Driven.......by

I cee

Not sure if this should be where it is.....but......driven...by hormones?
I'm asking......are we.....and are they......spiritual
I mean, do we need them to be spiritual?
We are mammals, we need to reproduce to keep the speices going......that's what everything on earth, does......right.
Is it a trick.....I mean.....is it a driven urge,.....where from.....spiritual or primal or both.....?????
In my 20's....as a young women, I wanted to nest....in my case, not children, but definately a strong urge to 'nest'.....make a home.
But...now..no urge...nothing...basic, shelter...food....no urge.....are we driven by hormones....only...the bottom line or is it something else.
But I am feeling something else....a kind of freedom....a freedom from 'needing to nest'...which feels Good....no pressure.
I would be really interested to know how others feel?
Do men feel a compelling urge to sow their seed and women an overall urge to receive and nest......?
And are we aware of this? Or does life blinker us.....does it need to?
To keep the speices going.....????
Astrologically, 'the urge'......the 'need'......what planet represents this???
If there is just ONE planet?
......are we just driven by ....hormones....?

noraleader

Banned
:) let me have fun with this question :)

people discretise (eg. the astrological diagrams)

physical (cross)
mental (crescent)
spiritual (circle)

but these are all the same thing, existence.

if something is physical, it does not mean it has no spirit, obviously to the contrary! :)

is a hormone spiritual? is a hormone physical? or mental? a biologist or psychiatrist will say physical and therefore mental.. why not also spiritual?

where are the divisions?

where we see divisions, may be our own misconception.

integrate.. see my sig, all the stuff about certainty and uncertainty and consideration, and epistemology.

when asking, "what are we driven by?" one could counter, "what aren't we driven by?"

what has an effect? what doesn't have an effect? :) seriously!

memetically, if we use mental analysis, anything can hold and generate ideas, thought, concepts. we know that our biology reacts to our thoughts.. so there is a physical reaction..

various cultures talk about chakras or tree of life or energy points or soul groups or all sorts of spiritual ways that the material world is connected subtly. what is? what isn't?

as long as you are defining, you are in a creative place. as in, the creator.. as long as you are receiving, you are in a subjective place. where do you need to be? which is right or wrong? is one more holy, or universal, or real, or spiritual than the other?

why you would nest at one point, and not nest at another.. could be due to anything, anything at all.. or some point less than "all"...

perhaps if you relax (and maybe hold the gyan mudra :) ) the answer for explicitly why one thing is or was one way, will become clear.. but it could be a thousand things.. perhaps you nested because spirits wanted you to incarnate them.. a tv show or a government antenna.. or because you read a book, or saw furniture that looked appealing.. or didn't know what else to do.. or because someone else did it.. or because someone on an internet forum enjoyed talking too much.. :)

the myriad things, maybe why! :)

I cee

Let me have no fun with yre reply to driven...by
Lots of 'statements',.....no backup, lots of assumptions, no consideration for the question, .....but then....you are jus having fun with the thread, silly me:biggrin:

noraleader

Banned
i had posted a relatively lengthy reply defending the earnesty of my initial response -

i only said "fun" because "answering a question with more questions" seems cheeky, but honestly it was meant both in good will and as the best answer to your question.

i hate to retype all of the points i made, perhaps some moderator thought they were too much of a "retort" -

consider, if i had said to you, "yep, it's hormones, next question!" - this answer is too brief. you seem to want an easy, simple answer, but the fact that you're even asking the question in the first place indicates that you are aware it's *not* an easy, simple issue.

i really hope the moderator leaves *this* post here because it is important to me for you to appreciate that i was not intending to create amusement from your query, but to help you find some perspective on the matter, and perhaps others!

if you ever are given a simple answer to a complex issue, i would hope you would consider it suspect! :)

david starling

Why?
Explain please?

Test it yourself--for an extreme example, let's say the Asc is in Gemini. Gemini is ruled by Mercury. If Mercury is in Gemini, you'd be Mercury-driven. But if Mercury is in, say, Libra, and Venus is also in Libra, Venus is the "Final" Dispositor of Mercury, and Venus would definitely be in the driver's-seat, with Merc "riding shotgun". Any Planet in the Sign it rules would have major influence as well, so the Transits become important in terms of what captures your motivation, and this can change. Alrescha is saying that, underneath it all, the unchanging driver is the Ruler of the Asc-sign, or its Dispositor (again, the Ruler of the Sign the Asc-sign ruler is in). Some use the Sun-sign ruler or its Dispositor in the same way.

Last edited:

I cee

Test it yourself--for an extreme example, let's say the Asc is in Gemini. Gemini is ruled by Mercury. If Mercury is in Gemini, you'd be Mercury-driven. But if Mercury is in, say, Libra, and Venus is also in Libra, Venus is the "Final" Dispositor of Mercury, and Venus would definitely be in the driver's-seat, with Merc "riding shotgun". Any Planet in the Sign it rules would have major influence as well, so the Transits become important in terms of what captures your motivation, and this can change. Alrescha is saying that, underneath it all, the unchanging driver is the Ruler of the Asc-sign, or its Dispositor (again, the Ruler of the Sign the Asc-sign ruler is in). Some use the Sun-sign ruler or its Dispositor in the same way.
Thankyou Mr Starling and may I say your iridescence is mighty lovely!
...even though you walk like charlie chaplin.

I cee

Not sure I answered the question you asked. Btw, I walk like the Duke of Earl!:cool:
I once knew a guy called Earl, Earl Dugan, hahahah what an 'f' name, its like a songwriters name or, a famous something name, Earl Dugan
his father owned a pub in the next village.
Earl ****in' Dugan!!!