Beauty and attractiveness

conspiracy theorist

Do you personally think placements, aspects, signs can contribute?

Yes I do, although its not a personal line of inquiry that I've ever sat down and studied to any great degree - it doesn't interest me despite having some of the aspects that supposedly give attractiveness.

Some that were already mentioned were an angular Venus, Venusian signs dominant, "softer aspects", I've noted Venus-Jupiter prominently placed in the chart to be a marker of a very sought after person in the social sphere. Venus/Mars has been consistent enough with regard to animal magnetism/highly sexed, there are lustful signs that are more prone to sexual behaviours (these signs are Pisces, Aries, Leo, Taurus, Libra, Capricorn), Moon/Mars, Moon/Mars/Venus. Among others.

I've seen too much variability with the outers aspecting the personals to make any definitive statements regarding their impact on attractiveness. I don't have a love affair with Pluto, and experientially it doesn't automatically result in the " raw powerful sexiness" that I see it being attributed.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Yes I do, although its not a personal line of inquiry that I've ever sat down and studied to any great degree - it doesn't interest me despite having some of the aspects that supposedly give attractiveness.
I would say it's pretty pointless. I think bc of some of my Venus/ascendant hard aspects, I have a tendency to get too caught up in worrying about how attractive I am. If I was to get too caught up myself it would be solely out of soothing ny insecurities

conspiracy theorist

I would say it's pretty pointless. I think bc of some of my Venus/ascendant hard aspects, I have a tendency to get too caught up in worrying about how attractive I am. If I was to get too caught up myself it would be solely out of soothing ny insecurities

I think we can both agree that there are much more fruitful avenues of which to inquiry when it comes to astrology.

Somna7H

Banned
lol @ this "beauty is subjective" line everyone seems to spout. Aren't there examples of persons who are universally considered as attractive? Pleasing to the eye; beautiful?

If it's not subjective then why only percentage of girls attracted not all ?

If I'm an Ugly then no girls will like to see me. And if I'm beautiful then all girls will like me. But that's not the case here.
Why don't you check my planetery aspects,analyse my chart and rate my beauty and attractiveness ?

conspiracy theorist

If it's not subjective then why only percentage of girls attracted not all ?

If I'm an Ugly then no girls will like to see me. And if I'm beautiful then all girls will like me. But that's not the case here.
Why don't you check my planetery aspects,analyse my chart and rate my beauty and attractiveness ?

It's not a binary where beauty is totally objective or totally subjective. The fact that there is even a percentage of women who find you attractive should indicate that their are traits that a subset of women would go for - you have traits that are objectively attractive to some people.

If I'm an Ugly then no girls will like to see me. And if I'm beautiful then all girls will like me.
You knowing what every woman thinks of you is a stretch; your personal evaluation of your own attractiveness wouldn't necessarily hold water to someone else - because you trigger things in others that doesn't necessarily have to with how you *look* - Beauty vs. Attractiveness. The amount of "ugly" men who have women swooning over them is innumerable and common place enough to not come as a surprise.

I remember one time after leaving school a girl stopped me on the road by calling my name despite me never directly interacting with her ever. When I ask her how she knew me, she told me she kept a book where she listed all the guys she found attractive. Now, I would have never known that this girl even had a second thought about me save for glancing at me during school, yet here she came to tell me that she thought of me as "hot". This is an example of not knowing what is in the mind of others, and being surprised with what becomes apparent when they confess to you.

But that's not the case here.
?

No thanks.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Is charisma "beauty"? Is intensity "beauty"? Is wit "beauty"? Is graceful body movements "beauty"? Is a pleasant smell "beauty"? Yet all these things can trigger that hormonal reaction where someone becomes "turned on" by another - attracted.

Attractiveness is not the same as beauty. Was Hitler a "beautiful" man? Yet, a whole nation was willing to follow and die for him - he was very charismatic. Most wouldn't place him as particularly handsome. In the case of Hitler's chart he had Venusian signs prominent, as well as an angular Venus/Mars conjunction - standard attractive markers but not "beauty".

Abby83

lol @ this "beauty is subjective" line everyone seems to spout. Aren't there examples of persons who are universally considered as attractive? Pleasing to the eye; beautiful?

Why you personally find someone attractive might have less to do with how they look, and more to do with various other things that are personal markers of significance to you: how they make you "feel", how they move, their smell, and even how open they seem to you/your advancements (there is evidence that shows that who you find attractive may have more to do with how available they are in their verbal/bodily cues than how necessarily " beautiful/hot" they are.

I remember back in high school when the boys used to gather around and rate the best looking girls that their were a few names that made it consistently at the top/near top of the lists. The personal factor came in where some had different girls at the top, sure, but most agreed that there are some girls who most see as universally attractive.

The gist: Beauty isn't that subjective or else their wouldn't be persons who are seen as universally beautiful, and what one personally finds attractive goes beyond the beauty of the object of desire.

ETA: If I didn't make it clear, I'm differentiating beauty separate from attractiveness - two different things in my mind.

So then where is beauty in a chart?

In a few of my posts I mentioned I've known ppl with Venus in Pisces who were very unattractive... YET, I find rihanna and Penelope Cruz to be two very beautiful women with Venus in Pisces.

I know what you mean about guys gathering around and picking the hot girls. When I studied fitness a guy told it I made it in the top three hottest girls. I was half flattered and half disgusted at the same time. I said what defines hot? He said fit and slim, feminine, curvy, hair. Hmmm, interesting.

Somna7H

Banned
True. This is why I agree with another poster in saying that attractiveness involves aspects with Venus, Pluto, mars, Neptune and asc.

Totally disagree.
I'm myself the proof here.
Venus Trine both Pluto and Mars.
Venus opposition with Neptune.
Venus Semisextile Asc.

My Chart:http://imgur.com/Mx4j80n

Somna7H

Banned
So then what makes an attractive person? I'm baffled.

I'm confused because some previous post saying than Beauty and attractiveness totally different. :andy:
I don't know if an ugly person can be attractive or not.
I least I don't attracted to ugly.

Abby83

Well one thing I can agree on is Venus in aspect to ascendant. My son has Venus in Libra trine his ascendant and he's a stunner. I get professionals of all sorts telling me he's a very good looking boy.

Venus conjunct Ascendant
Venus opposite Saturn
Venus square Pluto

Take your shot and guesses, then I will share my experiences to see who was right or wrong.

Abby83

Venus conjunct Ascendant
Venus opposite Saturn
Venus square Pluto

Take your shot and guesses, then I will share my experiences to see who was right or wrong.

Well considering Venus conjunct ascendant is supposed to mean you're beautiful, I'd have to guess yes.

Well thanks for the compliment Abby but more like real freaking insecure about my romantic life and constant validation regarding looks. Been called good looking and cute a few times in life outside of just family members.

I have a habit of avoiding long term relationships, have only had a couple in college and one I think I shared with you guys was with my crazy psycho Scorpio ex. It was weird, like I hated her as a person but loved the sex and she felt the same way about me too. I am literally scared to see her again but we will fight and then have sex and then fight again and then have more sex.

I have slept around with a lot of women and cannot stick to commitment and long term relationships as much, cannot see myself getting married either.

It is like I am constantly at odds, I have to have sex with lots of different women to prove that I am alpha but one side of me yearns for a soul mate, then at the same time the other side of me destroys that side of me that yearns for a soul mate.

Abby83

Thanks for that fomalhaut :).

On another note, I wonder what aspect a person would have to another if they liked a particular body part. Eg: what IG a guy really liked a girls face. What synastry aspect would you expect?