Am I an Aries or Pisces Rising? with Photos

sunfood

Hey all. I am somewhat new here so I hope this question is not too silly.:andy: My sun is in 28 of degrees Aries and there is a bit of uncertainty around my birth hour. I was born around sunrise, maybe right after sunrise from what I can gather. But I have never been sure if my rising is in Pisces or in Aries. My mercury and mars are in Aries. Venus is in Pisces. Mon in Cap. I've attached 2 photos. Not sure how representative of my appearance they r but if you have any first impression thoughts please feel free to chime in!!!! The profile photo is because I am under the impression that broad shoulders and strong chin are an Aries RISING attribute? :innocent: Blessings!

Attachments

• sunset1a.jpg
    sunset1a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 85
  • yoga lotus.jpg
    yoga lotus.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 87

sequestra

Initially I wanted to go with aries rising due to the angularity. But it's hard to know, since your sun is there and moon in cap also helps with the bone structure. You are also pretty, so there is a good chance that venus in pisces is conjunct your ascendant. Oh also, what degree is your pisces venus? I guess there could be an out of sign conjunction too. Oh dear, this wasn't very helpful was it :lol:

I hope someone else can assist.

Carris

Hey all. I am somewhat new here so I hope this question is not too silly.:andy: My sun is in 28 of degrees Aries and there is a bit of uncertainty around my birth hour. I was born around sunrise, maybe right after sunrise from what I can gather. But I have never been sure if my rising is in Pisces or in Aries. My mercury and mars are in Aries. Venus is in Pisces. Mon in Cap. I've attached 2 photos. Not sure how representative of my appearance they r but if you have any first impression thoughts please feel free to chime in!!!! The profile photo is because I am under the impression that broad shoulders and strong chin are an Aries RISING attribute? :innocent: Blessings!
If you were born just after sunrise then its probably pisces ascendent because sun is just two degrees away from pisces. With three personal planets in aries you would be very aries like and even look like one - so we can't go by appearance alone.

How do you initially approach everything in life? With energy, aggression, impatience, gusto (aries) or with intuition, vagueness, sensitivity, confusion, patience, gentleness (pisces)?

Last edited:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I think it is difficult to say, because you have Sun in Aries, so that could also be influencing your appearance...

Are you able to attach a natal chart with approximate time, so we can see other aspects and chart placements? That might help!

I am Pisces rising, but I have broad shoulders and strong jawline...so it can be hard to determine on appearance alone. :smile:

sunfood

my venus is in 25 degrees of pisces.
oh gosh i wish it was a bit easier for me to find out as i have been so passionate about astrology for many years yet i have never been able to settle on a rising sign and therefore all my houses r off. :unsure:

sunfood

ok I hope I was able to upload my chart with the rising sign in Aries but of course it could be in pisces. i would have either a very strong 12th house or a piscean rising which makes it even harder to tell. i am very spiritual which could be either a 12th house or a pisces ascendant...

Attachments

• aries chart.jpg
    aries chart.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 32

sunfood

Carris good question. "How do you initially approach everything in life? With energy, aggression, impatience, gusto (aries) or with intuition, vagueness, sensitivity, confusion, patience, gentleness (pisces)?"
i have been known to jump into new things without thinking much. i get passionate about new things (mostly spiritual subjects though). On the other hand sometimes I am very patient and indecisive.
i can come off either loud or quiet... lol
what a mess....

Bina

Just from your photos, I would say you're Aries rising.
But it depends on how you approach life and how you show yourself to other people.
Cafe Astrology gives some good Ascendant sign descriptions:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/aries_ascendantrisingsign.html

http://www.cafeastrology.com/pisces_ascendantrisingsign.html

You can also check out the following threads on this forum with similar discussions:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17343

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48858&highlight=aries+ascendant

persephone5

Could the houses be of any help figuring it out? If you read about specific house placements--where the sun falls if rising were aries versus pisces and same for moon?

I think for some people certain house positions just "click" and make more sense. Maybe that can help one ascendant stand out from the other?

IleneK

Premium Member
If you were born just after sunrise then its probably pisces ascendent because sun is just two degrees away from pisces. With three personal planets in aries you would be very aries like and even look like one - so we can't go by appearance alone.

How do you initially approach everything in life? With energy, aggression, impatience, gusto (aries) or with intuition, vagueness, sensitivity, confusion, patience, gentleness (pisces)?

I would also ask if you could describe yourself as keenly sensitive to all around you; unable to ignore the feelings, the suffering, of all things, living or otherwise...?

sunfood

PisceanPallas
the link with the description of your? pisces rising is definitely something i am familiar with. i do feel like i lose myself in other people in social situations. i feel energies and i need a lot of time by myself so that i can get centered.
i do have a lot of the piscean qualities in my character. but i think none in my physical appearance. i do walk fast. i am very athletic and i do appear stern.
i dont like meeting a lot of new people. i am only interested in spiritual connections but that could be the capricorn moon needing substance.

if i am working or need something done i drop the shyness though.

i woukd have all my personal planets in first house if i am pisces rising so that would definitely make things less clear.
persephone5 i will start looking again at possible house positions but if i have pisces rising or strong 12th house i think i am easy to change and i definitely have a watery fluid changeable quality to me.

sunfood

Ilene thats a good question.i feel like i am very sensitive to energies and need a lot of time by myself so that i can center myself. i am definitely shy at first. (not a rule)
often i am very compassionate and non judgmental. accepting of people and their flaws.
also i have never had pisces friends. i have had many aries girlfriends and many cancer girlfriends if that helps.

sandstone

Banned
usually i don't chime in on these types of threads, but what the hay..

you are a bit of both.. i know this isn't the answer you are looking for.. my guts says you are probably aries rising, but it doesn't discount the grand water trine in your chart, with venus strong either way and in the sign pisces.. moon is directly applying to this same venus while venus applies to jupiter the trad ruler of pisces.. and, we haven't even scratched midpoint pictures which will change by the minute when involving the ascendant..

i am curious.. were you a home birth which means you have to base it on your parents memory only? if you were born in a hospital for a small fee you can find out..

from my pov, looks can be deceptive in trying to arrive at an ascendant purely on looks, unless of course you want to roll in planets aspecting onto the ascendant, and midpoint pictures which is something very few seem to do.. good luck sorting it out..

one other minor or major consideration that i wanted to mention - a women generally responds much more readily to their moon sign then there sun sign.. that is yet another astro idea for you to ponder.. sun signs aren't all they are cracked up to be, lol...

Last edited:

d00dle

your sun is below the horizon right now right before the sunrise. judging from its position, i'd say around 5:30-6:00 am. therefore, if you were born before the sunrise, you would have aries as your rising. Pisces rising is unlikely because you would have to be born around 4:30am. again, if it's after the sunrise, then you are Taurus rising.

sunfood

@ sandstone thanks for the reply. i was born in a hospital but my mom claims the clock on the wall had stopped. (she is a truth embellishing sag moon so i never bought that story) either way there is no time on my birth certificate. i will try to get a new one and see if there will be time of birth added. if i go by my moms memory i am an aries but she is not sure and i am a bit shy for an aries rising.
" planets aspecting onto the ascendant, and midpoint pictures" not sure about most other planets but- somehow i dont see myself as a vunys conjunct Asc because i see most things and superficial, and not deep enough. and venus conjunct Asc would make me much more appreciative of beauty and social activities....

sandstone

Banned
sunfood,

thanks.. pay the hospital the 25 or whatever while specifying you want the birth time included.. most hospitals keeps these records, and although they can be out some too, it is a better place to start then others memory of it.

the chart is a synthesis of many energies and factors and it is not so easy to single out a single point and say something definitive.. you may have moon squaring directly onto your ascendant which would raise the shy quota some as would a 20 degree aries exact trine to neptune at 20 sag.. an emphasis in water or earth - where your moon is, will help to do the same.. there are a lot of possibilities to rule out!

here is another way to approach it. transits.. think of the transit of saturn and what might have been happening at the time of the opposition to your natal mars, which is either the ruler of an aries ascendant or not.. was it an intense personal/relationship dynamic or something more to do with yours and another persons resources? these are some of the ideas my mind would be playing around with when trying to understand what the rising sign could be.. the more you know about astrology, the better off you will be able to answer the question for yourself! good luck working it out and hopefully the hospital helps in this regard.