Doomed to single/virginal life?

JUPITERASC

Hi all! I was wondering whether my chart indicates a solitary type life and remaining a virgin.
This isn't a lack of interest on my part because I'm more than a little interested in intimacy :whistling:
but most people just aren't interested in me. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

I'm going to try to include an alternate chart link,
since astro is the only site that ever shows aspects with my venus
(not sure why that happens).

Alternate Chart
According to Medieval astrology
if you marry, then is likely to occur later in life
either that or possibly a marriage to an older man
the following comment explains in more detail with an example chart
:smile:
DELINEATING MARRIAGE (MEDIEVAL METHOD) thread discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=384090#post384090

In Women's chart the Sun is of great importance.
According to Ptolemy we seek to find the Sun in the two Oriental Quadrants: from AC to MC, and from DC to IC,
because this signifies that the woman will be married in her youth
and that she will take young man in her older years, but not an older husband.

But when the Sun is in the Occidental quadrants (from AC to IC, and from DC to MC),
then her marriage is delayed or in youth she will take older man.

If the Sun is from the beginning of Aries till the middle of Taurus,
or from the middle of Leo all the way to the end of Virgo,
or from the beginning of Libra all the way to the middle of Scorpio,
or from the middle of Aquarius till the end of Pisces, and the significator (In women's chart this is the Lord or Almuten of the 7th house) is Occidental, she will marry in old age or with older man.

If the significator is under the Sun's beams, it signifies that she has no marriage.

If the Sun is in fixed sign signifies that she will be married to one man only.
But if in that sign there is Oriental planet, you will judge that the man will be young or that she will marry another one after that.
If the planet is Occidental, then he will be older.

If the Sun is in mutable sign she will have two husbands.
If the Sun is in cardinal sign she will have many men.

15hsvn.png

This is the chart of Jennifer Aniston.
She was very publicly married with Brad Pit and had numerous broken relationships after that.
Her Sun is in fixed sign, so she married once.
The problem is that this Sun is afflicted from the Lord of the 7th and the Sun itself is Almuten of the 7th. This is (and other testimonies) what brought divorce.

Jennifer was 31 years old when she married Brad, so not so young. Brad was 36, a little bit older then her.
Sun is in the Oriental Quarter, but from the Middle of Aquarius till the End of Pisces which testifies that the she will take older man and in her older years (older from Medieval viewpoint).
With the Sun in the same sign there is occidental planet, which again testifies about older man and marriage in older years.

jsmi

Saturn does have influence on your personality due to it's aspects to the ascendant ruler and the moon. I should have mentioned this earlier but I had a lapse in concentration.

What Saturn may very well do is put the breaks on your personality expression . While an unhindered Mars may mean a outgoing,brave and impulsive individual, Saturn may introduce traits of reticence and even cowardice, making you gun shy as the energy of Mars is curtailed. It may also have an effect on your mind/emotions/psychology as it sextiles your Moon from a superior position.

I notice what you said about your height and Saturn can have a restrictive/shrinking effect on what it touches in the chart, which in this case your body (Asc ruler/ Moon).

This is crazy spot on for me. No matter what I may want to do for fun, I always have that voice in my head saying "that irresponsible" or make me incredibly anxious (some social anxiety). It's almost like I always have two personalities where sometimes I can be brave and not care about what others think, then at other times anxious and way too concerned.

jsmi

According to Medieval astrology
if you marry, then is likely to occur later in life
either that or possibly a marriage to an older man
the following comment explains in more detail with an example chart
:smile:
DELINEATING MARRIAGE (MEDIEVAL METHOD) thread discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=384090#post384090

Thank you! That's fascinating. It makes me wonder if kids are in my future, or if I should stick with the having them through a sperm bank idea, since marrying at an older age would likely mean that I wouldn't be able to have kids.

Edit: I don't want to make a new post and bump mine up for no reason. I posted something similar 4 years ago and never received a response, so it means a lot that you all responded. I truly appreciate all your time and effort, so thank you again.

Last edited:

jsmi

7th lord in 12th means she will marry a foreigner - or someone from opposite coast.

I apologize for bumping up my thread. However, I was thinking about this today at work. In this thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49494
most people talk about Sagittarius' influence, the 9th house, or Jupiter when it comes to foreign type marriages.

However, I'm a little confused. Jupiter is in my 7th, but in a different sign then my 7th house. No0b question, but how does that work if it's in my 7th house, but ruled by a different planet. Does it lose Taurus' connection to Venus?

Jadi

I apologize for bumping up my thread. However, I was thinking about this today at work. In this thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49494
most people talk about Sagittarius' influence, the 9th house, or Jupiter when it comes to foreign type marriages.

However, I'm a little confused. Jupiter is in my 7th, but in a different sign then my 7th house. No0b question, but how does that work if it's in my 7th house, but ruled by a different planet. Does it lose Taurus' connection to Venus?
Your 7th cusp is in the 8th sign from your ascendant. So for you, your Jupiter will have more 8th house qualities then for an outsider, who'll say that from their perspective it has more 7th house qualities.

House cusps are specific points in your life. The houses counted from the ascendant are how you relate to that specific cusp. Why? It's counted from your ascendant, the ascendant represents you.

I hope that sheds some light :lol: At least this is how I look at it.

Last edited:

deepminde

My situation is similar to yours. There is no man for a serious relationship. Thought when I was younger there were a few guys but I was too shy (social anxiety problems also). I was very surprised when I saw your chart. We have the same aspects, planets, for example 7th house lord is in the 12th house, and Venus is in 12th house, Jupiter sextile Mars, Chiron 8th house in Cancer, etc.… I can say for me the obvious problems are some sort of social anxiety, mild depression and not so good social skills. And I too have that dual personality thing (I’m not bipolar), I want some fun and crazy but on the other hand I’m afraid.

jsmi

Your 7th cusp is in the 8th sign from your ascendant. So for you, your Jupiter will have more 8th house qualities then for an outsider, who'll say that from their perspective it has more 7th house qualities.

House cusps are specific points in your life. The houses counted from the ascendant are how you relate to that specific cusp. Why? It's counted from your ascendant, the ascendant represents you.

I hope that sheds some light :lol: At least this is how I look at it.

Thank you! So, most likely Jupiter wouldn't have an impact on marriage then and be focused on the 8th (sexual) issues? It gets so complex!

jsmi

My situation is similar to yours. There is no man for a serious relationship.

Yup, we sound pretty similar, which is interesting with such similar placements. I'm at the point where I think the only way I'd get it is to pay a guy; although, that brings about my other side that makes me anxious and think about all the dangers of doing that. What I've read so far in this thread doesn't look promising :sad: I hope your luck turns around/stars go in a more favorable alignment!

Jadi

Thank you! So, most likely Jupiter wouldn't have an impact on marriage then and be focused on the 8th (sexual) issues? It gets so complex!
It is confusing, this is why some astrologers have thrown the cusps out entirely. They're just using the whole house system (Houses counted from the ascendant). Now, that might be useful if you're only reading your own chart. But if you're an astrologer doing it for a living, the house cusps do offer a more objective perspective. The Campanus trumps the Placidus system in my book, but that's just my personal opinion :biggrin:

So to answer your question: From your perspective? Yes.

JUPITERASC

It is confusing, this is why some astrologers have thrown the cusps out entirely.

They're just using the whole house system (Houses counted from the ascendant)

Now, that might be useful if you're only reading your own chart.
But if you're an astrologer doing it for a living, the house cusps do offer a more objective perspective.
The Campanus trumps the Placidus system in my book, but that's just my personal opinion :biggrin:

So to answer your question: From your perspective? Yes

dr. farr began studying astrology when he was twelve and is currently over sixty and explains cusps re: whole signs :smile:
on the WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=311413#post311413

WHOLE SIGNS TODAY http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163&highlight=today

Cusps:

Today
(and for the past thousand years or so)
we define cusps as "borders" (coasts),
but that is not the original meaning of the word "cusp":
it means "point" such as cuspal teeth (bicuspids)
and the point of a sword
-so originally the term cusp meant the "point" of something,
and in astrology originally the "cusp" of the house meant its "point";

now, when quadrant systems were developed, this "point" of the house came to mean its "beginning",
which later came to mean its "border", ie, the "border" between one house and the other.
And later astrology also began using these "borders" (cusps) for various prognostic applications
(Charles Carter came to believe that, for timing of events, the "cusps" of the Campanus house system gave the best results,
among the various quadrant house systems)

But now notice this:

in whole sign the cusps are NOT the 0 degree "borders" of sign/houses at all, and never were so regarded!

In whole sign, the "cusp" retained its original meaning, not as a "border" but rather as A POINT

-and that POINT (cusp) for EACH house, was the sensitive point of that house,

viz,
the sensitive point in whole sign houses
-each house
-that is the "cusp" of each house
-is a direct projection from the ascending degree

Example:

-the ascending degree of a chart is 18 Taurus:
what are the house cusps
(sensitive points, original meaning of the word "cusp") in the whole sign houses of this chart?

Cusp of 1st house = 18 Taurus
Cusp of 2nd house = 18 Gemini
Cusp of 3rd house = 18 Cancer
Cusp of 4th house = 18 Leo
Cusp of 5th house = 18 Virgo
Cusp of 6th house = 18 Libra
Cusp of 7th house = 18 Scorpio
Cusp of 8th house = 18 Sagittarius
Cusp of 9th house = 18 Capricorn
Cusp of 10th house = 18 Aquarius
Cusp of 11th house = 18 Pisces
Cusp of 12th house = 18 Aries

Now it is these "cusps"
(sensitive degrees, original meaning of the word "cusp" as a "point")
that are (and were) used for progressions, timing of events, etc,
and the fact is that they work for these purposes, quite well (in expert hands)

Whole sign does not use the BORDERS between houses (always 0 degree of any sign) for anything,
but it DOES use "cusps" (points in the house, projected from the exact ascending degree)
for timing (and other) delineative purposes

Whole sign suddenly vanished (both in the West and in Vedic astrology) during the same period of time
-ie, late 8th to early 9th century
-this sudden disappearance suggests a sudden turn in astrological thinking and practices,
rather than a gradual supplanting of a less effective traditional method (whole sign)
by a new and more effective method (rheotrius/alchabitius in the West,
and the closely related to whole sign Equal house, in Vedic astrology)

I quite agree with Waybread in the statement, "so what?"
(if old time astrologers did or didn't do something)

For me, there is only 1 reason I switched to whole sign
-it worked better (FOR ME)
I could care less if it were the oldest house system (which it is)
or whether it was invented by Badda Bing at Barney's Beanery in Bayonne, 10 years ago:

only things I consider are:
-does it seem to make sense?
-does it "taste good" to me
(ie, does it "feel right" to me)
-and, if yes to the above, does it work
(producing delineations and predicitions) better than what I have previously been doing?

Well, whole sign did all that, for me, so I switched;
but I am not going to try to convince anyone of anything about it,
except for beginners
-to you who might just be starting out, I would say:
try whole sign first, and see how well it might work for you...

SkyWriter108

Hello JSMI,

After looking at your chart, it shows a little delay in the process but it does not show you being doomed or leading a completely virginal life.

The significanting planet for your partner is Saturn whom holds the lowest degree, and your Saturn is in its own sign of Capricorn.

What that means is that your partner will be of a Saturnine vibration.
It also means that your partner will most likely be someone older in age or even someone younger in some cases whom you feel is more mature (Saturn) than yourself.

"I feel that others don't want me." is a pretty typical Capricornian thing to say, especially when the significating planet for partnership is Saturn in its own sign.

Any leads for a relationship can seem as it is taking a while to develop as Saturn is a slow planet, maybe things might feel a little cold at first as Saturn is a cold planet but they can and will heat up over time yet another Saturnine quality.

Saturn sits in your 3rd house and is aspecting your Venus in the 12th by 10th house aspect - if you feel social anxiety or a limitation in communication it can limit the chance of ''love relationship'' opportunities.

The good news is that you are in Saturn's time period since 2011, lasting for 22 years; that means you are in the time period in which you will find a partner. This period ends 12/10/2029 so you have plenty of time.

In your navamsa (marriage / partner) chart you have Saturn yet again in Capricorn in the 5th house, so rest assured - it is all just delayed, you are not unwanted.

Guidance & protection,
SkyWriter

Attachments

• JSMI _k.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 44

jsmi

It is confusing, this is why some astrologers have thrown the cusps out entirely. They're just using the whole house system (Houses counted from the ascendant). Now, that might be useful if you're only reading your own chart. But if you're an astrologer doing it for a living, the house cusps do offer a more objective perspective. The Campanus trumps the Placidus system in my book, but that's just my personal opinion :biggrin:

So to answer your question: From your perspective? Yes.

I can see how astrologers would want more information. It is always harder to be more objective when looking at your own chart. Thank you for going into more detail. :smile:

@JUPITERASC Thank you. That is incredibly informative and really helped me understand cusps better. :joyful: I had always figured it was just whether something was in the house or not, so seeing cusps really adds another intricate layer.

You all have been so helpful. Cusps and house lords are new to me, so I have a lot to look into. I appreciate the help and guidance! :love:

jsmi

Hello JSMI,

After looking at your chart, it shows a little delay in the process but it does not show you being doomed or leading a completely virginal life.

The significanting planet for your partner is Saturn whom holds the lowest degree, and your Saturn is in its own sign of Capricorn.

What that means is that your partner will be of a Saturnine vibration.
It also means that your partner will most likely be someone older in age or even someone younger in some cases whom you feel is more mature (Saturn) than yourself.

"I feel that others don't want me." is a pretty typical Capricornian thing to say, especially when the significating planet for partnership is Saturn in its own sign.

Any leads for a relationship can seem as it is taking a while to develop as Saturn is a slow planet, maybe things might feel a little cold at first as Saturn is a cold planet but they can and will heat up over time yet another Saturnine quality.

Saturn sits in your 3rd house and is aspecting your Venus in the 12th by 10th house aspect - if you feel social anxiety or a limitation in communication it can limit the chance of ''love relationship'' opportunities.

The good news is that you are in Saturn's time period since 2011, lasting for 22 years; that means you are in the time period in which you will find a partner. This period ends 12/10/2029 so you have plenty of time.

In your navamsa (marriage / partner) chart you have Saturn yet again in Capricorn in the 5th house, so rest assured - it is all just delayed, you are not unwanted.

Guidance & protection,
SkyWriter

Thank you for your input and the amount of time you spent on my chart. I didn't realize how significant Saturn was in my chart; your descriptions make sense given how strong Saturn seems to be. I'll try to be more patient and stop comparing my love life to those around me, since my route seems to be the tortoise's route :lol: It's interesting, and it makes me wonder whether this is why I was once told that if I got married I'd meet my husband at work (Capricorn + Saturn I guess).