Strengths Finder + Astrology

AppLeo

Hey ladies! So I was just going through some books in my closet and I found a really cool book called Strengths Finder. The book has a code inside for you to take a test online, which allows you to determine your strengths! The test is about 30 minutes, so it's pretty in depth.

ky4hwohc9uq91tnwcgkkvw.jpg

Anyway, if you've read the book and have taken the test, tell us the top five strengths you've gotten and post your chart along with it; it's really cool to see the connections!

My top five in order were: Relator (relationships are important to you and give you fuel), Intellection (you like to think), Restorative (solving problems), Individualization (you understand people distinctively), and Deliberative (conservative and calculative).

Here's my charty :3

heygurrlhey.jpg

It's really cool that I got Relator first because I have my Sun in the 7th House in Leo!! Of course I'm going to love people. And the whole Moon in Virgo in the 8th house totally puts my intellection, restorative, and individualization into perspective. And lastly, my deliberative component can be explained by my Capricorn Rising.

StillOne

You shoulda put this in Modern astrology m8! It's gonna die a slow death in this out of the way hidden corner...

I was going to start a thread like this but, like I suspected, didn't think many would contribute.

I'll say this, though, and try and help revive this... I think there's definitely correlation. I'll look into my placements in the next few days to help get this thread off the ground a bit.

Last edited:

AppLeo

You shoulda put this in Modern astrology m8! It's gonna die a slow death in this out of the way hidden corner...

I was going to start a thread like this but, like I suspected, didn't think many would contribute.

I'll say this, though, and try and help revive this... I think there's definitely correlation. I'll look into my placements in the next few days to help get this thread off the ground a bit.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate this post! Maybe the mods will move it to modern; I don't know.

sibylline

I think the issue is most people haven't read the book and haven't taken the test. I've seen a few online (notably, here and here). Are these like the one you took?...They are really long. I'll try to take one later.

AppLeo

I think the issue is most people haven't read the book and haven't taken the test. I've seen a few online (notably, here and here). Are these like the one you took?...They are really long. I'll try to take one later.

Yes I was interested in the post but I hadn't read the book or have a code. Il check the links sibylline provided.

You guys should totes buy the book! I think it's useful info, honestly. The book has the code in it, which allows you to take the test.

StillOne

I found a discounted copy for $12. It's certainly worth that and more. It's made by the Gallup people and the answers, to me, seemed to fit pretty accurately.

I used the first link sibylline left.

My top 5 were: Innovation, determination, communication, faith, self-motivation and my least was Purpose.

Can't post my chart as on my phone, but the innovation, determination and self-motivation are definite Aries vibes, as well as a majority of fire in the chart. The communication would be the Gemini Mars, and libra rising no doubt. The faith (about having passions and values and sticking to them) I would attribute to a moon sag as well as an idealistic romantic nature, Venus Pisces.

My least was Purpose, which I would associate with having predominantly mutable signs in my chart, as well as the easy-going libra nature.

AppLeo

I used the first link sibylline left.

My top 5 were: Innovation, determination, communication, faith, self-motivation and my least was Purpose.

Can't post my chart as on my phone, but the innovation, determination and self-motivation are definite Aries vibes, as well as a majority of fire in the chart. The communication would be the Gemini Mars, and libra rising no doubt. The faith (about having passions and values and sticking to them) I would attribute to a moon sag as well as an idealistic romantic nature, Venus Pisces.

My least was Purpose, which I would associate with having predominantly mutable signs in my chart, as well as the easy-going libra nature.

Yes, that is perfect.

StillOne

My Strengths in order and how it relates to my chart:

1. Adaptability: Splay/Splash chart.
2. Intellection: Unaspected/very little aspected Merc in Scorpio. Sun Uranus conj prob helps.
3. Relator: Libra Sun
4. Learner: Gemini Moon
5. Connectedness: Ascending ruler, Moon in 12th house trine Libra Sun.

Last edited:

katydid

Self Motivation (94%):
Moon/Mars in CAP in 8th ?

Communication (94%):
Mercury conjunct Desc in Scorpio/
Mercury tightly aspecting Jupiter/Uranus/Saturn/Neptune/Pluto

Teamwork (88%):
Jupiter conjunct the Asc. opposing Mercury?
Venus in Sag in the 7th?

Faith (88%)-
Visionary (81%):

Maybe Neptune conjunct the Sun?
And Jupiter in Taurus/Venus in Sag?

Your Bottom 1 Weakness Is:Balance (38%):

Saturn conjunct Neptune in Libra? ...exactly square Uranus? LOL

conspiracy theorist

Okay, I did the test on Sib's first link. I didn't spend too much time deliberating on the answers and just went with my first instinct. Results are:

1. Self-Motivation (88%) -

Left house emphasis
Mars on Asc
L1 conjunct ASC
fire preponderance
Planets in the 1st and 12th house
Mars and Venus in the 1st and Moon in partile sextile the asc makes me very aware of my tastes.

2. Leadership (88%) -

Same things as Self-Motivation

3. Problem Solving (81%)

Fixing issues instead of wallowing works well with the fire elements focus on action. Mars on the rise gives me the desire to subdue issues and "conquer" them

4. Integrity (81%)

Having the ruler of my ascendant ruler in a virtually undiluted state tends to make me more congruent and "true" (there aren't a lot of competing desires muddying my vision). The Theosophists were on to something when they describe Sagittarius as "one-pointed".

5. Faith (75%)

Easily all the Sagittarius and Jovian energy.

Funnily my lowest is in Salesmanship (38%)

With my planets you'd think that this would be higher (even among the highest) but I really don't go out of my way to win over anyone. Being heavily self motivated and almost having a kind of "at-one-ment" I can take or leave virtually everyone in my life.

It's an incredibly useful skill to have so I'm going to develop it.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Okay, I did the test on Sib's first link. I didn't spend too much time deliberating on the answers and just went with my first instinct. Results are:

1. Self-Motivation (88%) -

Left house emphasis
Mars on Asc
L1 conjunct ASC
fire preponderance
Planets in the 1st and 12th house
Mars and Venus in the 1st and Moon in partile sextile the asc makes me very aware of my tastes.

2. Leadership (88%) -

Same things as Self-Motivation

3. Problem Solving (81%)

Fixing issues instead of wallowing works well with the fire elements focus on action. Mars on the rise gives me the desire to subdue issues and "conquer" them

4. Integrity (81%)

Having the ruler of my ascendant ruler in a virtually undiluted state tends to make me more congruent and "true" (there aren't a lot of competing desires muddying my vision). The Theosophists were on to something when they describe Sagittarius as "one-pointed".

5. Faith (75%)

Easily all the Sagittarius and Jovian energy.

With my planets you'd think that this would be higher (even among the highest) but I really don't go out of my way to win over anyone. Being heavily self motivated and almost having a kind of "at-one-ment" I can take or leave virtually everyone in my life.

YESSS work that CT!!!

StillOne

Yes, I'd encourage you to develop this further. However, since it is a weakness you may find it takes quite some effort to develop it. Consider also working on your strengths and finding areas where you can use them (like in a career). Since you will exhibit natural strength in these areas, it should correlate into natural successes there. :happy:

sibylline

I did the second test first and got:

1. Student
2. Information Excavator
3. Thinker
4. Solutions Finder
5. Confidence

Then I realized everyone else did the first test, so I did that one also and I got:

Innovation (94%): Pisces Sun and Venus, Aquarius Mercury, Sagittarius Moon, Moon and Uranus in 5th making sextiles
Self Motivation (94%): Hmm, Leo Rising, Mars in 10th aspecting Jupiter
Curiosity (94%): Sun and Venus in 8th, Aqua Merc square Pluto, Sagittarius Moon
Problem Solving (88%): Same as above
Ambition (81%): Leo Rising, Mars in 10th, fire Moon in 5th

These were all equal with the fifth:
Integrity (81%): Pisces Sun/Sagittarius Moon, fixed angles and planets
Faith (81%): Pisces and Sag planets
Teamwork (81%): Planets concentrated in Western hemisphere, Mercury conjunct DSC
Visionary (81%): Pisces Sun/Sagittarius Moon/Aqua Merc

The two tests gave very similar results, so the explanations for the second test also apply to the first.

graay ghost

I took this test once. I got:

1. Deliberative
2. Intellection
3. Analytical
4. Learner
5. Futuristic

Some of these make more sense given my chart than others. They do make the image of a very specific type of person, though.

haidee

Curiosity (94%)
- Jupiter/Mercury opposition
- Gemini MC/Venus/Mars

Faith (88%)
- Jupiter/Sun opposition, probably.
- Jupiter/Asc trine as well?

Innovation (81%)
- Aquarius Moon
- Gemini MC/Venus/Mars
- Uranus/MC trine

Teamwork (81%)
- Venus/MC conjunction + Libra NN
- Sun conjuncting 11H cusp (Placidus)

Self motivation (75%)
- Saturn/Sun square.
- Mars in 10H
- Aries PoF

Weakness: Determination + Focus (38%)
I guess Gemini Mars again? LOL. Huh, this is actually weird tbh. (Went back to edit this): I definitely have a drive to get things done, but I guess being heavy in air makes me a bit scattered, not wanting to settle for one thing when there are so many paths that I can choose. This is probably a maturity thing, because with a Mercury/Saturn square + a Virgo Asc. I have no problem paying attention to a single situation/subject (focus) - if I choose to do so. And Aries PoF as for self-determination.

That was fun :sideways: Can't say I'm surprised about #1. Just the other day I was in the passenger seat of a car thinking "hmm.. I wonder what would happen if I opened the door" :w00t: while on the freeway driving 130 km/h (81m/h). The curiosity of a 5-year old - so tempting! I got to thank Saturn for discipline and setting boundaries.

Last edited:

theV

Curiosity (100%):
Virgo Sun/Saggitarius Moon, Moon/Jupiter sextile Mercury.

Innovation (94%):
Uranus square Mars/Node/MC

Visionary (88%):
Neptune conjunct Moon/Jupiter antiscia.

Optimism (88%):
Moon conjnuct Jupiter in Saggitarius obviously

Problem Solving (88%):
Pallas Athena square Moon conjunct the Sun.

weakness Teamwork (44%):

Mars square Uranus.

Last edited:

StillOne

For fun, I ended up trying the 1st link in Sibylline's post to see if I'd score similar to my initial results. However, I do believe that that link is not the same as doing the actual StrengthsFinder test. If I recall correctly, the SF test has over 100 questions (possibly around 125 or so).

With Siby's link I scored:

Innovation (100%) - This kinda blew me away and is definitely making me think a bit. The only thing I can think of why I would score so high here is that my Sun conjuncts Uranus.

Faith (94%) - No idea yet

Curiosity (88%) - Gemini Moon

Optimism (81%) - Not sure I'm even that optimistic. I mean my Moon is in the 12th and Merc is in Scorp. Maybe my Sun trine Moon?

Integrity (81%) - Again, not sure... Libra Sun?

Weakness: Focus (50%) - Gemini Moon

That being said, I think it'd be wise to take as many of these as possible!

Last edited: