Scorpio ASC in Solar Return, How to use it for better?

gemini59

Can you upload your chart? solar and natal?
Scorpio rising is a psychological sign and sometimes indicates endings as ruler of the 8th.
The question is what natal house is rising in the solar first?

barbh

Account Closed
My 2009 Solar Return had 29 Scorp rising. My converse Solar Return had late Scorp rising as well.

Nothing horrendous. Its just about letting go of old ingrained habits and belief systems that are holding you back. Well, Scorpio is on my natal 4th, so that makes sense for me. You probably already know what you need to leave behind, as you're probably already working on it. Consider it a rebirth year.

barbh

LittleMiss

Hi! I have a solar return this year with a lot of the same planetary placements as you do! Actually, we share all the same aspects you mentioned in the first part of your thread. I don't know if I can provide any advice, but I thought I atleast could share my experience, and how I interpret some of it, for my sake.

Well... Scorpio asc and Pluto in second house. It fits right in with me going through some tremendous personal changes.
I almost died last year from anorexia, which I'm still batteling. Having been a people-pleaser (virgo asc natally) all my life, this ascendant seems to fit me now. I think I'm supposed to set up bounderies and cut people out of my life that arn't serving me any good. Beeing more sellective to whom I use energy on...

The second house Pluto (same as natal) speaks to me about my self wurth, which obviously is of great importance always, and also this year - for me.
With Mars in 8th I think that I shall continue to use energy very much on the psychological level, dig further down into my own and my families past to uncover all the hidden stuff that have led to my illness. I think I should seek meaning and answer inside of me, insted of on the outside in the materialistic world. I interpret this also as my families psychological inherritance... Which has been a huge factor in my life, how I became the person I am. - Maybe also useing energy in the act of "letting go" leaving the past behind, get rid of old stuff....?

I also have Saturn conjunct MC which indicates that my worklife and my public-self will continue to be a place of restrictions and fear for me. I have social anxiety, and that is where I meet that anxiety the most. But I also focus alot of energy to overcome that, so I guess that would still be a place where I struggle and fight (hopfully to feel I succeed in the end). I have a three times a week job now, in a school (the solar return has sun and a whole lot of other planets in 3rd house) as a teachers assistent, which I'm very proud of!

I have in my chart sun conjunct jupiter, and I hope that's an indication for a superb year, where I really feel that I expand and can experience some moments of true happiness. I also think (hope!) this mean I will overcome my eatingdisorder (put on weight maybe also... which of course is something i both hope for and fear).

As barbh was saying - I'm happy to hear that solar return with Scorpio ascendant has not been years of horrendus experiences. I've read that I should expect deaths in my life and so on.... I would NOT want that... But letting go of old belifes, facing fears, changing habbits seems more appropriate, AND I would very much wish to start living again... also in terms of maybe having some sex, haha! :biggrin: I'll hope for the best!
I do NOT want a boyfriend, but don't see any indications of that in the chart either so...

And to surprise again: I think your interpretations about your book and Mercury in second house along with Pluto, opposite mars seems tangible! I wish you the best for your book! I say Go for it!

Oh I forgot, don't know how it means to you, but I intepreted the moon in the 9th, that I'm supposed to get my feelings a bit more "out there". That is also almost the same place as I have my natal ascendant, so I think that means beeing more true to my feelings and not beeing so afraid of "showing my moon" to other people... Don't know... maybe something about expanding the horizon too, interms of moon...? That somewhere else, than "home" can give you feelings of comfort, security and so one... Just guessing...

I have attached my chart if anyone cares to see it.

Attachments

• Solar return 2010.jpg
    Solar return 2010.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

LittleMiss

Thank you for that nice reply! :smile:

I haven't studied the asteroids so much, only just Chiron, maybe I'll look into them!
The eatingdisorder for me have been (is) a way to deal with my anxiety, try take control over my emotions... a very complex illness, which has been hard to get well from. (It actually occured to me today that I think Mars retrograd has held me back in my recovery because I have had a hard time motivating and taking the right steps to get well since that. But thats another topic!)

Yeah, keep us updated about how things are going! I will do the same!
- And If you find the time I'd love to hear more about how you feel your scorpio rising for this year!

I can really feel that I'm more critical and resentfull, which I think is good, because I've never questioned other peoples actions towards me before, and let myself be walked over in the past. And I can feel that I'm much more deep in my involvement with others. I can't stand superficialities in my friendships and dealing with others. I have a really hard time connecting with people I feel are fake and talking about unimportant things, or not connecting on that deeper level. Then I would rather be alone. Actually, I also am much more alone then I was before. Spending time in my own company, reading astrology, studing...

Yeah and one more thing, about the sex - I seem to be that way about boys too. Even though I would like some "action", I'm not interested in any kind of guy, it has to really feel right and I have to feel the lust and connection on a deeper level... So I'm turning people down and almost feeling scared because I'm rejecting both friends and possible romantic experiences... but... again, it has to feel right, deep, emotional.

Last edited:
This is my second year in a row with SR scorpio asc (I moved overseas this year). Last year was incredible. I had to make a really tough desicion about moving (pluto ruling my natal 4th)...and had to be a little bit ruthless (I knew moving would hurt some people-long story). It is all going well. I read that scorpio asc is great for physical healing and sex. Check, and check!

Rebel Uranian

LUCKY DOGS. I have a SR Cancer ascendant... But the Sun is with a stellium in the 8th and a Boomerang Yod of God to the Moon in the 2nd... :devil: