Human existence: the gender of God

Opal

Premium Member
Very well spoken Leomoon, thank you. Yes, I agree.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Leomoon, if you ever see it grab Borg's book, it really is a good read. Reading the bible Again for the First Time.

petosiris

Banned
Leomoon, if you ever see it grab Borg's book, it really is a good read. Reading the bible Again for the First Time.

You admitted you haven't read the book of Romans. How are you reading the Bible ''again''? In your ignorance you seem to have no way of checking what others tell you as true.

leomoon

I've not met anyone since my late mother in law who use to quote bible & verse, lol. So I usually look up the quote such as this one:

Are you talking about the Law or about the 10 words on the tablets? He taught that Deut. 6:5 contains the greatest commandment and Leviticus 19:18 the second greatest, because they encapsulate all the others, not because the others are irrelevant -
Matthew 5:18.

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

This sounds to me like he is reminding us, our karma will be due, and one will NOT pass from that Law (of karma), till "all is fulfilled".
(even if it takes 1,000 lifetimes to do fulfill it!)

So best mind one's p's & q's :tongue:

And when bad stuff happens to you, just remember this verse and the fulfillment of a long ago past karma you are just now linking up with.

It happened to me, only I had a dream that explained it to me otherwise, with Mercury in Capricorn, I actually needed the script handed to me. :w00t:

Opal

Premium Member
I've not met anyone since my late mother in law who use to quote bible & verse, lol. So I usually look up the quote such as this one:

Matthew 5:18.

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

This sounds to me like he is reminding us, our karma will be due, and one will NOT pass from that Law (of karma), till "all is fulfilled".
(even if it takes 1,000 lifetimes to do fulfill it!)

So best mind one's p's & q's :tongue:

And when bad stuff happens to you, just remember this verse and the fulfillment of a long ago past karma you are just now linking up with.

It happened to me, only I had a dream that explained it to me otherwise, with Mercury in Capricorn, I actually needed the script handed to me. :w00t:

hahaha, yeah, see ya next time sister, pretty sure I will be back, and next time, could we both be somewhere warm, not too far down:biggrin:

Opal

Premium Member
You admitted you haven't read the book of Romans. How are you reading the Bible ''again''? In your ignorance you seem to have no way of checking what others tell you as true.

Wow, you really are a piece of work. I am glad you have had the time to sit around reading the bible, and yet, with all that time you spent reading the good book you are still not very enlightened or enlightening. Did you judge my ignorance all by yourself, or did your God speak to you?

leomoon

Oh, if only I had time left ....I'd likely read this one TOO! :devil:

As it is, my plate is sooooo full right now - maybe later.:whistling:

https://www.christianbook.com/reading-bible-again-for-first-time/marcus-borg/9780060609191/pd/09193Reading the Bible Again For the First Time: Taking the ...

https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Bible-Again-First-Time/dp/0060609192https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=borg+on+reading+the+bible+for+the+first+time#
In Reading the Bible Again for the First Time, Borg reveals how it is possible to reconcile a scientific and critical way of thinking with our deepest spiritual needs, leading to an insightful experience of ancient text. This unique book invites every reader—whatever his or her religious background—to engage the Bible, to wrestle with its meaning, to explore its mysteries, and to understand its relevance

petosiris

Banned
Wow, you really are a piece of work. I am glad you have had the time to sit around reading the bible, and yet, with all that time you spent reading the good book you are still not very enlightened or enlightening. Did you judge my ignorance all by yourself, or did your God speak to you?

How can you lack the time to read an epistle (which are the shortest books in the Bible), but you have time to read 300 pages of modern liberal nonsense? Prof. Borg doubts the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1h0tk2Pss

''If then the Saviour said this, and proclaimed salvation to the soul alone, what new thing, beyond what we heard from Pythagoras and Plato and all their band, did He bring us? But now He has come proclaiming the glad tidings of a new and strange hope to men. For indeed it was a strange and new thing for God to promise that He would not keep incorruption in incorruption, but would make corruption incorruption. But because the prince of wickedness could in no other way corrupt the truth, he sent forth his apostles (evil men who introduced pestilent doctrines), choosing them from among those who crucified our Saviour; and these men bore the name of the Saviour, but did the works of him that sent them, through whom the name itself has been spoken against.'' - Justin Martyr on the Resurrection - https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0131.htm

I didn't mean to judge you, but to prod you to read it for yourself. I don't consider myself enlightened or enlightening, but I boast of the Lord who is all-knowing and who enlightened the authors of the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit. For they didn't speak from themselves.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
How can you lack the time to read an epistle (which are the shortest books in the Bible), but you have time to read 300 pages of modern liberal nonsense? Prof. Borg doubts the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1h0tk2Pss

I read what interests me, when it interests me. I work a lot. I do volunteer work a lot. Borg is a very important writer theologically, historically.

Those that adhere to a strict Christian dogma, should stick to the bible.

''If then the Saviour said this, and proclaimed salvation to the soul alone, what new thing, beyond what we heard from Pythagoras and Plato and all their band, did He bring us? But now He has come proclaiming the glad tidings of a new and strange hope to men. For indeed it was a strange and new thing for God to promise that He would not keep incorruption in incorruption, but would make corruption incorruption. But because the prince of wickedness could in no other way corrupt the truth, he sent forth his apostles (evil men who introduced pestilent doctrines), choosing them from among those who crucified our Saviour; and these men bore the name of the Saviour, but did the works of him that sent them, through whom the name itself has been spoken against.'' - Justin Martyr on the Resurrection - https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0131.htm

I didn't mean to judge you, but to prod you to read it for yourself. I don't consider myself enlightened or enlightening, but I boast of the Lord who is all-knowing and who enlightened the authors of the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit. For they didn't speak from themselves.

I probably will, when I get the chance. But, I am sure I will not interpret it in your manner. :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned
I am not there yet, I will let you know what I think of it when I get there.

Please do.

Borg says that the author wrote the first section as if he were speaking as Solomon.

What is your opinion on that?

I believe that king Solomon authored Proverbs, the Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes from beginning to end in their original form, and practically preserved by their Jewish custodians.

Opal

Premium Member
Please do.

I believe that king Solomon authored Proverbs, the Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes from beginning to end in their original form, and practically preserved by their Jewish custodians.

Do you believe in the precession of the equinox's? Or is the creation myth your truth?