Unaspected Venus

katydid

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could tell me what it means to have an unaspected Leo Venus in the 8th house? Thanks.

First, we would want to know if it was really unaspected. Quite often there are wide major aspects, or tight minor ones, which kick in if they are the only aspects.

If your Venus is truly unaspected, then the Sun, as ruler [dispositor] of that Venus, would have an impact upon your Venusian areas of life. So one would look at the Sun, placement and sign and aspects, to see more.

Venus usually thrives upon aspects because aspects show 'connections' and build bonds. If Venus has no aspects, then you might feel cut off, isolated from Venus type of activities and qualities.

Having no aspects to Venus can make one feel lonely, isolated and unable to easily forge bonds and connections with others. People may want to connect with you but may not be sure how to do so. You may not have a natural, easy way of connecting with others or showing appreciation or 'friendliness'---nogt because you do not want to. But maybe it is just not your innate instinct?

I have to say, that maybe it is a good thing that your Venus in Leo in the 8th is NOT supported by strong aspects. Because that can be a stubborn, prideful placement. And maybe it would be more difficult with squares or oppositions?

A lot will depend upon your other signs/aspects. Hopefully your other personals are Cancer and Virgo, not Leo...

Last edited:

sagittariussoul

First, we would want to know if it was really unaspected. Quite often there are wide major aspects, or tight minor ones, which kick in if they are the only aspects.

If your Venus is truly unaspected, then the Sun, as ruler [dispositor] of that Venus, would have an impact upon your Venusian areas of life. So one would look at the Sun, placement and sign and aspects, to see more.

Venus usually thrives upon aspects because aspects show 'connections' and build bonds. If Venus has no aspects, then you might feel cut off, isolated from Venus type of activities and qualities.

Having no aspects to Venus can make one feel lonely, isolated and unable to easily forge bonds and connections with others. People may want to connect with you but may not be sure how to do so. You may not have a natural, easy way of connecting with others or showing appreciation or 'friendliness'---nogt because you do not want to. But maybe it is just not your innate instinct?

I have to say, that maybe it is a good thing that your Venus in Leo in the 8th is NOT supported by strong aspects. Because that can be a stubborn, prideful placement. And maybe it would be more difficult with squares or oppositions?

A lot will depend upon your other signs/aspects. Hopefully your other personals are Cancer and Virgo, not Leo...

Hi Katydid, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Although astro.com lists my Venus Leo in H8, astrotheme places it in an empty 7th house, which I have as cancer. So i'm quite confused by the placements. Not sure whether it's listed as a house cusp maybe?

My Sun is in Virgo. Although it's shown in the 8th, astrotheme lists Virgo as my 9th house, and Leo as the 8th. I'll try and post my chart on this thread once i get off mobile, then you'll beable to see the placement, rather than me describing them badly.

That's exactly how I feel most of the time. Cut of, isolated etc. I have an Aquarius moon too, so do you think that be behind the feelings? I think someone pointed out on here that I have the harsh mars square neptune aspect which doesn't help either. Thanks again.