Chef's Chart

capricorn6

Premium Member
For some reason, I suddenly thought about what would make a good chef in a chart. I looked it up in the search engine and didn't find anything, so I decided to start a thread. Are there any particular placements or aspects that would make a good chef (or a bad one...)?

capricorn6

Premium Member
You could look for Chefs in the astro-databank and dissect their charts.

I've looked at this forum: http://boards.elsaelsa.com/topic/what-makes-a-good-top-chef-the-astrology

It looks like great chefs tend to have a strong Taurus or Virgo influence, particularly stelliums in Virgo. Once I saw the post about Moon in Taurus, I thought "oh God, that's why my boyfriend's such a good cook..." Cancer, Scorpio and Sagittarius were talked about, as well, but the first three signs make the most sense.

I'm posting the charts of Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay and Rachael Ray here for comparison. All three have at least 3 planets in Virgo (you should see Ray's Virgo section, my goodness) as well as something in Scorpio and I think two or all of them had something in Taurus as well. Even though the times were unknown, it still gave a lot of information.

I've noticed that in all three charts there were a lot of (and I'm going to sound silly) "triangles". They're not grand trines, so I have no idea what to call them.

Attachments

• gordonramsay.gif
    gordonramsay.gif
    42.7 KB · Views: 58
  • bobbyflay.gif
    bobbyflay.gif
    42 KB · Views: 51
  • rachael ray.gif
    rachael ray.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 61

redrobin23

I have been wondering the same. What makes a good/ notable chef in a horary chart. And your absolutlely right, I've found little to no information online, but the info I did find says it has something to do with fire in your natal chart. I guess the more fire you have the more you can handle, like being burned, rushed, etc....

Maybe a Moon in fire..(Emotional and impulsive need to cook)
Venus in fire ( Loves to cook, Likes to bake)

There are thousands of combinations. We need to find the one that fits

If you can't take the heat, Stay the f@#$ out the kitchen lol

capricorn6

Premium Member
I have been wondering the same. What makes a good/ notable chef in a horary chart. And your absolutlely right, I've found little to no information online, but the info I did find says it has something to do with fire in your natal chart. I guess the more fire you have the more you can handle, like being burned, rushed, etc....

Maybe a Moon in fire..(Emotional and impulsive need to cook)
Venus in fire ( Loves to cook, Likes to bake)

There are thousands of combinations. We need to find the one that fits

If you can't take the heat, Stay the f@#$ out the kitchen lol

That rings true to me. My boyfriend has rising Leo and Venus in Aries. One of my best friends, who was also in the Culinary trade with me in high school has Aries Sun, Leo Rising and Leo Moon. She also has Mercury and Mars in Aries and she's a VERY good cook.

I'll ask my former culinary teacher for her chart information again. I looked it up before, but forgot it. All I remember is that she's Sagittarius sun and had some Aries influence.

Love2Know

Rachel ray isnt a great cook. I also hear pisces mooners can be readily found in professuonal kitchens... do not know the bases of this.. i found d bag bobby flay has a sag sun pisces moon.

JUPITERASC

Rachel ray isnt a great cook.
I also hear pisces mooners can be readily found in professuonal kitchens...
do not know the bases of this..
i found d bag bobby flay has a sag sun pisces moon.

WHAT MAKES COOKS AND CHEFS?
:smile:
discussion
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=547709#post547709
(Historical reference: Vedic astrology has given cooks and chefs to Venus since ancient times)

As one could consider cooking (professional chefs) an art form,
I also have considered Venus the likely prime significator for cooks and chefs
(also for skill in cooking even if not on a professional basis)

waybread

It's hard to find accurate birth times for chefs. I've looked at a lot of chefs' charts in an effort to get a better read on astrological Ceres. Interestingly, the best correlation I found was Ceres septile (360/7) a personal planet. Since Ceres was the ancient goddess of grain and agriculture, and the septile indicates a quality of inspiration and self-discipline, this makes sense.

But it's subtle.

Julia Child's chart at Astrodienst has a birth time posted.