Saturn/Venus aspects

ccb2879

I have had difficulty finding love in my life for many years now. In my natal chart there are no aspects between Saturn and Venus but in my Solar Return chart :
my transiting Saturn in the 8th progressed House (Capricorn) 7th natal house is squaring my Natal Venus in the 1st Natal House (Cancer) 2nd Progressed house.
My progressed Natal chart shows both progressed planets conjunct, practically sitting on top of one another in my 2nd house.

Are these bad signs for love?

ccb2879

Here is a copy of my natal chart and the progressed Natal Chart
Progressed Natal Chart.jpg

mahaira

Since you posted your data, I took the liberty of making another chart: natal + transits.

Let’s take a look at your natal potential in the 5th and the 7th.

The 5th is the Scorpio with Uranus in it, ruled by Pluto forming a square with Venus.

Natives with Scorpio on the cusp of the 5th house can be intense when it comes to love. Your Venus-Pluto square is also underlying this, often giving the feeling of fated or karmic encounters (when something intense happens, not all the time).

The thing to watch for with this is a fine line between something intense and obsession/jealousy/controlling behaviors/possessiveness (all staples of the Scorpio « touch » in any form be it as a sign or ruler planet).

Also this can make you somewhat narrow-minded, even without realizing it. By reacting only to one kind/strength of stimulus when it comes to romance, you may pass other interesting opportunities that present themselves in a somewhat different or less intense form.

Uranus can complicate things, in the sense that a native may want to form an attachment and at the same time looking to show to herself/himself, the partner and the world how independent he/she is. It also gives a tendency towards looking for somewhat unusual partners/romances.

Your 7th house is in Capricorn and its Ruler Saturn is in 3rd house (Gemini), forming some strong aspects with your Moon and North node (conjuction) and squares with Neptune and Mars.

Capricorn is 7th gives both delays and a sense of seriousness when it comes to partnerships. Maybe the delays are caused because the native doesn’t take the partnerships lightly. It can sometimes give older and/or serious partners. And this would be compatible with the way your process emotions – your Moon in conjuction with Saturn, and yes it does have to do something with your mother.

From your natal chart it is obvious that in some way you were: still are very attached to her. This can happen even with people who do not have mothers. Even when the mother is absent the native may become obsessed/attached to her. It also happens when a mother is strict, emotionally cold or distant. She can also be overly religious or discipline her child to much. This can also be linked to a “mother figure” which is not even related to sex. Some people have grandfathers who become nurturing parents, take on the role of a mother, when the “real” mother is absent. So you can seem overly protective of your emotions (fear of getting hurt), project a certain detachment or coldness.

And there’s the rub. With everything else I have already discussed briefly, the needs you have when it comes to romance (the intensity), when you add thus Moon-Saturn conjuction you get a paradox on both emotional level (your needs) and practical (how to get what you need).

Watch out for depression that can be brought about with this Saturn touch, including the ocnjuction with your North node, that can be linked to feelings of attachment to the past and traditions, a sense of conservativism. I guess that here too is another paradox. How can one both be conservative and eccentric (Uranus in the 5th) when emotions are in question? To make matter even more interesting you ARE highly sensitive, with Venus in cancer it’s impossible not to be. However, this placement, nourishing as it is, can also bring about a “motherly-selfishness”, along the lines “mother knows best”. Just because you are a care-taker, doesn’t mean that you should always be praised for it! (I too am a Leo with Venus in Cancer and opposition Mars-Neptune and all planets are one one side of this opposition, weird… or it’s synchronicity that I should stumble upon your question ;) )

Speaking of these paradoxes, knowing one needs, even when they are somewhat contradictory is important, that’s the base, but one has to be able to communicate them in the right way. And Saturn in the third is not helping with this. It affects the way you express yourself. Maybe as a kid you weren’t encouraged to do so, maybe there were some setbacks in school, maybe you were made believe that you/your needs are not important.

The problem is if you do not express them correctly, people won’t know what you want and nobody can read your mind. And there’s this false belief that when we meet our “soul-mates” they will just KNOW what we think and how we feel. WRONG. Nobody knows that. They know what we tell and show them.

This is further accentuated with your Mars in Gemini opposed to Neptune. You can sometimes understand things quickly, but don’t forget that you may not have the whole picture. Neptune is always making things vague. In this case both when it comes to understanding things and expressing them.
And for the end… take a look at the transits through your 7th house. Pluto has been there for years!!! No wonder you had hard time with relationships. Look at the Saturn too. There’s some work that needs to be done in this area. Some growth and redefinition of your values. At some point they made the opposition with your natal Venus in the first house. It was HARD. Jupiter is here to bring some help, but it will only expand what you yourself are focused on. It won’t magically solve anything.

With Pluto here, anything that is not working for us anymore, no matter how strong attachments we have made to certain ideas about partners and partnerships, will die off. The more we resist, the harder it gets and we may feel punished and suffer. But we have the power to progress. We just need to reexamine and reevaluate . Accept our own limitations and those of others. It hurts but it hurts less if we focus on it instead of being forced to do it.
You can still use this time to examine (and you are excellent at it, a good thing about your Saturn in the third ;) ) yourself, your needs and wants (which are not necessarily the same!), how you project yourself to the world, why you are holding yourself back…

I have a friend who kept insisting that the only thing she needed was a partner with whom she could relax, sit on a couch watch a movie, have kids and have an ordinary life… but she kept pursuing unavailable guys, that were always in the spotlight. That is what I mean when I mention a discrepancy between what one really needs and wants. She needed a partner, an equal but her ego kept chasing validation through a “famous” partner.
Ego always plays tricks on us. That’s how our minds work.

Now, to answer your actual question.

I don’t think that what you mention are bad signs for love. They certainly are a signs of getting more mature when romance/relationship questions are concerned. The fact that this is happening in your progressed second house, also underlines this redefinition of values that needs to be done. And it corresponds to what I have written above.

Saturn does suggest a certain blockage, but in my experience, what blocks us is not some invisible force, but our own preconceived ideas about the world and lack of motivation to do the work where it needs t be done. We need to see how things really are and accept that that is our reality BEFORE we can change what can be changed.

We are always attached to certain patterns and ideas we picked up growing up. Some are good, some WERE good, and some were never good to begin with. But our attachment is never the less strong, because we have learned these behaviors and opinions. What was learned can be unlearned. The more flexible we are the better. But it all depends on a situation and that’s where accepting reality is important. Not all situations are the same.

I think that you have the tools to deal with this. Honesty is hard, but it works. Accept who you are but before you need to know yourself. This is a good time to do some digging and growing. I wish you luck!

Attachments

• natal with transits.jpg
    natal with transits.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 25

ccb2879

Thank you so very much for taking the time and giving me your wonderful reading of my chart. Much of what you said did resonate with me, and did give me some hope, lol. I have been working on myself and hope to see through this. And you are right, Pluto going through my 7th has been HARD!