šŸ‘Calling objective thinkersšŸ‘: "The Higher Mind" topic

Mikehtc13

On another post we were talking about our experiences with certain air sun, moon, rising signs and someone gave an interesting perspective on Gemini and Aquarius:

{""I agree with that. Aquas are full of themselves but they will always act democratic, they will always play at your level, on the otherside geminis will try to show that they are a level above you.

Aquas are like a higher level of gemini. ""}

So it made me curious, what are your experiences with Aquarius and Gemini souls? Do you feel that Aquarius is truly capable of being the higher mind? Or do Geminis express more of the higher mind? Granted I'm aware that we have lower and higher order beings (whether gems, Pisces, caps,etc) so naturally there will be many not living up to the potential of the sign/energy. This is not strictly sun, moon, rising sign related. These are souls having strong Gemini/Aquarius energy in their chart.
Oh and Let's try and play nice now

katydid

My daughter is a Gemini, with her Sun tightly trine her Aquarius Moon in the 3rd. She has Sag rising.

I believe the Aquarius Moon does enhance her intellect and mental processes. Sometimes she immediately reacts in a more Gemini mind of way, and gets caught up in minor upsets about tiny day to day matters. She will call me and complain about something, talk it out , and she always slowly comes to the conclusion that in 'the big scheme of things' it is not such a big deal. But she says she just needs to 'process it' first to let it go. :innocent:

conspiracy theorist

I've had a generally terrible experience with the sign Aquarius. I don't know any Geminis so I can't comment on them.

Every Aqua I've encountered has been some variation of close-minded, bigoted or just downright crazy. There is this guy in my Calculus class who just can't help himself from connecting the Math to his beloved extraterrestrials. Ok buddy, you're just "eccentric" not crazy at all.

I was debating with an Aquarius the other day and for all of their objectivity the person wouldn't stop trying to attack my character rather than my points. Being a smug Sagittarius, I just smiled and went on my merry way.

So I disagree wholeheartedly that Aquarius can even touch anything resembling "higher mental thought". LMAO please.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

My daughter is a Gemini, with her Sun tightly trine her Aquarius Moon in the 3rd. She has Sag rising.

I believe the Aquarius Moon does enhance her intellect and mental processes. Sometimes she immediately reacts in a more Gemini mind of way, and gets caught up in minor upsets about tiny day to day matters. She will call me and complain about something, talk it out , and she always slowly comes to the conclusion that in 'the big scheme of things' it is not such a big deal. But she says she just needs to 'process it' first to let it go. :innocent:

Sounds familiar lol. My Mothers similar. Your daughter sounds like her journey "may" be mercury ruled. Moon in third (house of Gemini). Sun in 7th (ruled by Gemini) or sun in 6th house (house of Virgo.)

Mikehtc13

By the way... Did her Aquarius moon give off a "reserved intellectual" energy?

sibylline

Technically speaking, Gemini is the lower mind, Sagittarius is the higher mind. Not that any one or two placements will tell you if someone is objective.

Gemini and Libra, and even Aquarius can often be very socially oriented and ditzy also; there's no way of telling how the air energy is expressed without knowing the chart and the background.

aquarius7000

On another post we were talking about our experiences with certain air sun, moon, rising signs and someone gave an interesting perspective on Gemini and Aquarius:

{""I agree with that. Aquas are full of themselves but they will always act democratic, they will always play at your level, on the otherside geminis will try to show that they are a level above you.

Aquas are like a higher level of gemini. ""}

So it made me curious, what are your experiences with Aquarius and Gemini souls? Do you feel that Aquarius is truly capable of being the higher mind? Or do Geminis express more of the higher mind? Granted I'm aware that we have lower and higher order beings (whether gems, Pisces, caps,etc) so naturally there will be many not living up to the potential of the sign/energy. This is not strictly sun, moon, rising sign related. These are souls having strong Gemini/Aquarius energy in their chart.
Oh and Let's try and play nice now
Hi,

Well, I wouldn't say Aquas are a higher level of Gemini, per se. It is too broad a statement. Given the fact that there are 12 signs only, you are mathematically labelling 1/12th of the world-population there. :andy:

I think what might perhaps be more befitting is that Uranus is the higher octave of Mercury.

Then come the various facets of the higher mind, and what you mean by it.
If you talk about 'the higher mind' in the sense of a sharp mind and a good grasping power, that often comes from Uranus-Mercury aspects on the positive side, the flip side of that being a rash/sharp tongue (often out of excitement and quick thinking). People with this aspect (unless other planetary aspects are involved) get bored easily and have concentration issues. They continually need new challenges and riddles to solve. These are the people that understand things in seconds and can already think two steps further. Unless the rest of the chart is more sanguine with, say, Saturn aspects, or planets in Taurus/Capricorn/Scorpio, these natives could be excellent students on the junior, middle school level, but will have problems as they grow because then a longer attention span is required to focus and absorb things.

Jupiter-Mercury would enhance one's thinking power quite a bit also. This person will want to consistently expand their thinking faculty with more knowledge. They could have a bent towards philosophy, and the more deep areas of life.

Saturn-Mercury will make for quite sensible and practical thinking. The slow and steady kinds. On the flip side, this can mean people that develop their speech later, some stammer in the childhood years. Saturn works its wonders normally during mid-age, or at least around/after the first Saturn return.

However, these aspects will not give a well-rounded picture about the native without considering their complete chart. You would need to see the quality of Mercury they have in terms of sign and house. You would need to see what other planets aspect that Mercury. Then what the third house and its ruler look like. Last but not the least, the two luminaries, the Sun (basic core of the native) and the Moon (emotions) have to be considered, as these will always colour the thinking of the person.

Last edited:

sibylline

I've had a generally terrible experience with the sign Aquarius. I don't know any Geminis so I can't comment on them.

Every Aqua I've encountered has been some variation of close-minded, bigoted or just downright crazy. There is this guy in my Calculus class who just can't help himself from connecting the Math to his beloved extraterrestrials. Ok buddy, you're just "eccentric" not crazy at all.

I was debating with an Aquarius the other day and for all of their objectivity the person wouldn't stop trying to attack my character rather than my points. Being a smug Sagittarius, I just smiled and went on my merry way.

So I disagree wholeheartedly that Aquarius can even touch anything resembling "higher mental thought". LMAO please.

Of course they can exhibit higher mental thought but Aquarius can also be dogmatic due to the fixed nature. This applies to all Aquarius placements, including the Moon. :happy:

Mikehtc13

@ {I've encountered has been some variation of close-minded, bigoted or just downright crazy. There is this guy in my Calculus class who just can't help himself from connecting the Math to his beloved extraterrestrials. Ok buddy, you're just "eccentric" not crazy at all.}

LmaošŸ˜‚. Oh my goodness please stop. Too accurate.

Mikehtc13

The dogmatic-ness I've also seen but surprisingly with libras more

conspiracy theorist

Of course they can exhibit higher mental thought but Aquarius can also be dogmatic due to the fixed nature. This applies to all Aquarius placements, including the Moon. :happy:

Sibyl, you give the sign too much credit. It's only a given though because you have an Aquarius Mercury. So much for objectivity.

sibylline

Sibyl, you give the sign too much credit. It's only a given though because you have an Aquarius Mercury. So much for objectivity.

No, I think any sign is capable of higher thought, not just Aqua. Trying to make any determination about objectivity from a Sun sign is mostly a useless endeavor, IMO.

HarmonE

I think it is worth mentioning that wherever the Sun is, mercury is close by. It is either in the same sign as the Sun or an adjacent one just by its close proximity. So, a Gemini Sun can only have their mercury in Taurus, Gemini or Cancer. An Aquarius Sun can only have their mercury in Pisces, Aquarius or Capricorn.

And due to this (and to a lesser extent venus) people often have their personal planets grouped together in an area of their chart. Gemini is the only air sign that is in the 'day-light is greater' half of the zodiac. This is the time from the spring equinox to the fall equinox. It is the half that best deals with the individual whereas the 'darkness is greater' half of the zodiac deals better with the collective. This is a quick explanation as to why Gemini would be considered the lower mind and Sagittarius the higher mind as Sibylline pointed out. In short its individual thinking as opposed to collective thinking.

So, Aquarius may be a bit frustrating for those that don't like things to be too rigid, and too reserved for those that don't like their traditional ruler Saturn, but they most certainly are more concerned with objective thought than Geminis. They simply cant help it, both their Sun and their mercury are in the 'darkness is greater' half of the zodiac and in tropical terms that means thinking objectively.

I personally don't think its necessarily that great to think objectively. It has its merits for sure. But as you will see, mercury rules Gemini and Virgo, both 'day-light is greater' signs. Mercury does better when it can think a little more close to home. Leave the objective thinking for Jupiter.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

I think it is worth mentioning that wherever the Sun is, mercury is close by. It is either in the same sign as the Sun or an adjacent one just by its close proximity. So, a Gemini Sun can only have their mercury in Taurus, Gemini or Cancer. An Aquarius Sun can only have their mercury in Pisces, Aquarius or Capricorn.

And due to this (and to a lesser extent venus) people often have their personal planets grouped together in an area of their chart. Gemini is the only air sign that is in the 'day-light is greater' half of the zodiac. This is the time from the spring equinox to the fall equinox. It is the half that best deals with the individual whereas the 'darkness is greater' half of the zodiac deals better with the collective. This is a quick explanation as to why Gemini would be considered the lower mind and Sagittarius the higher mind as Sibylline pointed out. In short its individual thinking as opposed to collective thinking.

So, Aquarius may be a bit frustrating for those that don't like things to be too rigid, and too reserved for those that don't like their traditional ruler Saturn, but they most certainly are more concerned with objective thought than Geminis. They simply cant help it, both their Sun and their mercury are in the 'darkness is greater' half of the zodiac and in tropical terms that means thinking objectively.

I personally don't think its necessarily that great to think objectively. It has its merits for sure. But as you will see, mercury rules Gemini and Virgo, both 'day-light is greater' signs. Mercury does better when it can think a little more close to home. Leave the objective thinking for Jupiter.

Wow this was very illuminating thank you so much.