Simplicity Uber Alle

Zaphod

Well, here's a kick: the pursuit of a solution to one mystery begets the solution to an earlier one. While searching the attic for my wife's missing necklace, I found an address book of hers that had been missing since last May, and that I had done a horary chart on in August. About all I was sure of at the time was that it would be found (I drew this conclusion from the fact that Jupiter was in the midheaven and conjunct Fortune.) But I didn't know nearly enough then; none of the leads I teased out of the chart with my then-current knowledge took me anywhere. In retrospect, I was looking at it the wrong way. I treated it as a possession of mine (2nd House, ruled by Mars) that contained practical information (telephone numbers, 3rd House, ruled by Jupiter). In reality, it's my wife's possession; she bought it, populated it and maintained it, and I had nothing to do with it. So this morning, after I found it by accident, I went back to the chart to see what lessons I might learn.

I turned the chart to make the radical 7th House the Ascendant and the 8th the house of her possessions; the 9th then became the turned 3rd, where books and practical knowledge might reside. Taurus occupied the 8th and Gemini occupied the 9th. The Moon, significator of lost items, was in Taurus (the sign of its exaltation) in the 8th. Mercury, significator of the book itself, was in Virgo (rulership and exaltation) in the turned 5th House. The Moon was trine by element to Mercury, but not by degree, and the address book was mislaid while we were on vacation. Not much negative action from the malefics: Saturn was sextile Mercury from the turned 7th House, and Mars (ruler of the turned Ascendant) was in its detriment at 29 Cancer 41 in the turned 4th House, 8 degrees past the radical MC but making no aspects to the other radical planets. (Maybe it simply showed that we would search aggressively throughout our home - we did - but, since it was void-of-course, we would turn up nothing.)

The address book turned up in an inner zippered pocket of a suitcase we had taken on vacation, and that we had searched at least twice previously; Rex Bills gives "suitcases" to Taurus, and my meticulous wife had prudently stashed the book away in it before we returned home. (Well, it also could have been me, as 7th-House Saturn sextile Mercury, trying to be helpful.) The suitcase was in the SW corner of an attic over the SE wing of the house, blending the significance of Taurus (SxE), 8th (WxS), Virgo (SxW) and 11th (ExS). Both of the significators (all if Mars is included as Ascendant ruler) above the horizon mainly told me that I shouldn't look in the basement, and probably not on the ground floor, but I wouldn't have read this as "attic."

Now I need to have my wife lose something else so I can find her necklace the same way
wink.gif

Last edited:

VeryVenus

Could you please post the chart you drew for the address book, so we can see/analyze it? Since you already know the answer you may want to withhold it at first and then see if there are any answers matching the correct answer as well as compare notes for your own analysis. :)