Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

Did the groundhog in Punx-whatever, PA didn't see its shadow? Is it sure the US east of the Rockies won't have a repeat of sub-zero temps like last week? That's when Chicago was colder than the earth's poles with -20f lows and -50f wind chill. (it's summer in the southern hemisphere).

He did not see his shadow, but apparently he has a terrible record. :tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWFtogFyTKQ

I'm glad I googled it, because this is cool.
https://ew.com/gaming/2019/02/02/groundhog-day-sequel-virtual-reality-game/

Starsareround

Hey Witchy, I hear your voice as Catherine Keener’s for some reason. I tend to attach voices to script in some strange take on synesthesia

Witchyone

Hey Witchy, I hear your voice as Catherine Keener’s for some reason. I tend to attach voices to script in some strange take on synesthesia

Hahaha! Badass! I love her, so keep thinking that.

My voice is much higher than hers, and it has a little bit of Southern twang, particularly when I get tipsy or speak to family members.

david starling

Venus has recently ingressed tropical Capricorn. In 12/12, this is a Self-Directed placement, just as in Gemini, it's Sense of Purpose.

Last edited:

david starling

Speaking of Sign-blending at the Sign-cusps, Uranos (my preferred, and legitimate, spelling-alternative to "Uranus") is within less than 2 degrees of Taurus, in Direct-motion. Using Sign-blending, that means it's still in the Sign Aries, but is garnering a fair amount of Taurian qualities to go along with those of Aries.
The "Walled-off", "On/Off" version of Sign-change makes no sense to me, either logically (because I view the Signs as a continuum), or intuitively. Houses have walls, Signs have permeable boundaries. [IMO]. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Gemini888

So, 888, how do you keep your writing schedule? Do you sit down at the same time every day? Do you write for a set time or do you have to produce a certain page or word count?
I don't really care for word counts. And I don't have a fixed schedule either because one day I may be pretty busy and the next day I may sit there doing nothing. So I look at the schedule of my current week, decide the best time for writing, and on that day it's work time. You can't imagine how much I can write during work time, because I'm completely immersed in my work then. I'm also pretty flexible with my work time. I can be sitting in the class during break time and write too. When you don't have much time in your hand you really have to find creative way to budget your time.

And as for my blog, once I finish a post, I reward myself with a break for 1 day, them I plan for my next post.

Gemini888

My friend's niece likes to write fantasy fictions. Her latest work is about a world with 12 islands called "zodiac circle", kind of like a birth chart if all the signs turn into flocks of land. So apparently each island represents a zodiac sign and the island has the same features of the sign it represents. There is also a God ruling over each island too.

For a teen fiction, it is pretty well written. But the plot isn't the strongest asset. Her protagonist lives on Aquarius island because my niece is an Aquarius. The Aqua girl then gets kidnapped by the Aquarian God because the God wants to turn her into a slave or something because she possesses the same power as the God. And this is where the story comes to a halt.

But what really cracks me up is what she think Aquarius looks like. The Aqua girl's power is pouring water on people's head, and the Aqua God can control water from a river, because, you know, Aquarius is a WATER bearer :D

I can't wait to see how the signs with absolutely no useful "power" like Gemini and Virgo can do. Oh, and also Libra. Will the God a floating scale?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Don't know how serious she is with her story, but she might get a lot of inspiration for Libra by studying the Egyptian Goddess Ma'at. Being the sign of equilibrium and balance seems to be a very powerful asset, in my mind.

Gemini - power of two/collaboration
Virgo - extreme attention to detail

A lot of advantage can be gained from those "powers"

Gemini888

What sort of sense of purpose do you see Venus in Capricorn having, in your theory or experience?
It's actually a difficult question, because Venus is the planet I can least identify with, having only an inconjunct with Jupiter. But I'm going to take a guess. Capricorn Venus wants us to value what truly worth valuing. You don't like something just because it shiny, you have to like it because it will be helpful for you in the long run. Therefore, you have to accept that finding what you truly like will take time, and you shouldn't rush things. That applies to your love life. You have to find someone who will live with you for the rest of your life, not a one-time popular kid.

conspiracy theorist

That's not a bad crack at it. But I wonder if what you're describing isn't just a general Capricorn purposefulness to the sphere of love and values, as opposed to that extra "oomph" that would make Venus specifically more purposeful in the sign of Capricorn. You could apply that interpretation to the other planets and come up with an equally purposeful interpretation related to that planets special functions.

Gemini888

Don't know how serious she is with her story, but she might get a lot of inspiration for Libra by studying the Egyptian Goddess Ma'at. Being the sign of equilibrium and balance seems to be a very powerful asset, in my mind.

Gemini - power of two/collaboration
Virgo - extreme attention to detail

A lot of advantage can be gained from those "powers"
I wish she would, since her writing is so good you can see everything as if it's really happening. My point is that she thinks of the zodiac signs way too literally. So if Aqua can control water just because its symbol is the water bearer, then Libra is likely to be a literal floating scale too. So I'm wondering what will happen when she comes to the signs whose symbols have nothing interesting.

conspiracy theorist

Is she open to suggestions or is she 100% committed to her current vision and direction of her story? She might just need a nudge in the right direction. Maybe a little scaffolding would do her some good.

Gemini888

Is she open to suggestions or is she 100% committed to her current vision and direction of her story? She might just need a nudge in the right direction. Maybe a little scaffolding would do her some good.
She's always committed to any story she writes. But she can get bored real fast. She has a large collection of abandoned stories. The way I see it, it's an outlet for her fantasy fiction love and a way for her to practice writing. I just let things go and enjoy the process :)

david starling

That's not a bad crack at it. But I wonder if what you're describing isn't just a general Capricorn purposefulness to the sphere of love and values, as opposed to that extra "oomph" that would make Venus specifically more purposeful in the sign of Capricorn. You could apply that interpretation to the other planets and come up with an equally purposeful interpretation related to that planets special functions.

Self-Direction for Venus in Cap. It's significant because Capricorn tends to follow convention. True that these various placements include interpretations related to each "planets special functions".

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Reaction formation is a psychological defense mechanism that masks the disgust for something by going in the exact opposite direction - You hate that person so everyday you always greet them with a big smile and offerings for coffee and refreshments.

Someone can be pushed to not follow convention as a result of this defense mechanism - they aren't truly self-directed.