Should I go back on birth control?

KindredKayla

Hi everyone. I have never studied horary astrology before, so I would appreciate any help... I have gone off oral contraceptives for a while to try and treat my health concerns naturally, but soon I will be off to university and for many reasons am considering going back on it. I am wondering, is this a good idea? (as far as my health goes..)

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited:

KindredKayla

Whoops.. forgot the chart! Here it is.

My concerns are the moon's square to the north node (not beneficial to my growth?) and saturn in the 12th house, at the critical 29th degree of Virgo (sign of health, fertility as Virgo is the 'virgin').. 12th house could mean I am unable to see the consequences of the decision? And 29th degree could say that the consequence(s) could be 'drastic'? Saturn seems to make only hard aspects.. Plus, the moon is square my MC in the sign of its ruler.. However Jupiter is in the 6th of work/health and is in opposition to Saturn.. which would create awareness and perhaps, while resembling the gamble, would offer temperance? (Jupiter playing beneficial expansion, Saturn caution and consequence..)

I am not sure if the moon should be read differently as the whole idea of birth control is to inhibit fertility..

Once again, all help is appreciated!

Attachments

• Birth Control.jpg
    Birth Control.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

dr. farr

May I make a suggestion? First obtain the medical opinion either of your own MD or (better, from my point of view) that of a Naturopathic Physician (they are licensed in your Province), as to what they think regarding your question, and ask them why they have that opinion in your individual case. Then, having been fully informed from that point of view, take a look at the celestial testimony regarding your question (although it is my opinion a more reliable answer to the question would be obtained either from your latest solar return chart, or progressed natal, than from horary interrogation)

KindredKayla

Dr. Frarr; its funny you mention even going to the naturopath as well.. Because during the past two years this is exactly what ive done! I went to see my GP for something unrelated and mentioned that I was very irregular and was no longer 'developing'. He checked to make sure physically and my horomines were tested. I had low estrogen and almost no progesterone.. Plus a few harmless cysts not on my ovaries but in one of my Fallopian tubes. He prescribed me the low hormone BCP Yasmin and during the 6 months I was on it I dropped the weight I had always had trouble getting rid of, started to fill out again physically and felt much happier and able to focus. So my body responds well to it. In April of last year I went to thee naturopath for a skin condition I have and to see if any ONE thing was behind my health issues. We discovered I had a lottt of food allergies and some pretty bad nutritional deficiencies (b12, vitamin d) which I just learned a few days ago was probably due to not just my inflamed gut that could not absorb them but also the pill. So I went gf BCP to do other testing and I got supplements. Natuopath thought I might have PCOS but again, ultrasound showed no cysts on ovaries, apparently. So I have heard the spiel from both schools of medicine about its risks and benefit. If I go back on it I will continue with the correct supplements including b12 shots (b12 does not accumulate to toxic levels in the body anyway) and maintain active to reduce the risk of blood clots. What DOES concerns me is that I contnue to fill out as I should on it (I am 18), my breasts would be growing from synthetic horomones and, while there is no history of breast cancer in my family, I worry that this could case a mutation and develop into breast or cervical cancer when I am older. I thought astrology might help me to better understand the risk or how this might work out for me. How would I determine a sound astrrological conclusion from my solar return / progressed chart? I have to be out the door in a minute so i will look at them later, but i will leave my birth info: 19 Oct 1991 brockville, ON Canada at 2:34pm

Thank you again!

dr. farr

If you would like I'll make a simple, symbolic progression (1 year = 1 degree forward) from you natal chart and post my take on indications relative to the pro-cons of going back on the birth control pills (now that you have assured me you have obtained medical opinions regarding this matter)-let me know if you would like me to take a look and post my opinion.

KindredKayla

Dr. Frarr.. that would be so wonderful, if you could.. I have a good deal of faith in astrology and am anxious to see what my chart holds.. Attached is my natal chart... Thank you so, so much for your help!

Attachments

• 000001.jpg
    000001.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 29

dr. farr

I shall take a look at the progressed natal chart relative to potential health prognostics; however-I address this to our Moderators-should this forthcoming analysis remain here in the Med. Horary section, or the thread be relocated to either the Medical or possibly Predictive sections (of the 2 I woud think to the Medical section)?

dr. farr

(Disclaimer: the following is intended only as an expression of my personal opinion!)

Brief astro-therapeutic analysis of birth chart and progression (simple symbolic progression: 1 year = 1 degree); Whole Sign Houses applied

+regarding the issues involved (female reproductive hormonal balance; mammary gland development), while Scorpio is, in a general way, always involved with endocrines (and the pelvic reproductive organs in particular), I take Cancer, the Moon and Venus as the principal indicators regarding female hormones, hormonal balance, and the mammary glands.

+in the natal chart we find Dragon's Tail posited in Cancer (possible inhibition of female hormonal development/balance);
-we find Moon in close opposition to Venus (possibly indicative of a basic "conflict" involving the female hormonal system and the mammary glands development);
-Jupiter adds its physiological influence (when strong) to develop things, to make things "grow" and fill-out in a healthy fashion; here in the natal, Jupiter is in conjunction with Venus (favorable for healthy development of the female hormonal/mammary system) however, it is opposed by our other key significator, the Moon (indicates delay/blockage in this healthy growing/developing process, same as Moon's opposition to key significator, Venus)
-the natal chart has heavy elements (earth especially, then water) in excess, and light, "easily moving", "free and easy" elements (air, and especially fire) in decided deficiency; this could indicate slower development or blocked or "sluggish" function regarding the female hormonal system and its physical ramifications
-finally, although in the natal the Part of Fortune placed in the 6th house of health-which indicates improved resistance to illness in general-we again find a hard aspect raying from the Moon-in this case, Moon is square Part of Fortune (partile square); when we further calculate from the Part of Fortune its health ramification (known as the "Manilius Health Imbalance Fortune", its placement indicating the nature of the tendency or susceptibility to certain types of health affections), we find it falling at 11 degrees Pisces in the natal chart, ie, partile conjunct the Moon!

Taking all of the above natal indications into account relative to the specific question we have regarding female hormonal balance/mammary gland development, it is clear (to me) that the macrocosmic "causes" of imbalance, deficiency, and less-than-desirable development have been pretty well identified.

Now, what about further developments in time?

+First, the Dragon's Tail has just progressed out of Cancer, liberating this significator sign of its malefic influence
-also, the Part of Fortune, at the 19th year, progresses into the hormonal/breast significator sign of Cancer (where it will remain for the next 30 years)
...these 2 progressed factors are highly benefic to the correction of previous hormonal imbalances, deficiencies, mammary development;

+Our important significator, the Moon, progresses into the fiery sign (and sign of beginnings), Aries, and into the foundational 4th house, in about 1 year from subjects 19th year (ie, when she turns 20); this "fires up" the Lunar qualities (like the female hormones, their production, balanced activating effects, balanced metabolism), and this benefic progressed influence will last for 30 years (until subject is 50)

+Our important significator, Venus, posited since birth in what we might refer to as the "sterile" sign of the Virgin (Virgo)-and weighed down by Virgo's earthy elemental quality (and Jupiter is here too, just behind Venus)-progresses into the light and airy Libra-and thus into the 10th house and into its rulership, at age 20 (where it will remain for 30 years); Jupiter (growth, development of glands) follows 4 years later: my interpretation here is that the hormonal system/mammary gland development will be freed up, move ahead, and development, and hormonal sufficency, will move toward physical manifestation.

In my opnion, the progressed state shows a soon-to-occur change toward balance and development; the progressed chart clearly demonstrates a definite, naturally-occuring trend in this direction.
(Now, based on the above, my answer to the specific horary question, about going back on birth control-for the purpose of hormonal balance-is clearly "NO": the progressed shows the already-occuring trend is for the hormones to become sufficient, balanced, and mammary development to progress as it is desired to, without hormone substitution therapy)

HOWEVER,

We still have the natally imprinted problem with:
-the Moon (opposition to Venus/Jupiter; square natal Part of Fortune; and most significantly, conjunct the Manilius Health-Imbalance Fortune)

It is my belief (experience, actually!) that non-drug remedies can be applied to support living systems to resistant and OVERCOME celestial influences (Paracelsus wrote, "The Wise control their planets; fools obey them")

Considering the significator planets involved, and non-drug remedies affinitive to them, as well as the area of health concern involved (female hormonal system, mammary gland development), the following herbal and homeopathic remedies (freely available, in most countries) come to mind:

(NOTE: the following is not intended as being prescriptive; it represents general astro-herbal/astro-homeopathic considerations only)

-Moon: homeopathic Pulsatilla 30x (attenuation of the Wind-Flower); regulation of female hormonal system; dose usually3-6 pellets on tongue, at time of New Moon, repeated each month

-Venus: the famous Ayurvedic female "tonic" Shatavari (capsules of wild asparagus root) comes under Venus-strengthening herbs; dose is often recommended as 1 capsule daily, beginning at day of New Moon and continuing up until day before Full Moon; ceasing during the waning Moon, and beginning again at the next New Moon

-Jupiter: the hormonal/mammary tonifying Saw Palmetto Berry comes under the Jupiter enhancing herbal remedies; dose is typically 1 (or 2) capsules daily , taken at the same time as Shatavari, and following the same New Moon-Full Moon repetition schedule.

Last edited:

KindredKayla

Neptune Rising: Thank you!

Dr. Farr: Ohh my goodness, thank you so so much for that very detailed reply... this has given me much to think about... you have hit the nail right on the head! my 'female' system if you will has been very delayed and sluggish as I've grown up. I do still worry, even with your news, that it will NOT correct itself in my 19th or 20th year - women are said to be done growing by then? So I worry that I will not finish filling out physically as well.. Do you think that being on birth control would prevent this 'correction' from taking place? Perhaps I can give the alternative remedies you suggest a try during the summer months, before I leave for school.. see how that goes. I am beginning to cherish my body, despite these delays are deficiencies, so I do not want to make a choice that may skew the last of the development that must take place or cause further health problems.

One last question.. with regards to the astro-homeopathic alternatives.. is it the goal/would it be safe to use all three at once? Would they interact poorly with each other or negatively impact my endocrine system?

I am deeply appreciative of all the effort you have clearly put into this investigation. Once again, thank you so much.

dr. farr

I understand your fears, and of course I urge you do take that course of action which you feel to be right-but don't let that be dictated by fear or anticipatory anxiety. Ask people you sincerely trust regarding their feelings and/or experiences in this matter; perhaps consider additional divination regarding the subject (via Tarot or geomancy or I Ching-from legitimate, sincere practitioners only!)

Relative to your question about the remedies, they work together, and, if used, would be used together for a synergistic balancing effect. Further, while the remedies I mentioned are leading ones, they are not the only ones having the relevant planetary, elemental and hormonal affinities: there are about a dozen herbal or homeopathic remedies, in addition to the above, which could be indicated,or which could be needed to follow up after using the remedies I listed above: this kind of thing is an on-going process (not forever, but usually for some time), so, if you'd like, you may keep me informed about "what's happening" in this matter.

Just an additional note: Flower Essences-properly selected-often are very useful adjuvants in healing and balancing work: 2 such essences, connected especially with the Moon and Venus, and relating to many various female imbalances, are FES Easter Lilly essence (Moon affinitive) and FES Madonna Lilly (Venus + Moon affinitive); these essences may be used (2-3 drops on tongue) right along with the homeopathic and herbal remedies listed in my previous post, with the same repetition regimen (although the Flower Essences may be used more frequently, if desired, up to 3 times daily-during the New to Full Moon time period)

KindredKayla

Dr. Farr, thank you for the additional information.. After giving it some thought and feeling, I realize my return to birth control has come, more than anything, from a desire to have a quick-fix solution to my ongoing reproductive dilemmas and health problems in general.. as well as a bit of honest fear about my own sexuality. So, tomorrow I am back on the hunt for the right and holistic solution.. and I am going to scout the health foods store in my area for these natural medicines. This has been a bit of an ongoing thing (moon inconjunct chiron could be a strong influence) but I feel much more adequately equipped with the information you've so kindly shared with me!

I did want to ask you though, if there was an alternative to the wild asparagus root that I could use instead, as I am allergic to asparagus (I forgot to mention).

dr. farr

Yes, the famous Chinese female tonic, Dong quai (a specie of angelica root)-capsules are widely avaiable (note that there are numerous, reliable internet sources for all of the remedies mentioned above)
Best of luck to you!!

KindredKayla

Thank you again! I think I will post my progress back here again after I have been following a regimen for a while.. Hopefully this thread will be of some benefit to others!