Several conjunctions in the composite...statistically common?

PCM

Hi All,

Just looking at me and my partners composite chart and would like some thoughtful insight. Please please no links. Anyway, upon first glance, there are numerous conjunctions, Sun, Mercury, Mars, Uranus (all conjunct at Sagittarius 15) in the 11th house. Statistically speaking, is it more common to find several conjunctions in a composite chart as compared to a natal chart? There's also a conjunction between venus and neptune in the 12th.

As far as my own interpretation of it, there seems to be a dominant aquarian/uranus and sagittarian/jupiter overtone, (Jupiter conjunct Aquarius Asc, Chart ruler Uranus conjunct 3 planets in Sagittarius as mentioned previously) which I interpret it to suggest a very changeable, expansive, and atypical relationship. Here's the thing, as individuals, looking at our own individual charts, we are very independent and open to many things (we both did the peace corps and met overseas). Now, after being in a relationship together for a couple of years living back in the US, we find ourselves to be very much "homebodies". We don't go out as much and we genuinely do enjoy spending many hours just the two of us together.

When I look at the composite, I see a relationship that is always out and about exploring the world and being very much social, but that doesn't seem to match our reality. Does the composite signify the needs of the relationship? I.e. that travel and being actively social is necessary for our relationship to thrive? (which honestly to me sounds a bit superficial..so if anyone has a more thorough interpretation of these aspects that would be great)

I've studied astrology for quite some time and I've always been apprehensive in interpreting the composite. So would love to hear thoughts.

Attachments

• compositeDB.jpg
    compositeDB.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 54
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
  • BK.jpg
    BK.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 40

dr. farr

I think that compoisites symbolize the net interactions of the 2 people AS A UNIT; each has a seperate horoscope, with its own seperate trends, tendencies, and so on; but when we combine the fields of each person as a unit (ie, acting in unison with eachother, as a couple) then I think the composite illustrates this blending and often does describe their relationship AS A RELATIONSHIP (as a "combination", as a unity of energies), while each will of course retain there own unique individual horoscopic profile AS AN INDIVIDUAL SEPERATE FROM that relationship...

pcm

Just looking at me and my partners composite chart and would like some thoughtful insight. Please please no links. Anyway, upon first glance, there are numerous conjunctions, Sun, Mercury, Mars, Uranus (all conjunct at Sagittarius 15) in the 11th house. Statistically speaking, is it more common to find several conjunctions in a composite chart as compared to a natal chart? There's also a conjunction between venus and neptune in the 12th.

Any member is free to answer threads in any way they want, you can 'ask' as much as you like. but I prefer members to *learn astrologer* rather than simply drop and answer into your lap...... if only life was just like this

Have you tried a free composite chart with explanations being 'interactive'
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though.. enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

http://books.google.com/books?id=dUulSwQoEC4C&pg=PR16&dq=robert+hand+composites&ei=r8HRSsXNEJvmygSIsP3eCQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false

The Book ---Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships By Robert Hand-- is greatly recommended

“The composite doesn't seem to describe what either person feels about the other. In this way it is very different from synastry, which describes the chemistry between two people in terms of how they affect each other. The composite chart is like a child, a third entity which carries the genetic imprints of both parents but combines these imprints in an entirely new way and exists independently of either of them”
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_composit_e.htm

I prefer a synastry bi wheel, rather than composite, so if you do post make sure you reduce the orb ratio down to 40% as the max orb is 3' from planet to planet.

A stellium in Saggi should be very sociable extrovert and massive emphasis on 11th house should be full of friends and group activities. If not you may have an incorrect TOB that may need rectifying..

Relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or

What can be useful for composites is to put your own planets around the outside and see how each person relates to the *relationship* and then explore transits around the composite to..

In the BK chart using Equal house system (mine) his 4planets 2each aquarius and pisces are all in 11th house. What happened in his life agge 5, solar arc neptune conj MC? age 21 did he move house?

Scorpio Asc is a very private sign and not that sociable and to have chart ruler in12th conj venus suggests these things kept very private as well. Saturn conj your Asc will knock your confidence to. Your sun, mercury and moon are all in 11th house (Equal) so it's not surprising that your composite has a strong 11th house emphasis either.

Scorpio Asc and Aries Asc are both quincunx signs are have very little in common for outward expression. both suns are air and trine 120' which is good, both mercury are opposite. Both moons are mutuable, but square by sign

MC's are quincunx signs leo and Cappi.

D, in your chart taurus rules 7th and is posited in 12th which is a difficult placement making relationships hard to define, secret, private and behind closed doors.

BK's chart has libra/venus rules 7th and posited in 11th house Equal and exalted in pisces, suggesting he wants a partner who will be friends and want to be in groups of friends. With Aries Asc, sun/jupiter in Aquaris will make him much more sociable extrovert and need lots of freedom and independence with relationships. Now this last statement is something that the water signs and scorpio in particular will have a hard time accepting, as their responses will be something like, "well if you are in a loving committed relationship, what the bl****ing hell do you want freedom and independence for!"

PCM

Thanks for taking time to respond Astrologer50.

Here's the thing. My partner is not that sociable and is very introverted, he's definitely more of a wallflower than anything else. His aura is soft, calm, and receptive and is more wanting of us to spend time together (venus-saturn) with just the two of us, way more often than I would prefer myself.

Nonetheless, we also appreciate and encourage independence in one another (both have uranus-moon hard aspects, mine square and his opposition). I would say though that my desire for independence and friendship is much stronger than his. So I would have to disagree with your interpretation. Although he has aries rising, he's also not at all an extroverted type (due to his saturn contacts to mars and venus).

Also, if not using the equal house system, both of us would have our venus in the 12th house (placidus). And his sun, jupiter, mercury would be in the 12th as well. These placements are rather more indicative of him than an 11th house placement under the equal house system. Now I see that our composite venus-neptune is also in the 12th house as well, which explains the private nature of the relationship, but what to make of the strong 11th house composite and Aquarius rising conjunct Jupiter? How do we synthesize that into the interpretation?

Any member is free to answer threads in any way they want, you can 'ask' as much as you like. but I prefer members to *learn astrologer* rather than simply drop and answer into your lap...... if only life was just like this

From my little statement of "no links," that kinda ticked you off huh? Didn't mean to. As far as my concern with "links." It gets too "cut and paste" like at times...where actual intuitive synthesis of the chart gets lost in the myriad of details.

[off-topic comments - Moderator]

Reading what these authors have to say has been helpful but it would be nice to hear another perspective, particularly from an empirical understanding of one's own life experiences. The cookbook fashion is just too overly mechanical at times.

So with that, back to my original inquiry, are conjunctions statistically more common in composite charts? I'm rather curious about this and would like to know people's thoughts regarding this.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahu

Banned
my take on composites is that they are interference patterns of the etheric energies of the individual. hence the reflection of each memebr can often be seen.

this composite is very unusual as you say you are partners.the stellium of mars/uranus/sun/mercury is symbolic of the constant movement you speak of. but this stellium marks him as extremely indepedent.so your "relationship" must be very unconventional.
with the saturn/venus midpoint conjunct this stellium .there are opposite emotional dynamics.often this shows a relationship that is off and on.
but most surprising is the tsquare of moon opposed to jupiter and square to pluto.

this shows a relationship built on personal ambitions rather than emotional compatibilty.

with the moon/jupiter midpont conjunct mc ,the frequent traveling is again suggested but with the jupiter/moon midoint semsi square the stellium, i would think the relationship is unstable.

with the venus/neptune conjunctioninthe 12th house,the relationship is likely hidden or unknown to many friends.this aspect and position aoften show hidden romances or illict affairs.

the mercury/uranus influence does give a highly charge mental connection and both are extremely intelligent and into unusual ideas and actions.

jupiter on the ascendant can briing feelings of a stweady relationship but with pluto square are other socila and business factors that make a one on one relationship unlikely as many other influences are more important than you.
jupiter /pluto can also bring great social or finacial power into the fray.here i would think he is quite wealthy and may have great social or political power also .

the relationship revolves around him and it seems your experiences will be the lesson here as a commited relationship will be difficult because his predeliction of total freedom of action.

it does seem that your psychic connection has been exceptional in the last month or so.soulmate type feelings as you seem to be able to read each other minds .also i would ewxpect that your had common dreams or communicated in dreams.
the last several weeks could also have brought emotional distance or feeling of being to cramped by each other.

hmm the more i look at this chart ,the more it seems the last several weeks have been difficult.
you speak of this relationship in the present tense ,but i would not be surprised if there was some breakup recently.

rahu

Last edited: