Can someone help me with Essential Diginites...stumped

kirklandmm

Hi!
I've been trying to learn about figuring out how much "diginity" a planet has in a horary chart. It's very confusing! I've been study this for a few days and can't figure out why I'm not getting it. When I get to mutual reception I get even more confused. Some say if "they" are ruled by the sign sign rising, they are more interested but then others say its the other way around?? Can someone help clear this up for me?

Here's my take
Chart was made 11/23/2012 12:11am Kingstree, SC (USA)

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_160_is_this_really_the_end_with_b_and_i.2240.25877.gif&res=100&va=&cid=3eqfile6Iey83-u1232266286

*on my phone...no way to upload chart

Me-
Virgo Rising at 5'20
Mecury at 19'29 Scorpio - 3rd House - Retrograde

Domicile- Scorpio - Mars
Exalted - Capricorn - Saturn
Triplicity - Moon (Night Chart)
Term - Venus
Face - Sun

It looks to me that I have no dignity in this chart (not to mention cadet and retrograde, although about to go direct). Does this mean "I Love" whatever/whoever Mars is?

Him -
7th House Cusp Pisces at 5'20
Jupiter in Gemini at 12'38 - 10th - Retrograde

Domicile - Gemini - Mercury
Exhalted - Virgo - Mercury
Triplicity - Mercury (night)
Term - Jupiter
Face - Mars

I guess I'm not sure if I use what sign exhalts "us" or the house ruler? If anyone would be so kind and offer an example or two I would be very grateful!!

Thanks!
M

Frank

The only planet with good Essential Dignity in this chart is Mars, which is Exalted. Jupiter has some Essential Dignity by term, but this is negated by also being in Detriment. All other planets are Peregrine (without Essential Dignity). Saturn's condition is mitigated somewhat by a Mutual Reception by Domicile with Mars. There are also other Mutual receptions by lesser Essential Dignities to consider - Venus/Mars by Term and Mercury/Sun and Mars/Jupiter by Face.

kirklandmm

Hi Frank!

Thanks for the quick response! I'm on my phone do you know if there's a way to keep it from expiring from here?

I read your piece...it's great! I emailed the link so I can print it out later. Unfortuntley, I'm still very confused. Do the examples that I posted look correct? I guess just like everyone else here I'm visual...do you have a chart with two people that you'd be willing to use as an example to show me how it works?

kirklandmm

Thanks! Thats just about exactly what I have written down. So, in horary planets will no essential diginites have "no ability to act" correct?

Also, how do planets "feel about each other"? If I'm in Mars' rulership do "I love Mars" or does "Mars love me"? If I'm ruled by Mars and it has the most diginity is that good for my sign or just whatever it is that Mars represents?

Thanks again... :( I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding.

kirklandmm

By the way, the chart image has expired, so no one can take a look at it to comment.

This one works now

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_160_is_this_really_the_end_with_b_and_i_hr.66609.17114.gif&res=90&va=&cid=3eqfile6Iey83-u1232266286

Thanks again!! :) Your thoughts and replies are very much appreciated!

Frank

The chart is valid, with the Consideration that the Moon is slow.

The Querent (the person who asked the question) is Mercury, the Quested (what the question is about - in this case you state 7th House) is Jupiter. They are both weak by sign placement, retrograde and they don't "see" each other. Mercury is Cadent and un-aspected. Jupiter is Angular, but also un-aspected. The Moon doesn't see the Querent, but does see the quested.

Some secondary issues are in play, but that is the basis of the chart.

The answer depends on the way the question is framed and what the question is really about.

Good luck with your delineation.

kirklandmm

Wow Frank! Thanks! That was very generous of you! The question was "Is it really over" between the the 1/7th hpuse people. I'll study what you've given me along with the other link you've sent me.

However, from what I noticed it doesn't look good. Do you have any suggestions on where to look for more information on how the signs/planets "feel" about each other in regards to rulership, triplicity, term, etc? I'm not getting it. I'm don't know if the person feels the other person dignities or if they feel their own dignities?

Thank you again!