Opinion on a minor matter -what wd you do?

WHYNOT

Banned
I'm in a dilemma just now..
I had planned to visit my oldest daughter & family (another town, 2 hrs drive) on next weekend. Well, it came to that weekend because she was busy the earlier weekend. We don't see each other very often.
I should have checked ephemeris first.
Our relationship has always been somewhat.. uncomfortable. She has 4 planets in Aries . I'm a worn down Scorpio.
Anyway, I've been feeling really depressed & low for some time...(I don't want to tell her that because we live in different worlds)
So now I checked the transits for that weekend, and they look really dismal unfavorable..
She wants to know am I still coming, because has other things happening and plan around it.

Q - Do I lie and say something has come up (to avoid) ?
or go, but come home feeling demoralised.

It's kind of pathetic but this is how low I feel currently

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Can you turn the chart so the negative goes in the background and you arrive with the positive?
Otherwise, why not just suggest she handle her plans, you'll leave her freer, and come the following (or whenever) weekend, when you can have quality time together?

ElenaJ

Ps. The very fact that that particular weekend popped up as the one to go, might reflect the problems you are having in the relationship?

JUPITERASC

I'm in a dilemma just now..
I had planned to visit my oldest daughter & family (another town, 2 hrs drive) on next weekend. Well, it came to that weekend because she was busy the earlier weekend. We don't see each other very often.
I should have checked ephemeris first.
Our relationship has always been somewhat.. uncomfortable. She has 4 planets in Aries . I'm a worn down Scorpio.
Anyway, I've been feeling really depressed & low for some time...(I don't want to tell her that because we live in different worlds)
So now I checked the transits for that weekend, and they look really dismal unfavorable..
She wants to know am I still coming, because has other things happening and plan around it.

Q - Do I lie and say something has come up (to avoid) ?
or go, but come home feeling demoralised.

It's kind of pathetic but this is how low I feel currently
family tensions are unavoidable
so consider that daughter may not react well to attempts to avoid planned visit
keep in mind that there may be no "perfect transits" for some time :smile:
and even when transits SEEM favorable/unfavorable to an astrologer
no astrologer is infallible

Osamenor

Staff member
When you're feeling depressed and you try to do astrology for yourself, you will interpret the chart in the worst possible light, no matter what the chart actually looks like. We all bring our own confirmation biases into astrology.

With that in mind, why don't you post your chart, with transits for when your trip will begin if you go, and get second opinions?

Sometimes just changing the time you set out might alter the picture enough. The birth chart for the trip is the chart for when you set out. If you're driving yourself, and you have leeway on when to leave, you can adjust your leaving time to get a more favorable chart.

In your favor, there are no inner planets retrograde right now, and Venus is in domicile through next Saturday. Jupiter is also domiciled. If you leave on Friday or Saturday, at a time that gives you a Jupiter or Venus ruled chart, you'll get a benefic in its own sign as a chart ruler, which should help. Of course, you'll also want to consider what times are realistic to leave--if there's bad rush hour traffic in your area or your daughter's, you'd want to avoid that, and going in the middle of the night probably isn't ideal--but within that, it should be possible to elect a better chart.

WHYNOT

Banned
Thank you so much everybody, for your opinions. You're all right.

But this morning I went and changed the weekend...only to discover something unexpected else has now entered the picture, and I should have just stuck with the original plan. :(
I'm thinking I need to stop compulsively checking my ephemeris before acting. Its gotten chronic . Always trying to control life!

WHYNOT

Banned
(Update)
So..... I ended up changing the visit back again (!) to original weekend.
This weekend just gone, I went..

- And at the end of it , felt demoralised and crying all the way home (unknown to my daughter of course).
(Transit Venus was on my South node which is opposite my Saturn in 8th, and square to my Pluto in 5th.).
Lesson - I should have kept my mouth zipped and never shared my opinion, ( albeit well meaningly )Gulp.

This was the transit I had noticed and didn't like the look of. Of course I had no idea how it would play out.
But I sure do now.

Last edited:

greybeard

Just an addendum...

I've been puttering around with astrology for almost 5 decades now.

I do NOT guide my daily life by the stars. I live life as it comes to me, here and now. I use astrology when some major choice must be taken and I am uncertain within myself of the best course...which is seldom.

I think we should rely on our own inner resources. Astrology should be an assistant, not a mind-numbing slave owner.

ElenaJ

Fair enough. So where do you go from here?
What lesson are you meant to take away from the weekend? Why are you being challenged this way, the universe is trying to get you to move on something, what is it?
You tried to avoid it, by changing the weekend, and you got bounced right back there. It's putting your face in it, so to speak. This is important for you, try to work it out.

greybeard

Isaiah Cummings, congressman from Maryland and chair of the House Oversight Committee, gave us this pearl:

When my kids come to me and ask, "Dad, why is this happening to me?", I tell them they should be asking, "Why is this happening FOR me?".