Chain Symbols. Ask Question Before Clicking Here!!!!!!

Arian Maverick

I read a few days ago on Lynda Hill's website about this idea of using the Sabian Symbols in correlation with numerology. (yes, Beth, this a new idea for you, well worth delving into...).
Take one's name, sum up all letters and read the Sabian Symbol associated with that resulted number.

Sweet! I think it's time for a new board :mrgreen:

Aquarian Maverick

Draco

Okay,

Let's get the chain symbols going again.

To refresh, I will leave a randomly generated symbol here, and the next person who comes to view this thread after me, describes how it is that this symbol was meant for them and how it applies to their life.

That person then generates a symbol and leaves it behind for the next person, who then leaves a symbol behind themselves for the next person and so on. Next time you come to the thread, before you come in, then think of a question, and see what symbol has been left behind.

Okay,

This is the symbol intended for the next person:

LIBRA 27: A AIRPLANE SAILS, HIGH IN THE BRIGHT, CLEAR SKY.

You probably feel that you are above the situation and are being carried beyond this to something completely new. You can sail above issues and avoid more mundane problems. Calm, objective observation will reveal a lot to you now. Don't, however, get so far above things that you feel removed entirely from reality. This won't help when you need to employ down-to-earth solutions.

Positive: Transcending difficulties. Optimism that knows no bounds. Having a bird's eye view of things. Airplanes, birds, flight.

Negative: Difficulty in seeing the true details of what's going on. Escape from reality.

Draco :wink:

johan

This one is for me!!!!

In about two weeks I will fly for the first time in my life (to Poland).
What will it be for me:eek:ptimism that knows no bounds or escape from reality?Probably both!

The next one:
A master instructing his disciple.
19º Pisces

EvilPixyScorp

That's for me?
Hmm....

I always get taught when I come on this board, and try best to help
others...I've been reading ALOT the past few days on message boards, digging for all info on certain pharmacuticals, an alien topic to me!
Wish I had could find my "Master" on the topic.

Next lucky winner is :
A CHUBBY LITTLE RICH BOY RIDES UPON A HOBBYHORSE
You may feel that you are doing what is necessary, but it is probably not quite the real thing. This is more like a training situation and will lead to greater ability in the future. Keep up the practice and the play, one day you're going to have to prove yourself in a more rigorous, demanding situation.
Protected practice. Imaginative play. Going on and on about something.
The Caution: Being spoilt and shallow. Only doing what one wants without considering the consequences for others.

Draco

Pixy,

How strange than symbol Pisces 19 was generated for you. Do you remeber Amzolts post, 'Research Project, or is There Already an Answer?'.

In this thread, Amzolt says about when he watched the Moon and Venus rise, and that the Moon was at Pisces 20, and Venus at Pisces 18, and discussed what the symbols might mean in relation to what he was thinking about.

I came back to suggest that it might be good to consider Pisces 19, as the middle symbol between the two.

The symbol I quoted differs, and is:

"The young man and the old one have walked many miles but as master and pupil they neither are fatigued."

Perhaps you should re-read this thread? You are being drawn back to it for some reason. As I remeber, there is only Radu, Amzolt, you and I that have commented upon it so far.

Before I clicked on the thread, my question was, 'How do I do as an astrologer?', so I was intrigued to read for the symbol you generated:

You may feel that you are doing what is necessary, but it is probably not quite the real thing. This is more like a training situation and will lead to greater ability in the future. Keep up the practice and the play, one day you're going to have to prove yourself in a more rigorous, demanding situation.

How much sense this makes. It describes perfectly my current level of study, and the promise of future development, into such times at which I will have enough knowledge and experience to 'prove myself in a more rigourous, demanding situation'.

Okay, here's the next one:

AQUARIUS 7: A CHILD BORN OUT OF AN EGG.

This Symbol signifies finding new ways of doing things. Make sure you have the needed materials and resources to nourish this new beginning. Your desire to find a unique way will give you the ability to find new paths and a new emergence.

Positive: Transmutation. Birth of a whole new creative original impulse. Expressions of self in a whole new light. Incubated ideas coming to fruition.

Negative: Being different only to follow fashion. Spoilt and naive attitudes.

Draco :wink:

Mary

Great thread!

Actually I was wondering how to emancipate...

Aquarius gave me te answer.

The next one:

TAURUS 3
NATURAL STEPS UP TO A LAWN BLOOMING WITH CLOVER

A time of fulfillment is close, but there is still some small effort to be made. Keep going the way you are, following your natural intuition, and you will find the peace you have in sight.
Hopefulness. Inspirational possibilities. Gradually enlarging one's vision. Harmony. Abundance. Nourishment.

The Caution: Looking for the easy way out. Not making the effort to find what is just a few steps away.

Good Luck!

Howl

Well this is intriguing. I only discovered the Sabian Oracle today. I've been doing much discovering recently!

So, for me we have

TAURUS 3
NATURAL STEPS UP TO A LAWN BLOOMING WITH CLOVER

Sounds pretty good. Well, right now I am (not) writing an essay. You may have noticed that I've been around the forum quite a bit recently. It's the end of semester, and my last, and largest, assignment is looming. I'm finding it *incredibly* difficult to concentrate, simply because I'm so close, and I've worked so damned hard (there's a grand cross in fixed signs in my solar return this year, with saturn in the third house, it's natal placement :) )

So. The time for fulfillment IS close. The effort left IS small in comparison to the amount I have already expended. These ARE the last few steps to a blooming expanse of free time and revelry in my achievements. BUT, I still have to take those steps! Argh!

For the next person, I leave:

Dancing couples crowd the barn in a harvest festival.
22º Gemini

Ok, well to me this is all about twos :) the 22nd degrees, couples of two, gemini the twins. At the time of harvest, life busy with coupling, with the abundance of combining energies, with the buzz of interaction and the energy of seeing yourself through the eyes of another. On the upside, it's speaking of gains in creativity, energy, cycles of recycling energy.

Possible downside, being caught in only what you see through others. Optimism and energy fuelled by lack of foresight. The end of the harvest season will come; remember to look beyond your immediate environment and those that immediately surround you.

pwadm

Staff member
Howl said:
For the next person, I leave:

Dancing couples crowd the barn in a harvest festival.
22º Gemini
Thanks Howl - I asked about a relationship - this is just perfect :D

Here you go, whoever you are:

BLACK AND WHITE CHILDREN PLAYING HAPPILY TOGETHER.
= Sabian Symbol for 4º Virgo

Howl

Greetings again, sabain chain symbol friends!

I asked for you to tell me more about the parade of rewarding, self confirming and fortunate events marching into my life.

To me, black and white children playing happily together suggest resolution of superficial difference, a very natural, unassuming and creative harmony.

Further, virgo implies the ability to get things done in a constructive fashion. Perhaps this symbol reflects the efforts I've made towards self integration, towards getting all my 'parts' to work together happily, and owning all of my energies (black and white reminds me of the self/shadow division). I am able to function constructively when parts of my conscious and unconscious interact harmoniously.

For the next intrepid sabian adventurer, I leave:

A woman entering a convent.
24º Capricorn

Last edited:

Elianah

Hmm....sequestered and no speaking....

For the next person:

MOON-LIT FIELDS, ONCE BABYLON, ARE BLOOMING WHITE.
Sabian Symbol for 0º Pisces

Elianah

Howl

I'm becoming a regular customer here :D It feels more natural trusting another person to have left the symbol I need than it does waiting while the web browser loads ;)

Job interview with AusAID, the Australian government overseas aid agency, in twelve hours (and also, meeting a certain someone afterwards)...the question is:

What do I need to do to win this?

Sounds like a funny question in retrospect, but it's what I'm thinking :) All that comes to me is beauty. Fields blooming white beneath the moonlight...purity, sweet surprise, feminine, reclaimed, secret startling beauty. Going to have to think about this one!! Love it though.

On the 0 degree theme, we have:

A daughter of the american revolution.
0º Leo

milkywaygirl

ok well after consulting the sabian meaning of this symbol:

120__(30°)
A LADY OF ARISTOCRATIC DESCENT PROUDLY ADDRESSES A CLUB The will and ability to maintain a social supremacy based on thoroughly established tradition. Inner or outer aristocracy.
___*When positive, the degree is an infectious pride in leadership through which a group is able to act as a unit, and when negative, the ultimate betrayal of selfhood by a false assumption of superiority.

i realized that duhh i have jupiter at 0deg leo!

when i initially read "daughter of the american revolution" i identified with it as since i've gotten back from cuba with my mind full of abstract thoughts i've been talking to a lot of people about said thoughts and they have been responding to me. (us revolution symbolized to me: a new order, a new system, and the evolution of the old into the new) i worry that i may come off as preachy or that people dont want to hear what i have to say (or that i'm just talking out of my ass), so i am careful as to when i bust out my philosophical thoughts, but i keep on meeting new people and the conversation inevitably shifts to the esoteric naturally and then all of a sudden i'm kind of spewing out all this stuff, half the time i dont even know where its coming from! it feels raelly good and natural to me to talk about this stuff to people, and the people i talk to are always so open to what i have to say and want to hear more, but i am afraid to come off as a kook or weirdo.

so i guess this symbol is a bit of a reassurance to me that i am not in fact insane :)

i wish it had some relevance to my more pressing issue of Finding A Job though!!!

maybe i can philosophize my way into one hahaha

Arian Maverick

Of course I would receive an Aries symbol! :D

I do not wish to reveal my question, but I believe this description is quite fitting:

26__(26°)
A MAN, BURSTING WITH THE WEALTH OF WHAT HE HAS TO GIVE Supreme endowment, and inexhaustibilty of resources in all possible life realms. Sometimes obsession by potentiality.

___*When positive, the degree is an uncompromising independence and an inexhaustible drive toward self-discovery, and when negative, an obsession by ideas of no practical worth.

Here is the next symbol:

Light breaking into many colors as it passes through a prism.
29º Pisces

Oddly, Sabian references gives a much different description of this degree:

359__(29°)
SCIENTIST IS MAKING TESTS BY MEANS OF SPECTRUM-ANALYSIS Capacity of mind to transfer its power to machinery. Enlargement of perception. A closing-in of vision. Subtle analysis.

___*When positive, the degree is exceptional accomplishment through judgement of unusual accuracy, and when negative, fatuous pride of intellect.

Arian Maverick

Howl

Hey Arian :) I had always wondered where you got the extra interpretation, and had never gotten around to asking. Now I know!

I asked: How can I make the people at work feel special tomorrow?

You see, I'm still somewhat new, and I sometimes feel the need to make a good professional impression. I suspect that this feeling of self-consciousness and wanting to appear impressive actually draws away from the natural warmth I have for the place and the people in it. Too much effort spent hoping to live up to expectation means that you don't notice other people :rolleyes: and that isn't what I want.

Hah, listen to me, I really am a cancer ascendant. I'm often in denial of that fact :p . This is my effort to find balance between Cappie 7H south node (other people's expectations) and Cancer 1H north node (expressing my own natural feelings). I prefer the sabian oracle quote. 'Light breaking into a prism' - the prism reminds me of my ascendant. Let it shine, baby!! hehe.

Next:

A violent storm in a canyon filled with expensive homes.
27º Cancer

A FURIOUS STORM RAGES THROUGH A RESIDENTIAL CANYON Intensification of elements necessary to arouse latent possibilities. Rising to the occasion. A descent of cosmic power.

*When positive, the degree is an enlistment of every resource in life for a heightened expression of self, and when negative, fatuous enjoyment of turmoil.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

Howl said:
Hey Arian :) I had always wondered where you got the extra interpretation, and had never gotten around to asking. Now I know!

I asked: How can I make the people at work feel special tomorrow?

You see, I'm still somewhat new, and I sometimes feel the need to make a good professional impression. I suspect that this feeling of self-consciousness and wanting to appear impressive actually draws away from the natural warmth I have for the place and the people in it. Too much effort spent hoping to live up to expectation means that you don't notice other people :rolleyes: and that isn't what I want.

Hah, listen to me, I really am a cancer ascendant. I'm often in denial of that fact :p . This is my effort to find balance between Cappie 7H south node (other people's expectations) and Cancer 1H north node (expressing my own natural feelings). I prefer the sabian oracle quote. 'Light breaking into a prism' - the prism reminds me of my ascendant. Let it shine, baby!! hehe.

Next:

A violent storm in a canyon filled with expensive homes.
27º Cancer

A FURIOUS STORM RAGES THROUGH A RESIDENTIAL CANYON Intensification of elements necessary to arouse latent possibilities. Rising to the occasion. A descent of cosmic power.

*When positive, the degree is an enlistment of every resource in life for a heightened expression of self, and when negative, fatuous enjoyment of turmoil.

i'm gonna claim this one. this kind of thing has been coming up every time i ponder this question in my mind, which i'm not going to get into here. its kind of the outcome that i want but am afraid of it at the same time. heres the next one:

The sight of an autumn leaf brings to a pilgrim the sudden revelation of the mystery of life and death.

25º Libra

starlink

Yesterday I read a post, mentioning the Sabian Symbols. I decided to look more into these symbols in order to give me more information in a birthchart or also horary chart. That's why I came to this thread and I can see that it was a long time ago since this thread was started. I think this symbol is describing my situation at the moment:
The sight of an autumn leaf brings to a pilgrim the sudden revelation of the mystery of life and death.

25º Libra
To me it means that I have come to the Autumn time of my life, a time of reflexion after many experiences I had in my life and the realization of many things, including the inevitability of difficulties, the realization that nothing is going to last, that death could be the beginning of another life and the freedom we can attain when we can let go of things.

This one is for the next person who happens to click on this thread:

Aristocratic elderly ladies drinking afternoon tea in a wealthy home.
27º Virgo

This looks good to me! I asked how this year would be for me.

Jones says: This is a symbol of life's maturity (yes, very appropriate in my case!) as a threshold of new discovery rather than as any canceling out of personal reality, and it empasizes the fact that each individual may pass on what he has gained and thereby have an effective continuation of himself through others.
Keyword is: Aplomb. When positive, the degree is an efficient administration of inheritance or position and a full capitalization on the opportunities of common experience and when negative, a selfish delight in special privileges of any sort.

athan

Hmmm.... My question was about my current job.
I wonder what kind of jod has a 30yr old guy among aristrocratic elderly ladies drinking afternoon tea in a wealthy home. Hmmm.....

Thank you Starlink

Here's another for the next person:
A CROWDED PUBLIC MARKET PLACE(pisces 1*)

tricky raven

AQUARIUS 7: A CHILD BORN OUT OF AN EGG.

This Symbol signifies finding new ways of doing things. Make sure you have the needed materials and resources to nourish this new beginning. Your desire to find a unique way will give you the ability to find new paths and a new emergence.

Positive: Transmutation. Birth of a whole new creative original impulse. Expressions of self in a whole new light. Incubated ideas coming to fruition.

Negative: Being different only to follow fashion. Spoilt and naive attitudes.

This symbol is so fitting to my question. Suffering from an illness I've not been able to do the things I did before. I have been in a quandry of what new things to do. I think this symbol has to do with focussed concentration, self confidence as well as a lot of patience and perseverance. It takes time to find one's way out of dark and into the light...one can become quite restless and uncertain when it will happen.

We all have inner struggles and conflicting voices that pull us back from reaching our goal. But somehow a guiding force a pulse gets our wheels in motion, urging us to venture into the unknown. Passionately showing up in life, we are proclaiming, here I am. What an awakening!! Once out into the world we will be joined by others and together encourage and support each other.

So this symbol is telling me to be patient, not to panic or feel any self-doubt. I think it's also about taking time to listen to intuitive messages, hunches, thought and feelings. Our part is to put into motion what our intuition is telling us. We'll know we're on the right track when synchronicities start happening in our life.

ravenstar

Here's what was chosen for the next person

SAGITTARIUS 6
A GAME OF CRICKET

This is a time when it is not the game that is important, but how it is played. You may find that your integrity is vital in this situation and your honesty will give you just rewards, even if there is some initial sacrifice. Careful team work is needed to stop things getting through the gaps. Although the situation may take some time, everyone must keep on their toes.
Playing by the rules. Stiff upperlip responses. Seeing through the illusions of what constitutes "polite society". Sportsmanship.
The Caution: Difficulty in showing one's true feelings and emotions.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Sag 6 a game of Cricket. LOL how wonderfully appropriate.

In a life where I am always the bride and never the bride's maid... I asked if I would "marry" again. (Watch out Liz Taylor, I am gaining on you) Yeah, I recently have been mulling over how I really need to be sure to play by the rules from here on out.

For the next person:
5º Pisces
A church bazaar

TK

Hey Tricky Raven, where did you get the meanings from?

tricky raven

wintersprite1 said:
Sag 6 a game of Cricket. LOL how wonderfully appropriate.

In a life where I am always the bride and never the bride's maid... I asked if I would "marry" again. (Watch out Liz Taylor, I am gaining on you) Yeah, I recently have been mulling over how I really need to be sure to play by the rules from here on out.

For the next person:
5º Pisces
A church bazaar

TK

Hey Tricky Raven, where did you get the meanings from?

Hi wintersprite1,

To answer your question, it was my own interpretation of the symbol. Sometimes I can be totally off the mark, if that's so, I'd appreciate others guidance. I just kinda get a visual of the symbol and write down what I see.

As far as 5% pisces, a church bazaar, this is another symbol that speaks to me as well.

I'm quite a hermit, keeping to myself alot of the time. Although this has given me the opportunity to explore life philosophically, it has also distanced me from communicating and being with others.

Pisces 5 seems quite sociable and friendly, participating and actively performing a service for a specfic clan, family or community. A time of show and tell. It also seems to be connected with alot of creativity and artistic possibilities.......a bazaar is an expression of a variety of talents all coming together. When we lovingly, compassionately share with others, we receive the same in return. And emotionally we feel a sense of contentment through some kind of creative and spiritual involvement.

In a church, there are certain rules that must be followed as well as a great deal of refinement and hanging on to old rules and traditions. Not quite my cup of tea, since my tendency is to bulk at tradition. But I also know we need rules to help maintain order in our society.

The power behind the making of a bazaar requires a group of people who have the ability to list, catalogue, assemble, rearrange and have everything available for the artisans to display their wares in an orderly way. Their minds are always clicking, organizing and coming up with one great idea after another. The problem can sometimes be overanalysing and becoming so immersed in it, they can't see the forest for the trees. Then it all becomes overwhelming.

A bazaar put together with intuition and skill will make it appealing to the public who will be able to slowly flow through its maze of many treasures and be aware and receptive of everyone and everything.

I have been thinking of volunteering and helping out in my community. This could help push me out of my 'comfort zone' and be very healing as well.

For some reason I couldn't get on the sabian symbol site by Lynda Hill. Here's what came up from the sabian oracle from another site.

Leo 14,
The Human Soul Awaiting Opportunity for Expression

ravenstar

Last edited: