Mars conjunct pluto in a woman's chart

Mj66

Hello Everyone,
Does anybody here have experience with this aspect in
their natal charts? I am a woman with this aspect and have anger management issues and aggression issues.
In my childhood I experience violence, physical and verbal abuse.
It has taken me most of my life to realize this aspect's impact on a person's emotional growth.
As a woman I find this a particularly difficult aspect as it seems I'm very aggressive, and it creates difficulty in intimate relationships.
Does anybody have similar experiences?
Love to hear any feedback.
Thanks!
Maria

Last edited:

anila31

Hello MJ66
I don't have it but my mother has it and she has her anger quite under control. She may rahter swallows it so it doesn't always seem to show on the outside. Of course I can't say how intensly she feels her anger. But I can speak of myself, I have an excat Mars trine Pluto and I do have anger issues. I can get so angry that I want to explode. On top of that I have a Pluto oppositie Mars transit going on right know. I definetly need to look into stragtegies how to get my anger expressed in a healthier way.

I don't know if Mars-Pluto aspects in gerneal point to violent childhood experiences and it is really bad to hear that you had to go trough this.

Generally, I can imagine that when a certain energy is heightend in our own chart as for example the Mars-Pluto-energy that this energy will draw circumstance which reflect this energy. One expression of Mars-pluto energy is violence. I believe that it is Karma. For example, I have a moon uranus conjunction and this expresses in my opionion as an urge of freedom but also as a feeling of being disconnected. This was reflected in my relationship with my family who has similar 'issues'.

How are you dealing with the Mars-Pluto aspect?

Mj66

Hi Anila,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.
It's been a struggle. I think it may be the hardest aspect for a woman to have in her natal chart.

Maria

waybread

MJ, I don't have this aspect, but a rule of modern astrology is that we either:

1. exemplify the best attrbutes of a given planetary placement,

2. exemplify its negative aspects, or

3. deny and suppress it. But the chart must manifest in some way, so then we tend to attract people who seemingly exemplify the planets' negative attributes-- and wonder why.

I think Mars-Pluto is as good for a woman as for a man. Hey-- it's 2020.

Mars rules athletes. Mars-Pluto can be the Woman Warrior. Have you tried a martial art? Taken up fencing or boxing? It would give you an outlet for all that pent-up energy and be good for your self-confidence.

Meluzina

My mother had it and she was extremely passive agressive I guess that is that secretive pluto you know what I mean? I have pluto square mars in 8th but also square sun on the other side, I get extreme "anger attacks" when I feel something is restricting me. Even if I have to hurry to catch a freakin' bus. And if someone crosses my way during that I'd do anything to hurt them. Sometimes it escalates into physical violence. It takes tremendous effort to control it and sometimes I am not able to. The best thing is avoiding these situations when I feel restricted and maximalize the space for manouvers.

Mj66

Meluzina,

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I think daily workouts or walks, plus meditation have helped in some ways with "In the moment" thinking.

The anger is real though, however now that I'm enlightened to why I experience it, I can intellectualize my behavior and emotions to some degree.

Best,
Maria

MJ, I don't have this aspect, but a rule of modern astrology is that we either:

1. exemplify the best attrbutes of a given planetary placement,

2. exemplify its negative aspects, or

3. deny and suppress it. But the chart must manifest in some way, so then we tend to attract people who seemingly exemplify the planets' negative attributes-- and wonder why.

I think Mars-Pluto is as good for a woman as for a man. Hey-- it's 2020.

Mars rules athletes. Mars-Pluto can be the Woman Warrior. Have you tried a martial art? Taken up fencing or boxing? It would give you an outlet for all that pent-up energy and be good for your self-confidence.

So glad you affirm this. My daughter has Mars-Pluto conj in 7th, capricorn, in mutual reception with Saturn who sextiles the conj from scorpio. I think if we encourage some kind of martial arts, it could be very beneficial for her. Also will help with her temper, which is huge!! I have worried about partners being violent to her, but think as its a conj in her 7th, its more how she will experience/perceive/maybe treat others herself, unfortunately for them lol!!

anila31

Meluzina's post got me thinking about power.

Even though I have the trine, I know the scenario of getting extremely angry due to cirsumstances just as described. When somene with a full shopping trolley doesn't let me go first when I have just one thing to buy I get really pissed of. It's actually small things like that.

Since Mars and pluto are related to power, an apsect between these two may confront someone with issues of power and their personal limitations of power.
I think it shows a need for power when you want to have things go your way and react with anger when circumstances get in your way. Circumstances can often give a feeling of powerlessness because the are uncontrollable. Maybe that is part of where the anger comes from. The feeling of powerlessness and helpelessness.

Meluzina's post got me thinking about power.

Even though I have the trine, I know the scenario of getting extremely angry due to cirsumstances just as described. When somene with a full shopping trolley doesn't let me go first when I have just one thing to buy I get really pissed of. It's actually small things like that.

Since Mars and pluto are related to power, an apsect between these two may confront someone with issues of power and their personal limitations of power.
I think it shows a need for power when you want to have things go your way and react with anger when circumstances get in your way. Circumstances can often give a feeling of powerlessness because the are uncontrollable. Maybe that is part of where the anger comes from. The feeling of powerlessness and helpelessness.

Yes, this exactly. My daughter definitely seems to act out if she feels powerless, and attempts to assert her will in an angry display, bringing an aggressive crisis to the family. Which, although I don't have this aspect, I can completely empathise with as I have a strong pluto.

katydid

My cousin has a tight Mars/Pluto conjunction in Leo in her 4th house. She is a very angry and bitter woman, sadly enough.

But she was never physically abusive. She was emotionally and verbally abusive to her husband and her children. In fact, they divorced and her kids chose to move in with their Dad when the courts allowed them that choice.

It is very sad. Even when family has reached out to her to try to support her and calm her down, it doesn't usually work.

Her Mars is powerful in her natal chart. It trines her Aries Sun/Mercury conjunction. That conjunction is in her 12th. I think she likes being alone? Even though she always complains about being abandoned. :sad:

waybread

So glad you affirm this. My daughter has Mars-Pluto conj in 7th, capricorn, in mutual reception with Saturn who sextiles the conj from scorpio. I think if we encourage some kind of martial arts, it could be very beneficial for her. Also will help with her temper, which is huge!! I have worried about partners being violent to her, but think as its a conj in her 7th, its more how she will experience/perceive/maybe treat others herself, unfortunately for them lol!!

A martial art where she learns discipline and skills, then faces an opponent might be really helpful. The 7th is the house of committed partnerships such as marriage, but it is also the house of "open enemies." These are the ones we know about, vs. the secret backstabbers, who belong to the 12th house.

The idea of fencing appeals to me. Maybe it will to her. But something like karate should also be beneficial.

The main thing is not to leave a hefty Mars-Pluto to its own devices, where it may simply fritter itself away in angry temper outbursts that simply alienate other people. It's better to find constructive outlets for it.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

A lot depends on the sign of Mars, not of Pluto so much, since the latter is an outer, generational planet.

Mars in Aries will make one aggressive.
Mars in Sco will make one passive-aggressive.

How ultimately Mars plays out will depend on aspects from other planets.

In a man, the aggressive part could have a more aggressively physical expression, since a man's way of thinking and body are different from a woman's biologically, and that will remain so even in the centuries to come.

A woman, today, might have more channels to vent her anger, but the way the energy plays itself in the mind, emotionally and physically will always remain different from the other gender.