HELLENISTIC Texts Are Applicable "In Todays World" ~ Examples Of How To

JUPITERASC

Began as a tangent from another thread as a consequence of the following post :smile:
Yeah, I have to agree with Jupiterasc on this one.
We do not live in a utopic communistic society as far as I am aware
so while everyone is ''equal'' before the law, they can be born in a poor family (subordinate)
or a very rich one (royal). Clearly there is some equality, but
there is also a lot of inequality for which the malefic placements account for.

Most Hellenistic texts use the term royal or slave metaphorically and it is left to you to decide if it is going to manifest by angularity and the rest of the chart. No astrologer thought that cookbook delineation are to be applied as some scientific fact (as it was in Babylonia), it is meant to teach one to do astrology. Not every Saturn opposition Mars will result in captivity, but some will and you realize by that logic that the configurations is unfavorable as a whole and indicative of concrete reversals and dangers to life and occupation at some point in life where they are activated as time lords. I find that sentence by Valens more helpful than modern cookbook astrology book saying that the opposition suggests a conflict of responsibility and hard-work or whatever internal state.

There are still plenty of robbers, criminals and murderers in this world. Having placements to account for them is a good thing, not a bad one. If one can see criminal tendencies, there might be some way to stop or mitigate those via astrology. Otherwise, our astrology is useless.

Btw, from time to time I do hear of temple robbers. It is not something entirely gone. If there is death by wild beasts or shipwrecks, there has to be an astrological placement in Leo or the watery signs to account for this.

There are also a lot of car accidents today, terrestrial and quadrupedal signs were already noted to relate to both wild beasts and falls, and I would consider those accidents to be related to the terrestrial images. I already gave one example of this in the other thread.

I call nativities distinguished and undistinguished. There is no difference in life today from 2000 years ago, seriously nothing new under the Sun. We just have terrestrial, winged and some cosmic ships.

People still have physical and mental appearance, have parents, siblings, have affairs, children, friendship and travel. Travel may have changed to be more safe, but there is still dangerous travel, especially in countries with war, which is also still present. People have not changed much.

petosiris

Banned
I obviously agree with the premise that the texts are not wholly applicable today, but the rationale beneath them is still the same.

Malefic placements accounts for poverty, discrimination, homelessness, violence, things that are still present around the world to a various degree. Waybread justs doubts the premise of traditional astrology of being able to predict things without nationality, gender and so on. If one country is poor and the average IQ of the population is that of mental retardation, then the average charts from that country will show intellectual retardation and poverty based on the premise of traditional astrology.

And I am not going to discuss further that with an ''astrologer'', with a sceptic who shows interest, maybe. It is an astrology forum so I do not think there is need to explain myself unless the question is technical and related to astrology.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I obviously agree with the premise that the texts are not wholly applicable today, but the rationale beneath them is still the same.

Malefic placements accounts for poverty, discrimination, homelessness, violence, things that are still present around the world to a various degree. Waybread justs doubts the premise of traditional astrology of being able to predict things without nationality, gender and so on. If one country is poor and the average IQ of the population is that of mental retardation, then the average charts from that country will show intellectual retardation and poverty based on the premise of traditional astrology.

And I am not going to discuss further that with an ''astrologer'', with a sceptic who shows interest, maybe. It is an astrology forum so I do not think there is need to explain myself unless the question is technical and related to astrology.
Certainly the rationale is the same :smile:
as for sceptics on this issue
any sceptic may commence their own separate thread
detailing their scepticism

This thread is for those interested to APPLY the basic rationale
of Hellenistic texts
to their own, as well to others charts