- but only one. When you were a child, for example, you would have had a different way of manifesting it.

capricorn6

Premium Member
I find that whole signs chart setup is far more accurate. To have 2 or 3 signs occupying a house (in Placidus) is really disturbing and confusing which leads to inaccurate readings. That's why a lot of modern astrology gets things wrong because they gloss over and axe out a lot of important structural foundation of astrology that was always given importance traditionally.

I have a friend who has 8th house Saturn (in Gemini). When his wife left him, it took him half a million to get rid of her. Saturn is responsibilities in whatever house he occupies. The 8th house is the house of the spouse. Just food for thought...

I DID lend my fiancé money for college, so I guess having 8th house in Saturn does have something to do with that.

M

may28gemini

I'm not a professional astrologer, nor would I say I'm an astrologer but I was taught by a retired traditional astrologer for about a month before she retired into oblivion (which was exactly what she wanted) and if it's anything that I've learned from her, it's to always go back to the natal chart.

Saturn is extremely important to take note because where he lands, that's your heavy responsibility in this lifetime. Saturn can express himself a little easier in certain houses... such as the 3rd house (careful communication and making careful/calculated risks) or the 10th (slow and steady climb to achieve status and success). But Saturn landing in MOST houses can be devastating- esp. the non concrete houses such as 12th and 8th. As a matter of fact, traditionally, Saturn "joys" in the 12th (because he can do the MOST damage there) and is home in 8th house (house of long term responsibilities such as spouse and overall, loss) because Saturn is supposed to bring baggages and loss. ICK.

All I can say is be very judicious about money between you and your spouse. I have not seen a chart with 8th house Saturn (of any sign) that didn't have tremendous financial ties to their spouse.... even after divorce. As for my particular friend, it was his wife that brought about the divorce but she wreak so much havoc and made so many false claims and rang up so much drama... he was dipping into everything to just GET RID of her! At that point, he didn't even care if he had to go broke just to cut ties with her. And yet, things dragged on for a very long time...

capricorn6

Premium Member
I'm not a professional astrologer, nor would I say I'm an astrologer but I was taught by a retired traditional astrologer for about a month before she retired into oblivion (which was exactly what she wanted) and if it's anything that I've learned from her, it's to always go back to the natal chart.

Saturn is extremely important to take note because where he lands, that's your heavy responsibility in this lifetime. Saturn can express himself a little easier in certain houses... such as the 3rd house (careful communication and making careful/calculated risks) or the 10th (slow and steady climb to achieve status and success). But Saturn landing in MOST houses can be devastating- esp. the non concrete houses such as 12th and 8th. As a matter of fact, traditionally, Saturn "joys" in the 12th (because he can do the MOST damage there) and is home in 8th house (house of long term responsibilities such as spouse and overall, loss) because Saturn is supposed to bring baggages and loss. ICK.

All I can say is be very judicious about money between you and your spouse. I have not seen a chart with 8th house Saturn (of any sign) that didn't have tremendous financial ties to their spouse.... even after divorce. As for my particular friend, it was his wife that brought about the divorce but she wreak so much havoc and made so many false claims and rang up so much drama... he was dipping into everything to just GET RID of her! At that point, he didn't even care if he had to go broke just to cut ties with her. And yet, things dragged on for a very long time...

Huh. Interesting... Looks up I'm going to set up a prenup, haha. But seriously, I hope your friend is okay, now. My moon in the fourth house forms a trine with it, but Pluto in the fifth forms a square, so it might've ruined it for me.

aquarius7000

Hi,
....As a matter of fact, traditionally, Saturn "joys" in the 12th (because he can do the MOST damage there) and is home in 8th house (house of long term responsibilities such as spouse and overall, loss) because Saturn is supposed to bring baggages and loss....
Actually Saturn in the 12th house (and, for the same reason, Mars in the 6th house) can do the least damage, as the 12th and the 6th houses are cadent and thus take away the strength of the planets to perform and action. In case of Jupiter or Venus, etc, we would not want that to happen, as we would want them placed elsewhere and not in cadent houses, so they can perform. The Sun is an exception there, due to the 9th house being the most bright and elevated of the cadent houses, due to its association with Jup (the larger beenfic) and the house being the House of God, Divinity, Higher Learning and the Truth. In case of Saturn and Mars, both of which can get naughty, we would want them to be as dormant as possible, which is why they are placed in cadent houses.

A Saturn in the 1st house is much more actionable and strong and can directly meddle with the native's affairs/person-ality, as compared to a cadent Saturn.

:)AQ7

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

HAHAHAHAHAHA Saturn and Mars are naughty! Mars joy in 6th (and not 10th) makes a lot of sense to me because the 6th is about work and those who work under the native. Martian energy such a practical and productive house is funneling his energy in the most useful and non-destructive way. I've read that those with debilitated Mars in the 6th house actually hides or even lessens the negative effects. This is a great placement for Mars to not explode so much.

Although I know the "logic" behind the traditional assignment of making Saturn joy in the 12th, I personally think the 12th is a very rotten house as it's the house of unconsciousness. The 12th house dilutes consciousness and Saturn's purpose is to operate on a concrete level. The combo of a practical/realistic planet in the unconscious house is very icky to me and I see Saturn in the 12th house as doing more damage, despite it being a cadent house.

Of course, I have Saturn in the 1st house so anything in the 12th house would be suspicious and "evil" to me. I automatically do not trust anything, especial morality that do not originate in consciousness.

capricorn6

Premium Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA Saturn and Mars are naughty! Mars joy in 6th (and not 10th) makes a lot of sense to me because the 6th is about work and those who work under the native. Martian energy such a practical and productive house is funneling his energy in the most useful and non-destructive way. I've read that those with debilitated Mars in the 6th house actually hides or even lessens the negative effects. This is a great placement for Mars to not explode so much.

Although I know the "logic" behind the traditional assignment of making Saturn joy in the 12th, I personally think the 12th is a very rotten house as it's the house of unconsciousness. The 12th house dilutes consciousness and Saturn's purpose is to operate on a concrete level. The combo of a practical/realistic planet in the unconscious house is very icky to me and I see Saturn in the 12th house as doing more damage, despite it being a cadent house.

Of course, I have Saturn in the 1st house so anything in the 12th house would be suspicious and "evil" to me. I automatically do not trust anything, especial morality that do not originate in consciousness.

Hahaha! I can see why Saturn in 12th house sounds terrible. Sounds sort of like a reverse of Neptune in Capricorn (hey, wait, I have that. :pinched:) My fiancé says the 12th house is his favorite. But he's a Pisces, so I don't take him seriously, especially since I'm the one who tries to teach HIM about astrology. If only he knew how bad it was. I don't like the 12th house either. It creeps me out.

Right now, I'm really trying to learn about predictive astrology and two methods annoyed me. The first one was the progressive one. Exactly how does it work? So, since I was born on January 5th, and I'm 19, I have to look at January 24th? January 24th of WHAT YEAR? And how does just simply going to subsequent days help predict anything? I can't remember the name of the other method, but it was really similar to the progression method.

Transits makes a lot of sense to me, as do solar and lunar returns. Actually, I'm experiencing a lunar return, very soon. Just five more degrees...

mina23

Hey, hey...12th house is one of my "favorites" as well since its so mysterious, can have healing qualities, and can show off how evolved the soul is (depending on the aspects and if you believe in such things as karmic baggage...12th house planets can give insights on that). I have three 12th house planets all conjunct each other and Mars was the only muddled confusing one for me to come to terms with. I love looking into the subconscious and enjoy psychology very much! Along with dreams and spirituality/esoteric themes. It's probably because I'm pretty scorpionic and love anything that involves looking within hidden places to find answers/solutions...hence my 12th house isn't very scary to me.

Although, when Saturn was transiting Libra, it went through my entire 12th house and that was HORRID...lots of karmic issues, burdens, released suppressions, all that **** >.< (made me SO strong in the end though!)

Sorry just had to butt in with my point of view when I stumbled across this thread and saw these last 2 comments!
(I attempted to make a point of relevancy when considering progressions but I dont really like those things and also stick to Venus/Lunar/Solar returns + transits haha) My Venus return is on the 24th. I think I like it? o_O

BobZemco

I'm still learning how to read charts ...

Please sanitize your chart to remove personal information for your own safety and security....

I have Saturn at 27 degrees Aquarius in my 9th house.

And Aquarius is the 8th Sign, and 27° Aquarius is a Pitted Degree (meaning Saturn is looking at the world from the bottom of well).

So this (probably) predicts a relationship with a foreigner that ultimately ended...

Your Natal Chart is only display of the themes that will play out in your life.

capricorn6

Premium Member
Hey, hey...12th house is one of my "favorites" as well since its so mysterious, can have healing qualities, and can show off how evolved the soul is (depending on the aspects and if you believe in such things as karmic baggage...12th house planets can give insights on that). I have three 12th house planets all conjunct each other and Mars was the only muddled confusing one for me to come to terms with. I love looking into the subconscious and enjoy psychology very much! Along with dreams and spirituality/esoteric themes. It's probably because I'm pretty scorpionic and love anything that involves looking within hidden places to find answers/solutions...hence my 12th house isn't very scary to me.

Although, when Saturn was transiting Libra, it went through my entire 12th house and that was HORRID...lots of karmic issues, burdens, released suppressions, all that **** >.< (made me SO strong in the end though!)

Sorry just had to butt in with my point of view when I stumbled across this thread and saw these last 2 comments!
(I attempted to make a point of relevancy when considering progressions but I dont really like those things and also stick to Venus/Lunar/Solar returns + transits haha) My Venus return is on the 24th. I think I like it? o_O

Haha! It's okay. :biggrin: Different people like different houses. Come to think of it, I don't have a favorite house...

Thanks, Bob Zemco. I really like your advice (and I fixed my chart as well). Looks like traditional astrology is the way to go, not that I was ever against it.

I'm going to need books on predictive astrology once I get money...

JUPITERASC

Haha! It's okay. :biggrin: Different people like different houses. Come to think of it, I don't have a favorite house...

Thanks, Bob Zemco. I really like your advice (and I fixed my chart as well). Looks like traditional astrology is the way to go, not that I was ever against it.

I'm going to need books on predictive astrology once I get money..
QUOTE SOURCED FROM TRADITIONAL TEXTS AVAILABLE FREE ONLINE: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

textstitle.gif
wh.gif
There are five collections in this library.
  • The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments, or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works in older languages