Is retrograde Jupiter bad in 5th house with aries for scorpio ascendent?

kelly87

Is retrograde Jupiter bad in 5th house with aries for scorpio ascendent? Is there anything good in my chart?

Sun Libra 8°27'54 in house 11 direct
Moon Aquarius1°45'15 in house 3 direct
Mercury Scorpio 3°54'52 end of house 11 direct
Venus Libra19°12'41 in house 11 direct
Mars Virgo25°45'35 in house 10 direct
Jupiter Aries26°49'17 in house 5 retrograde
Saturn Sagittarius16°02'51in house 1 direct
Uranus Sagittarius23°06'51in house 1 direct
Neptune Capricorn5°17'27in house 2 direct
Pluto Scorpio 8°40'03 in house 12 direct
True NodeAries 2°21'44 in house 4 direct

https://imgur.com/a/HgSI229

[please attach a chart or a link to a chart - Moderator]

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Is retrograde Jupiter bad in 5th house with aries for scorpio ascendent? Is there anything good in my chart?

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

Harmelia

Kelly, you really do need to attach a chart. I will read for you if you give your birth date, time, city/country, but most people want to see a chart to comment. Ilene's short answers are right on, if that's all you needed to hear.

kelly87

Everything in my life was delayed. Got my degree late. Got my first real relationship late at age 29 I am still with him though.

JUPITERASC

Does jupiter retrograde in 5th house make me stupid when it comes to relationships ? 😞
tens of hundreds of millions of people worldwide
have Jupiter retrograde in 5th house

and yet are not "....stupid when it comes to relationships..." :smile:

i.e. the entire chart requires consideration
otherwise it's simply random generalisation
which is fun, but notoriously unreliable

Harmelia

Here's my chart: https://imgur.com/a/HgSI229

Please read :):biggrin:

Hello Kelly,
Generally, retrograde planets don't have any more negativity than planets going direct. Planets and signs all have positive and negative qualities - and most people have some of both - or I should say - do some of both. As we grow in our lives, we want to strive to express the positive qualities of each sign and planet.

Retrograde planets tend to be more reflective and inward. Direct planets tend to be more outward and accomplishing. Because a planet is more reflective in retrograde, doesn't mean that ultimately it inhibits accomplishment. In order to be successful, sometimes we need to reflect upon "things" - be it our personality traits or what works and doesn't work in the way we are going about accomplishing. Jupiter R in Aries in the 5th house is about your self-identity and creative self-expressing. It is focused on your need for independence and to follow your own impulses. Aries acts from the inside out without need for affirmation or support from others. You need to reflect upon that - cultivate and assimilate the Aries in you.

I will list retrograde Jupiter qualities below and perhaps you will relate to some of it.

• highly philosophical and meditative
• psychologically attuned and insightful
• outwardly withholding but inwardly expansive
• attuned to inner meanings and purpose, self-guiding
• non-materialistic, seeks inner wealth
• develops own attitudes and belief systems
• alternately overly optimistic or pessimistic
• inward expansion, weight gain or incorporating tendencies
• socially reclusive, prefers one's own company
• rejects conventional and parental belief systems

You mention delays. Saturn is often the culprit of delays. I have Saturn in the first house like you, and I have read that this causes a person to mature slowly into what it is they want to do. It certainly is true for me. I'm 70 now and doing exactly what I've worked hard to do, but it took many years to get here. The thing is though - what I've accomplished does take quite a long time for anyone to accomplish. Saturn will keep you at it until you arrive at your goals. Big goals require more time.

I agree with JupiterASC - Jupiter R in Aries 5th house, cannot make you stupid in relationships - but it can make you impulsive in relationships - Aries can leap right in without getting to know people first. Your Scorpio ASC should make you more cautious though. If it's any consolation, I think we're all just a little stupid in relationships.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Everything in my life was delayed.
Got my degree late.
Got my first real relationship late at age 29
I am still with him though.

In ancient astrology the method
for determining the ruler of the chart was much more complex.

There are references to the MASTER OF THE NATIVITY in many
surviving astrological texts from Hellenistic astrology tradition,
but not many surviving discussions about how to calculate it.

The approach in this lecture is derived from chapter 30
of Porphyry's Introduction to the Tetrabiblos
which is itself derived from
a lost work of definitions by Antiochus of Athens.

How to calculate the predominator (epikratētōr)
the master of the nativity (oikodespotēs geneseōs)
the co-master or joint master of the nativity (sunoikodespotēs)
and the lord of the nativity (kurios).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo8gXjDEQmM&t=3470s

JUPITERASC

Hello Kelly,
Generally, retrograde planets don't have any more negativity than planets going direct. Planets and signs all have positive and negative qualities - and most people have some of both - or I should say - do some of both. As we grow in our lives, we want to strive to express the positive qualities of each sign and planet.

Retrograde planets tend to be more reflective and inward. Direct planets tend to be more outward and accomplishing. I will list retrograde Jupiter qualities below and perhaps you will relate to some of it.

<div> • highly philosophical and meditative

You mention delays. Saturn is often the culprit of delays. I have Saturn in the first house like you, and I have read that this causes a person to mature slowly into what it is they want to do. It certainly is true for me. I'm 70 now and doing exactly what I've worked hard to do, but it took many years to get here. The thing is though - what I've accomplished does take quite a long time for anyone to accomplish. Saturn will keep you at it until you arrive at your goals. Big goals require more time.

I believe I've answered your main question. Did you have other questions about your chart?
Much of Saturn's astrological interpretation can be traced
to its astronomical appearance and movement :smile:
As the outermost planet
extremes and boundaries of any kind fall under its influence
from mundane significations
ranging from gateposts, doors
thresholds and walls
international borders
skins
leather
teeth, bones, nails and hair
to the signification of personal limits imposed by fear, self-doubt
weakness
and lack of resource.
Deborah Houlding

kelly87

Hello Kelly,

Retrograde planets tend to be more reflective and inward. Direct planets tend to be more outward and accomplishing. Because a planet is more reflective in retrograde, doesn't mean that ultimately it inhibits accomplishment. In order to be successful, sometimes we need to reflect upon "things" - be it our personality traits or what works and doesn't work in the way we are going about accomplishing. Jupiter R in Aries in the 5th house is about your self-identity and creative self-expressing. It is focused on your need for independence and to follow your own impulses. Aries acts from the inside out without need for affirmation or support from others. You need to reflect upon that - cultivate and assimilate the Aries in you.

I will list retrograde Jupiter qualities below and perhaps you will relate to some of it.

• highly philosophical and meditative

I agree with JupiterASC - Jupiter R in Aries 5th house, cannot make you stupid in relationships - but it can make you impulsive in relationships - Aries can leap right in without getting to know people first. Your Scorpio ASC should make you more cautious though. If it's any consolation, I think we're all just a little stupid in relationships.

The relation I am in now I hope to stay with him forever.

I am graduating with master's NP specialization. I will be able to diagnose and prescribe medications in USA next year. It is going good. I think that my future will be sound when it comes to career and money.

But I was thrown out of college once just 2 months before graduation when I was getting my associates, just because of one professor. I had to repeat two years of stuff again. It was difficult.

I am always worried about relationships. The last relationship I had was with a guy living in India. I left him after I found out that he was doing drugs in a rave party and then later I found out he was sleeping with 5 or 6 women. I simply did not like him I guess. I never seen the guy in person thats why I won't call it a relationship..

The relationship I have now ...the guy is from california. We actually get to meet each other every 30 to 45 days. Text each other every two hours but still I am always worried about my future with him. When I read about retrograde jupiter it freaked me out and gave me too much anxiety..

Delays do not bother me that much... it was difficult to get through education...

kelly87

In ancient astrology the method
for determining the ruler of the chart was much more complex.

There are references to the MASTER OF THE NATIVITY in many
surviving astrological texts from Hellenistic astrology tradition,
but not many surviving discussions about how to calculate it.

The approach in this lecture is derived from chapter 30
of Porphyry's Introduction to the Tetrabiblos
which is itself derived from
a lost work of definitions by Antiochus of Athens.

How to calculate the predominator (epikratētōr)
the master of the nativity (oikodespotēs geneseōs)
the co-master or joint master of the nativity (sunoikodespotēs)
and the lord of the nativity (kurios).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo8gXjDEQmM&t=3470s

Much of Saturn's astrological interpretation can be traced
to its astronomical appearance and movement :smile:
As the outermost planet
extremes and boundaries of any kind fall under its influence
from mundane significations
ranging from gateposts, doors
thresholds and walls
international borders
skins
leather
teeth, bones, nails and hair
to the signification of personal limits imposed by fear, self-doubt
weakness
and lack of resource.
Deborah Houlding

".....When a planet is in the interval of first station to second station

i.e. retrograde :smile:

the planet is not fit to conduct its business
because
it is described as “walking backwards”..."

THE ANTHOLOGY
Vettius Valens https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

I will go over what you suggested tonight for sure... :happy:

Osamenor

Staff member
Does jupiter retrograde in 5th house make me stupid when it comes to relationships ? 😞

How are you stupid when it comes to relationships?

You've been with your partner for four years, if my math is correct. How is that stupid about relationships?

Jupiter does a lot of heavy lifting in your chart. It's a singleton. The only planet in its quadrant. The only planet in the western hemisphere, in fact. So it does all the work of that side of the chart, by itself. And it's in aspect with most of the rest of your chart. Mostly dynamic aspects, the square and opposition, and a tight quincunx to Mars, but it does have a nice trine to Uranus. And two of those hard aspects (the square to Moon and opposition to Mercury) are out of sign, which softens them somewhat.

Do you find that luck just tends to come your way, unexpectedly, sometimes? And perhaps not know what to do with it when it does?

kelly87

How are you stupid when it comes to relationships?

You've been with your partner for four years, if my math is correct. How is that stupid about relationships?

Jupiter does a lot of heavy lifting in your chart. It's a singleton. The only planet in its quadrant. The only planet in the western hemisphere, in fact. So it does all the work of that side of the chart, by itself. And it's in aspect with most of the rest of your chart. Mostly dynamic aspects, the square and opposition, and a tight quincunx to Mars, but it does have a nice trine to Uranus. And two of those hard aspects (the square to Moon and opposition to Mercury) are out of sign, which softens them somewhat.

Do you find that luck just tends to come your way, unexpectedly, sometimes? And perhaps not know what to do with it when it does?
Yes, it does all the time.
My family has been super supportive. Everybody loves me a lot.
I kind of always feel that my all wishes will always come true.
At times, in studies, people just send me study guides to read on. I feel like i have more than enough at times.
At work, people keep giving me food.
I kind of feel that i was born in a family where everybody is more mature than me.
Whem it comes to boyfriend, he is more good-looking than I am.
I hope and wish to stay with him forever.
My family kinda does all the work for me. Even my younger brother is more mature than me I feel.
I just got scared when i read jupiter retrograde meaning over the internet.
I always have more than enough money.
I have not tried much luck with gambling because it is the bad thing to do. I do it for fun very rarely at times.
I really wanna end up marrying the boyfriend. This jupiter retrograde thing should not bring anything bad i hope.
I said No to my boyfriend a couole of times at first years back But after I broke up with my ex, I asked to meet him(the current one), i felt like he was just sitting there without any girlfriend.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Jupiter is the main luck factor in our charts. Uranus is the unexpected, out of the blue. I'm not surprised you get luck out of the blue on a regular basis, because that's a perfect melding of Jupiter and Uranus. Perfect manifestation of the trine!

In his book The Inner Sky, Steven Forrest says this about what Jupiter retrograde in a birth chart brings: “Deeply rooted inner faith. May produce a very serious exterior. May inhibit emotional openness.” Nothing about luck or lack thereof.

If you've found any astrologer saying Jupiter retrograde inhibits luck, please share; I'd love to debunk them! I've never heard of any reputable astrologer saying any such thing, and I've never found it to be true.

kelly87

Jupiter is the main luck factor in our charts. Uranus is the unexpected, out of the blue. I'm not surprised you get luck out of the blue on a regular basis, because that's a perfect melding of Jupiter and Uranus. Perfect manifestation of the trine!

In his book The Inner Sky, Steven Forrest says this about what Jupiter retrograde in a birth chart brings: “Deeply rooted inner faith. May produce a very serious exterior. May inhibit emotional openness.” Nothing about luck or lack thereof.

If you've found any astrologer saying Jupiter retrograde inhibits luck, please share; I'd love to debunk them! I've never heard of any reputable astrologer saying any such thing, and I've never found it to be true.
Thanks for saying that 🤗
I will surely do that. My mind is at peace now. Thank-you :)

kelly87

What about rahu and jupiter retro being together in 5th house?

[Once again, merged duplicate threads and deleted duplicate posts. Please do not make the same post more than once! - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: