Best website for Duad interpretations?

soratothamax

I've recently gotten a fascination with decans and duads. But there doesn't seem to be much information for them. Anyone know a good website for decans and duads, or particularly just duads? i have a chart I'm just interested in finding a good website for an interpretation so I could get an idea.

Thanks ;)

dr. farr

I am not aware of any websites going into this, however, the books:
"144 Doors of the Zodiac" (best dwad book) by T. Escobar
and
"Decans and Dwads", by Sakoian & Acker
...both available from astroamerica.com, will provide pretty much all you need for delineations using these sign divisions...

soratothamax

Thanks very much. i'll look into those.

i wonder why there are no websites as much as books? Well, it isn't a very well-known aspect of astrology, so I don't know why I'm asking. thanks once again.

dr. farr

Yes, duodenaries (dwads) especially are not well known (in Western astrology) Of course dwads are quite important considerations in Vedic astrology (perhaps you will find some useful information on dwads on Vedic sites), and you also might find something on them on the Hellenistic (Greco/Roman) astrology sites, since at one time (Greco/Roman period) they (dwads) were also pretty significant in Western astrology as well...

PamCrane

I have found Dwads enthralling ever since I found them in Mark Pottenger's CCRS92 tabulations. As a result I've done a lot of work on them and you may like to visit my website to see if there's anything there that sparks your interest. These are the most relevant pages :
http://revpamcrane.weebly.com/the-dwad.html
http://revpamcrane.weebly.com/10---relocation.html
http://revpamcrane.weebly.com/ages-dwads--and-idwads.html
http://revpamcrane.weebly.com/forensic-astrology.html
http://revpamcrane.weebly.com/weather-forecasting.html

theV

Bump this thread.I want to talk more about duad and dwad.I also got into them recently.I have no clue what they mean.They seem like another way of interpreting charts.

I don't know which one should I take more into consideration?The duad which is the 12th harmonic chart,or the dwad the vedic D12 harmonic chart.Both of them seems interesting,but still I can't relate. I seem to have a strong Pluto/Mercury connection that is the only thing that is strong. I like the dwad more than duad 12th harmonic.I think duad 12th harmnoic also represents the age of 12,and usually the harmonic charts tells us more about the energy we attract not the energy we project.It is about the type of people that comes to our life.

kjNqZrK.png

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Bump this thread.I want to talk more about duad and dwad.
I also got into them recently.
I have no clue what they mean.
They seem like another way of interpreting charts.

I don't know which one should I take more into consideration?The duad which is the 12th harmonic chart,or the dwad the vedic D12 harmonic chart.Both of them seems interesting,but still I can't relate. I seem to have a strong Pluto/Mercury connection that is the only thing that is strong.

If you have very accurate time of birth, observe where the twelfth-part of the Ascendant falls
some very valuable information about your personality can be revealed
by the sign where this twelfth part falls
https://beyondtheheaven.wordpress.com/tag/traditional-astrology-duad-dodekatemoria/
:smile:

Each sign is divided into twelve parts where every part gets 2.5 degrees.

First part is always dedicated to the actual sign and the next to the next sign in order, etc.

So the twelfth parts of Aries start with Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and so on.

The sequence of twelfth-parts of Taurus starts with Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, and so on.

To find where the twelfth-part of particular planet lies use some mathematics with your calculator.

Let’s say my Moon lies in 06°15′ Scorpio.
I multiply 6 with 12 and get 72.
Now I multiply the minutes with 12 too and get 15 x 12 = 180.
Now to convert the minutes into degrees I divide 180 with 60 (number of minutes in one degree) and get 3. 72 + 3 = 75.
The twelfth part of my Moon will be 75 degrees away from the beginning of Scorpio.
Important to start counting not from 6°15′ Scorpio where Moon is placed,
BUT from the beginning of the sign of Scorpio.
So the twelfth-part of Moon will fall in 15° Capricorn.

Morinus freeware software gives these twelfth-parts visually in the chart so you don’t need to calculate anything.
Some other names for the twelfth-parts: dodekatemoria, duodecima or plural duodecimae, duads, dwads, etc.

To find them approximately without calculator you use this simple trick.
If a planet is in the beginning of a sign (from 0° to 2°30′) then the twelfth part of that planet will be in the same sign.
If from 2°30′ to 5° – in the sign next to it.
If a planet is from 5° to 7°30′ (as in our example with Moon above)
then the twelfth-part of that planet will be in the sextile sign following the sign where the planet is found.
If a planet falls from 7°30′ to 10° the twelfth-part will fall in the square following.
If a planet falls from 10° to 12°30′, the twelfth-part will fall in the trine following.
If a planet falls from 12°30′ to 15° it will be the quincunx sign from the planet.
15° to 17°30′ is easy to remember, the twelfth-part falls in the sign opposite.
From 17°30′ to 20° it is in the second quincunx, the one behind the sign in question.
From 20° to 22°30′ the trine behind.
From 22°30′ to 25° the square behind.
From 25° to 27°30′ the sextile behind.
From 27°30′ till the end of sign, in the sign behind it.

Commit this to memory and you will not have a problem finding the twelfth-part of any planet, at least by sign if not by degree.

Remember the 0 – 2.30 segment, the 5 – 7.30 segment that leads to sextile in front and the 25 – 27.30 that leads to sextile behind.
The 15° segment leads to opposite sign and the 10-20 segments leads to trine in front and trine behind respectively.
Once you know these, the intermediate you would easily reckon.

Dell-Dwad.jpg

theV

If you have very accurate time of birth, observe where the twelfth-part of the Ascendant falls
some very valuable information about your personality can be revealed
by the sign where this twelfth part falls
https://beyondtheheaven.wordpress.com/tag/traditional-astrology-duad-dodekatemoria/
:smile:

Each sign is divided into twelve parts where every part gets 2.5 degrees.

First part is always dedicated to the actual sign and the next to the next sign in order, etc.

So the twelfth parts of Aries start with Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and so on.

The sequence of twelfth-parts of Taurus starts with Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, and so on.

To find where the twelfth-part of particular planet lies use some mathematics with your calculator.

Let’s say my Moon lies in 06°15′ Scorpio.
I multiply 6 with 12 and get 72.
Now I multiply the minutes with 12 too and get 15 x 12 = 180.
Now to convert the minutes into degrees I divide 180 with 60 (number of minutes in one degree) and get 3. 72 + 3 = 75.
The twelfth part of my Moon will be 75 degrees away from the beginning of Scorpio.
Important to start counting not from 6°15′ Scorpio where Moon is placed,
BUT from the beginning of the sign of Scorpio.
So the twelfth-part of Moon will fall in 15° Capricorn.

Morinus freeware software gives these twelfth-parts visually in the chart so you don’t need to calculate anything.
Some other names for the twelfth-parts: dodekatemoria, duodecima or plural duodecimae, duads, dwads, etc.

To find them approximately without calculator you use this simple trick.
If a planet is in the beginning of a sign (from 0° to 2°30′) then the twelfth part of that planet will be in the same sign.
If from 2°30′ to 5° – in the sign next to it.
If a planet is from 5° to 7°30′ (as in our example with Moon above)
then the twelfth-part of that planet will be in the sextile sign following the sign where the planet is found.
If a planet falls from 7°30′ to 10° the twelfth-part will fall in the square following.
If a planet falls from 10° to 12°30′, the twelfth-part will fall in the trine following.
If a planet falls from 12°30′ to 15° it will be the quincunx sign from the planet.
15° to 17°30′ is easy to remember, the twelfth-part falls in the sign opposite.
From 17°30′ to 20° it is in the second quincunx, the one behind the sign in question.
From 20° to 22°30′ the trine behind.
From 22°30′ to 25° the square behind.
From 25° to 27°30′ the sextile behind.
From 27°30′ till the end of sign, in the sign behind it.

Commit this to memory and you will not have a problem finding the twelfth-part of any planet, at least by sign if not by degree.

Remember the 0 – 2.30 segment, the 5 – 7.30 segment that leads to sextile in front and the 25 – 27.30 that leads to sextile behind.
The 15° segment leads to opposite sign and the 10-20 segments leads to trine in front and trine behind respectively.
Once you know these, the intermediate you would easily reckon.

Dell-Dwad.jpg

Thank you JUPITERASC,It is very informative post,but when it comes to math my mind just block.I think I'll just let the software do the work.I have solar gold fire which calculated my Duad chart.The one I posted above is very accurate,because it is based on my birth certificat.Birth time is one hundered percent correct.

swanswings

September, 1995 when 9°11' Virgo Sun blended with 5°44' Sagittarius Moon, it is undertandable that you would prefer the dwad combination because the Virgo Sun dwad Sagittarius supports the Earth/Fire themes of Virgo Sun and Sagittarius Moon.

Sagittarius fire/Virgo earth: full of opinions and always certain he is right, is quite different from the Cancer duad, Earth/Water combination.

Virgo Sun Cancer duad can think (Mercury) and feel emotions (Moon) very deeply. Earth/water are both yin, both receptive.

Virgo Sun dwad Sagittarius can think he has all the answers.

Virgo Sun duad Cancer can listen.
.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

theV

September, 1995 when 9°11' Virgo Sun blended with 5°44' Sagittarius Moon, it is undertandable that you would prefer the dwad combination because the Virgo Sun dwad Sagittarius supports the Earth/Fire themes of Virgo Sun and Sagittarius Moon.

Sagittarius fire/Virgo earth: full of opinions and always certain he is right, is quite different from the Cancer duad, Earth/Water combination.

Virgo Sun Cancer duad can think (Mercury) and feel emotions (Moon) very deeply. Earth/water are both yin, both receptive.

:lol: Thank you very much for explaining to me how the sun and the duad and dwad are functioning together.

There are reasons why I prefer The Dwad chart more than Duad one.The Dwad is used more by the astrologers such as Alice Portman than the duad which proves it efficiency and authenticity in interpretation.The Duad chart seems to me just as another harmonic chart,a method I am familiar with,not larger than that.When comparing the natal-dwad synastry speaking,they always seems to show the deeper layers of the relationship rather than the duad-natal chart.The dwad is old Vedic method that exist for a long period.

I do think you hit the point also about supporting the earth/fire theme.I always felt strong in those two elements.That's why I relate much to the Sagittarius/Virgo duad.I do think there is a part of me who is a deep thinker as you said Virgo/Cancer Dwad.

theV

A karmic Dwad metting would be with:

Dwad angle connection:asc conjunct mc,mc conjunct ic..etc
Dwad Sun or moon on angles
Connection to vertex

theV

SPXcZLF.png

Let's talk Marilyn Monroe:

her Duad Sun conjunct Duad Sedna: Shows the perfect image of victimization,of the lost girl and fragility.Opposite Natal Eris: Amplify the whole theme,adding chaos and disruption.

Her natal Sun conjunct Duad Ceres opposite Duad Pluto: Shows regeneration and rebirth type of archetype. Problem with nourishment,or dark moon theme (family and scapegoat)

Her Natal Venus conjunct Duad Neptune: her hypnotizing beauty and seduction show through this picture,Endless memorable beauty.Also Duad Venus

The Duad Jupiter/Juno aspect: Association with important,wealthy people.Also indicate wealth.dealing with betrayal in relationship. conjunct her Ver/Antivertex

theV

After thinking about this and studying duad. I relate to the sun/cancer/12th harmonic more than the dwad vedic