Rulership Question: planets that rule benefic and malefic house?

Venusmagic89

One thing that puzzles me a bit is when planets ruling 2 houses- one is a benefic house and the other dustana how would this planet be interpreted?
(For benefic houses I mean 1st, 5th, 9th and for Malefic houses I mean 6th, 8th, 12th)

I'm especially curious about the ones where the 1st ruler also rules Dustana house. Would you still consider this planet benefic since its ruling 1st?

Aries ASC, Mars rules 1st and 8th
Tau ASC Venus rules 1st and 6th
Gem ASC Saturn rules 8th and 9th
Can ASC Jupiter rules 6th and 9th
Leo ASC Jupiter rules 5th and 8th
Virgo ASC Saturn rules 5th and 6th
Libra ASC Venus rules 1st and 8th
Sco ASC Mars rules 1st and 6th
Sag ASC Mars rules 5th and 12th
Cap ASC mercury rules 6th and 9th
Aqu ASC Mercury rules 5th and 8th
Pis ASC is only ASC with no rulers of good houses also ruling strongly bad houses.

(except for Piscses ASC- having Mars rule 2nd and 9th, but 2nd isn't really a malefic house. and Saturn ruling 11th and 12th- where 11th isnt that benefic house wise)

Would it's status depend more on the sign placement, aspects It makes, and its binniashtakvarga score for each house , it being stronger in whichever house/sign it has more points?

And say for example, one determined the rulership more strong for the benefic house, making the planet in question functional benefic ruling a dustana house, and what kind of impact would that have? More positive aspects of the dustana house to fructify?
And also if one determined the planets rulership of dustana was stronger, what affect would this have on the trikon house? A very troubled life? Especially if that house is 1st house?

Any one have any opinions on this?

Last edited: