Curious: tell me your Pluto conj. Part of Catastrophe stories...

dperez3894

Are you referring to natal Pluto conjuncting Part of Catastrophe by progression or a transiting Pluto conjuncting Part of Catastrophe?

If it's by Progression, I don't have to worry about it.

If it's by Transit of Pluto, it won't happen until I'm 101 or 102.

freedomlover

Hey PTV,

I found this subject intriguing when I realized that my Part of Catastrophe is at 16' Libra, and so Pluto in Libra HAD crossed it at some point when I was young. I figures this would have HAD to have been something that had some kind of impact on me, so went searching through that time period.

It actually crossed to the arc minute in December 1977, but I could not recall anything even remotely catastrophic that happened during that time. However, it was within a few arc minutes of exactness on my 12th birthday ------ November 28, 1977.

The catastrophic incident was this:

I had received several birthday gifts, which I wanted to take a picture of. I had laid them all out on the kitchen table. One of them was a gown, which I hung on a (wire) hanger. I intended to hang it from the nighlight that plugged into the wall above the table, so it could be displayed. But when I went to place the hanger over the nightlight, I got the shock of my life - literally! What I wasn't aware of was that the nightlight had slightly pulled away from being flush to the light socket... so instead of hanging the wire hanger on the nightlight, I hung it on the prongs of the nightlight, that were still pushed in just enough to be connected.

I don't remember too much about the incident, other than I screamed and fell backwards, and it hurt alot. After looking at the chart, I'm beginning to wonder if some kind of neurological damage was done that has affected me long-term though.

kbell

I was born with pluto widely conjunct my part of catastrophe. Right before I was born on the same morning my uncle's brother died. Then when I was brought home from the hospital we lived in a duplex and the woman next door shot her husband and the bullet passed through the wall a few inches above my bassinet. I'm glad I won't have a transit of those two ever.

kbell

No my aunts (my dads sister) husbands brother. It's a story my uncle always tells how something tragic turned into something good.

YA I figured a wide conj wouldntmean much but figured I'd tell you. My part of catastrophe is 29 degree of Virgo. So that's a permanent end. Yes it's seperating. lol I think it's all a coincidence anyway :p

Last edited:

KindredKayla

Hmm.. I see on the Parts Calculator that there are two formulas for calculating the Part of Catastrophe; ASC + Uranus - Sun and ASC + Uranus - Saturn.. Which one do you guys use?

For the first formula, my PoC is 10' 48 Aries.

For the second formula, my PoC is 6' 19 Capricorn.

If the second formula is more accurate, this will mean that Pluto will be passing over this point in the near future, in my 12th house.. Perhaps now that I am aware of this Arabic Part I can keep an eye open for anything.

Kerrie

Well I just realised my Part of Catastrophe is at 3'39 Capricorn, haha.

T Pluto when as far as 3'18 in April 2009, nothing happened that was out of the ordinary.

T Pluto was conjunct on the 10 Jan 2010, again nothing happened.

Goes back there in July 2010, then November 2010. I will let you know if anything happen's.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Hmm.. I see on the Parts Calculator that there are two formulas for calculating the Part of Catastrophe; ASC + Uranus - Sun and ASC + Uranus - Saturn.. Which one do you guys use?

For the first formula, my PoC is 10' 48 Aries.

For the second formula, my PoC is 6' 19 Capricorn.

If the second formula is more accurate, this will mean that Pluto will be passing over this point in the near future, in my 12th house.. Perhaps now that I am aware of this Arabic Part I can keep an eye open for anything.

I bet one is for day time births and 1 for night time. Since I am a night birth I tried the 2nd one as well and that makes my part of catastrophe fall right on my natal Saturn in Scorpio 26. Since I did lose my Dad when I was age 13 and he was 38 due to a construction accident....I could agree with this. But I also wonder what that does to ANY long term influence in my life since Saturn often covers that area in our lives?

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

No my aunts (my dads sister) husbands brother. It's a story my uncle always tells how something tragic turned into something good.

YA I figured a wide conj wouldntmean much but figured I'd tell you. My part of catastrophe is 29 degree of Virgo. So that's a permanent end. Yes it's seperating. lol I think it's all a coincidence anyway :p

And that's where transiting Saturn is right now too. Wonder if that would cause you any grief? It's where my natal Mercury is. Do I seem catastrophic to you? ahahaha~

Claire19

Greetings all you starry eyed wonders...I need some input on experiences involving Pluto conj. the Part of Catastrophe.
I have a good friend whom is about to experience this and I will too in a couple of years...all input is automatically granted my most deepest appreciation!
If you dont have a Pluto aspect natally to the Part of Catastrophe then you dont have to worry. I am not one for Arabic parts and I think worrying about it all is futile. We all have some heavy aspects in the future and at present and in the past and it spoils life to think about them too much.
There are some things that cant be avoided and have to be handled.

I would be interested to hear what may happen to a friend who is about to experience this as I am skeptical. You may find that there are other aspects at play, if anything dire transpires.

My opinion only.

dr. farr

In my extensive application of Lots/Parts over the decades, I have never used the Part of Catastrophe, having been completely satisified with the Part of Peril (and several related Lots) for this purpose (but this is my experience and I am not "knocking" the use of the Part of Catstrophe in any way!)
One thing I've noticed about these "warning" Parts, refers to the time of the year to which they are applicable: for example, the Part of Peril posited in, say, 8 Gemini, would warn of a possibly increased risk of peril (this "peril" coming most likely from a Geminian/Mercurial source, or being of a Mercurial nature) during the time period coincident with that astrological position, ie, in this example, the first 10 days of Sun in Gemini. I have actually found this time-approximation to be quite reliable.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I respect the Sabian symbols (I also pay attention to the images of the faces of the signs of the zodiac in the Picatrix and, to a certain extent, Agrippa) I look forward to reading your book!

DiDi

thats funny my part of catastrophe is 5 germini right on my part of contract marriages lol so funny

• i got married long ago and divorced long ago... but sun and merc at 17deg gemini which is my 8th house...lol

DiDi

thanks for that information...piercethevale

you know that i was talking about the transiting sun and merc at 17 gemini was in my 8th house at the time of marriage.. (H8 is 16 gemini)
funny my ex has his mars at 17 gemini also.