Feeding the Soul in the Natal Chart

hypatia

Depression is the result of not letting your light shine, not doing what feeds your soul. The natal chart shows, in a general way, what would feed your soul: your sun placement tells us that, and your moon placement tells us more. In your case, since both are in the same sign, it's clear that you have Virgo needs.

If you're depressed, chances are you're not doing that. Was there something you were doing that made you happy, but that you gave up? Did you perhaps feel that it conflicted with your sense of duty or responsibility (that could be reflected Saturn, particularly the Saturn/sun opposition)?

Hi Osamenor
I don't want to hijack ThreeMSymbol's post by getting into a discussion here, but I'm really interested in your response, and would very much like to read more on reading a chart in regards to what it tells someone about feeding their soul.
I was wondering if you (or anyone?) could specifically point to some other posts that are on this topic?
Cheers

three M symbols

Hi Osamenor
I don't want to hijack ThreeMSymbol's post by getting into a discussion here, but I'm really interested in your response, and would very much like to read more on reading a chart in regards to what it tells someone about feeding their soul.
I was wondering if you (or anyone?) could specifically point to some other posts that are on this topic?
Cheers

I think you should create a new thread about this, because it can be interesting for a lot of people here :) (and me too)

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi Osamenor
Cheers

I think you should create a new thread about this, because it can be interesting for a lot of people here :) (and me too)

New thread created. I moved these posts, because this really is a separate line of discussion from the thread it started in.

Last edited:

three M symbols

So, you can already look at this few things, in order to know how to feed a soul.
For each planet, look at the house and sign. And also where are rulers of this house

- Moon = emotional needs. (how to feel safe or not/where you feel the most confortable and unconfortable at)
- Sun = Your will and your ego. What your soul want to do in this life
- Mercury = how you can feed your intellect. What does it like to "eat"
- Venus = Your values, what you do you like. What are your needs in a relationship. (you can also look at the DC)
- Mars = how you use your energy. What are your desires, what you can fight the most for, how you assert yourself and why.
- Ruler of your ascendant = shows what are your motivations. and how you will develop yourself in life.
- North Node = What skills your soul need to develop during this life.

Last edited:

hypatia

I'm keen to share a few snippets of some charts, and to see if we agree on how to do this... would anyone else be happy to do this??

I don't mind which planet to consider for an example - maybe the moon?

For myself (I've attached my chart)...

Moon is in Gemini in 8th House.
And my 8th house is ruled by Merc, which is located in the 3rd House.
So the main topics coming up are - communication, sharing, local or immediate environment

So my emotional needs are met through communicating and sharing in my immediate environment.

What do you think?
Anyone else want to share their interpretation for their Moon?

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 31

Gemini888

I'm keen to share a few snippets of some charts, and to see if we agree on how to do this... would anyone else be happy to do this??

I don't mind which planet to consider for an example - maybe the moon?

For myself (I've attached my chart)...

Moon is in Gemini in 8th House.
And my 8th house is ruled by Merc, which is located in the 3rd House.
So the main topics coming up are - communication, sharing, local or immediate environment

So my emotional needs are met through communicating and sharing in my immediate environment.

What do you think?
Anyone else want to share their interpretation for their Moon?
Can you generate another chart at Astro.com? Your chart is rather hard to see.

three M symbols

This is my insight:
(tell me if i'm wrong)

If your moon is in Gemini, I think it mean fulfill your intellectual needs is very important for you (to not be bored or feel unconfortable in your life.) Gemini sign is about learn or teach , communicate and share informations, concepts and ideas. Your Mercury is in 3rd house, this is a house where Mercury like to do all these things, but also a good placement for writing skills.
I noticed that Gemini Moon (or sun or ascendant) are often searching to know how other people think. So, especially with Moon in 8th house, maybe you like to know secrets & psychology of other people in your surroundings (3rd house), or learn about their possessions, what they value (8th house is opposed to the 2nd), or how do they cope with 8th house kind of issues and topics..
With this moon placement, your needs can be about learning or feeling 8th houses things. (psychology, hidden or occult, secrets, money, hidden strenght or ressources, sex, deep relationships, topics about commitments or loyalty, etc..)

8th house is the house where everyone had to experience transformation or obtacles.
Mercury in 3rd house can be the cause of these experiences for you. So, be careful about your 3rd house, what you learn or communicate, your own psychology and intellect, etc..

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I have a quick, shorthand way of picking that out: the prime triad.

The native's sun sign tells us what they need for their core personality growth. If they're not feeling good about themselves, or their life, they've probably lost touch, to some degree, with what feeds them. Sun sign gives us a general sense of what they need.

Their moon sign tells us what their deepest security needs are.

Rising sign shows us how they interface with the world. Usually, when the soul needs to be fed, it's a sun or moon or both message that we're looking for, but sometimes the way someone is manifesting their rising sign needs to be looked at. I've seen cases where people were giving off the impression that they were a very different person from who they really were, because of which version of their rising sign they were showing to the world, which was very different from who the rest of their chart showed them to be. That kind of thing tends to result in social problems, or relationship problems, or maybe some self image problem, but for the deep down issues, sun and moon are key.

Houses of the sun and moon are a how. For example, if we're looking at a Cancer sun, there's definitely going to be some sort of need for personal space, grounding, security, maybe creating home in some sense. But it will manifest very differently if that Cancer sun is in the social eleventh house than if it's in the homebody fourth. Or, let's say our native is a Leo. In that case, the sun sign's message is just a double down on the sun itself - personality growth to the fullest - but the house modifies it. A sixth house Leo will have very different needs from a first house Leo.

hypatia

This is my insight:
(tell me if i'm wrong)

If your moon is in Gemini, I think it mean fulfill your intellectual needs is very important for you (to not be bored or feel unconfortable in your life.) Gemini sign is about learn or teach , communicate and share informations, concepts and ideas.

yes and yes for what you wrote here.

I have to consider your other points though... particularly about the 8th house.

thank you for looking at this.