Teacher Walkout

LovelyMissAries

So, it's happening! School has been cancelled all week. We will be approaching our sixth and final snow day on Monday, and after that I don't think teachers or support staff will be getting paid (the real fight either begins or ends then imo). I cast this chart asking if teach ers will indeed reach a funding agreement by next Wednesday. I'm not sure what house to use since this is involving work and politics..

i4psgi.png

Chrysalis

Mars/teachers is separating from saturn/walkout, now venus/teachers pay, mars (teachers) exalts, as obviously they want paying, now the thing is saturn is in the way of this venus/mars trine happening. Saturn being L7/opponents.

Moon/merc would be the "talks" regarding this, but merc being peregrine/retrograde, i wouldn't have thought this would really be that positive, so this peregrine merc is unsure of what to do for now, and as merc is square with two malefics this wouldn't be so much of a general indecisiveness there would be some maliciousness intent added to this.

Take note all angles are fixed too.

I dnt think it will be reaching an agreement by Weds.

Btw when you say "snow day" do you means its actually been snowing and the schools been closed, or is this a metaphor your using lol ?

LovelyMissAries

Thank you Chrysalis! I don't have a gut feeling on the chart, but felt it would be handled soon because they want kids back innschools. We will Def see!

Every year schools have an allotted amount of days set aside in case of emergency, most of the time weather. They are guaranteed paid days for everyone. Support staff only gets two before having to use their own personal leave and teachers get 6 (I know, makes no sense to us either) until they quit getting paid. We are hitting 6 days on Monday and I feel like teachers may relent by then, but I didn't even expect us to walk out now so who knows.

LovelyMissAries

Just to update... no, it looks like it will not be over by Wednesday. I had timed it that way because West Virginia was out for 8 days and considering how much pay support staff is losing I thought surely we would be out in less time, but we are now preparing for our entire second week off.

LovelyMissAries

Mars/teachers is separating from saturn/walkout, now venus/teachers pay, mars (teachers) exalts, as obviously they want paying, now the thing is saturn is in the way of this venus/mars trine happening. Saturn being L7/opponents.

Moon/merc would be the "talks" regarding this, but merc being peregrine/retrograde, i wouldn't have thought this would really be that positive, so this peregrine merc is unsure of what to do for now, and as merc is square with two malefics this wouldn't be so much of a general indecisiveness there would be some maliciousness intent added to this.

Take note all angles are fixed too.

I dnt think it will be reaching an agreement by Weds.

Btw when you say "snow day" do you means its actually been snowing and the schools been closed, or is this a metaphor your using lol ?

The walkout ended on Friday, April 13th. Our legislators passed bills but I don't really think they reached any agreement our teachers feel good about. All the peregrine stuff and Saturn you mentioned makes sense with the outcome! They feel like there was a bait-and-switch and someone sold them out. Thank you Chrys!