A kind request for an explanation

MaggieG

Hello Everyone,

A couple of months ago I started to learn a bit more about Astrology.
I have been mainly focusing on the meaning of planet placements in signs and houses, etc. Now, I would like to understand the meaning of transits a bit more and here's where I am confused. I would greatly appreciate if someone could explain some things to me.

1. I am Cancer Sun and Sagittarius rising. I understand that the horoscopes available online are based on Sun signs, is this why when I read or listen to them they say that Saturn is transiting through my second house? But when I look at my daily birth chat, it shows that Saturn is transiting my first house?

2. They say that Jupiter will enter Sagittarius in November 2018 and that Jupiter is currently in my 12th house, but my birth chart shows that Jupiter is in my 11th house now and will enter my 12th house in November. In which case I don't understand how is it possible? Can Jupiter be transiting through my first house in Sagittarius and 12th house at the same time?

I hope these questions do not sound utterly stupid to you!

Thank you, in advance for your time!

Frisiangal

Hello Everyone,

A couple of months ago I started to learn a bit more about Astrology.
I have been mainly focusing on the meaning of planet placements in signs and houses, etc. Now, I would like to understand the meaning of transits a bit more and here's where I am confused. I would greatly appreciate if someone could explain some things to me.

1. I am Cancer Sun and Sagittarius rising. I understand that the horoscopes available online are based on Sun signs, is this why when I read or listen to them they say that Saturn is transiting through my second house? But when I look at my daily birth chat, it shows that Saturn is transiting my first house?

2. They say that Jupiter will enter Sagittarius in November 2018 and that Jupiter is currently in my 12th house, but my birth chart shows that Jupiter is in my 11th house now and will enter my 12th house in November. In which case I don't understand how is it possible? Can Jupiter be transiting through my first house in Sagittarius and 12th house at the same time?

You are reading/listening to 'Sun Sign' astrology explanations which always place the individual's Sun Sign on 0 degrees of the 1st house cusp. So for any Sagittarius Sun, Sagittarius will be 'rising' on the 1st house and all transiting planets have a house position in a sign according to this 'wheel'.
Transiting Saturn will indeed be in the second sign.....Capricorn,
and Jupiter in Scorpio will be in the 12th house.

You are a Cancer Sun, which means placing 0 degrees Cancer as the 1st house. 0 degrees Capricorn will be on 7th house cusp, placing transiting Saturn in this house. Jupiter in Scorpio will be transiting the 5th house, etc.etc..

Such interpretations fit everyone within the same Sun sign and are very general. Some find they fit, others do not.

To understand any effect of transits in your personal life better, follow their progress through your natal chart, which is calculated and based upon the personal data of your time/place of birth.
You say to have Sagittarius rising which, using whole sign reference, puts 0 degrees Capricorn on 2nd house cusp. Yet if you use another house system, the 2nd house cusp realm may begin on a later degree, by which transiting Saturn ....in the early degrees of Capricorn.... could still be in your personal 1st house.

Hope this has untangled the thought threads somewhat. :biggrin:

Last edited: