Hello from Turkey

Hi everyone my name is Nur Özden
im from Turkey. I just learned English and im new to astrology.
In here nobody interested in astrology like me but i really want to learn about it. So i decided to come here.
Thank you all for great informations in here. That means so much to me.
(sorry for bad english)

MissCapricorn

Hi everyone my name is Nur Özden
im from Turkey. I just learned English and im new to astrology.
In here nobody interested in astrology like me but i really want to learn about it. So i decided to come here.
Thank you all for great informations in here. That means so much to me.
(sorry for bad english)

Welcome Nur! :) Have fun here and this is a good place to learn or practice in the case of astrology and the english language too!
Your english is quite well anyways as I see! ( Although I also just learn it! )

Thank you so much :) I'm so happy that you find my english well because yours is really good. I can't wait to express myself in English as good as in Turkish.
Im also happy that i have my first reply from a Capricorn. My sign is Capricorn too. :)

MissCapricorn

Thank you so much :) I'm so happy that you find my english well because yours is really good. I can't wait to express myself in English as good as in Turkish.
Im also happy that i have my first reply from a Capricorn. My sign is Capricorn too. :)

Wow, it's great! I mean that when I read your introduction then I had a feeling that maybe you're Capricorn too, but I didn't wanted to ask this immediately...:)
I didn't met Capricorn here so far, as I know at least, so you're the first.
Nice to meet you! :wink:

Neptunia

Hey Nur! :biggrin:
Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn while interacting with other people about astrology from all around the world. Your english is very good! :smile:

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Don't worry too much about your English. You write it pretty well. Keep at it and you'll be writing it like a pro in no time.

And welcome to the forums.

Estrellero

Wellcome, Nur.

I should like to ask you about a sore point, if you don't mind.

Islamic culture was been essential in the development of astrology in the Middle Age: Al-Kindi, Ibn-Ezra, Al-Qabisi, etc. However, the most rigid interpretation of Islam forbids Astrology. Is Astrology freely practiced in Turkey nowadays, or is not socially frowned upon in?

I have met a lot of Turks through the years - they all have marvelous english skills, all seven of them who have ended up in U.S. or England.

What language do you best study astrology in? What other languages do you speak other than Turkish?

i think thats because there are a lot of schools and universities are giving their lessons in English. Most people i know are in u.s now too. My uncle is one of them.
I read a lot about astrology on internet in both Turkish and English. If you count this for studying :)

In highschool we are learning a third language (german, france, arabic... )
i had arabic so i know arabic. I know english, little korean and very little japanese. I can read korean but i cant read japanese its so hard. I had to do a lot of practice.
Nowadays i interested in learning italian but this year i have an important exam for University. Sadly i paused learning languages for now.

Wellcome, Nur.

Islamic culture was been essential in the development of astrology in the Middle Age: Al-Kindi, Ibn-Ezra, Al-Qabisi, etc. However, the most rigid interpretation of Islam forbids Astrology. Is Astrology freely practiced in Turkey nowadays, or is not socially frowned upon in?

There is two type of sect in islam: prayer sects and belief sects. Turkeys prayer sect is hanefi, belief sect is maturidi. They both are more rational than other sects and not harsh.
" And landmarks and by the stars, they(mankind) guide themselves." [Al-Qur'an] They interpret this verse to astrologhy so its not forbidden because its a gift from Allah to help us to know Allah, to find better ways to live and to find ourselves. But there is people should not be underestimated who don't believe in astrology and find it nonsense.

People in here know that astrology is not forbidden by religion. There is a lot of Astrologers on tv on talk shows etc. People know their sun signs and rising sings but having their horoscope etc is not so common. But nowadays Astrologers are trying to generalize astrology. They are giving lessons in their offices and on youtube and they are triying to open a University about Astrology.

theV

Wellcome, Nur.

There are Islamic countries that forbid Astrology, and some other Islamic countries that tolerate the practice of Astrology. There are many practicing Islamic/Arabic astrologer, and we see them a lot of on Arabic/Islamic television, hosting a show about astrology. I am a muslim by the way.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Wellcome, Nur.

Estrellero Acuario - seeker of truth. Separating the wheat from the tare.

Gracias y gracias.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Unique -

No disrespect intended, but Mehmed is the chart to look at.

Follow the breadcrumbs and all.

Attachments

• mehmet.jpg
    mehmet.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 31