What are the typical signs/aspects/houses of surgeons?

Vagabondgirl

I am still wondering what kind of medical speciality I would like to go into later in my carreer. So I would like to know if there is anything "typical" to look for in a chart of surgeons? I know that Scorpio, pluto and mars have something to do with it. In my natal chart I have a strong Mercury, with Gemini ASC and stellium of 3 personal planets in Virgo, and a Mercury/Pluto conj. in scorpio 6th house. And I have at least heard that pluto in the 6th is a indicator for surgery. Any advice? Do you see surgery in my chart? Or perhaps something else?? I have Neptune in or near the 8th house depending on chart system.... Maybe this is not a good placement for surgery?? Not sure here!

Attachments

• astro ma.jpg
    astro ma.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 65
  • AstroequalMJ.jpg
    AstroequalMJ.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 58

Vagabondgirl

One of the reasons why Im asking is that I thought that you need more fire in the horoscope for this vocation. Like strong Aries/mars influence.... Which I obviously dont have. I only have uranus in fire/sag.

anny

As I am also interested about medicine career then your chart seemed very interesting for me.

• The first thought that I have about surgeons is that they have strong Pluto-Scorpion influence.
  • But also Chiron is typical for people who work in the medicine. The ability to heal has to be there!! Although not everybody have this, at least my doctor ex doesn`t have it so prominent. But for example my mother, who is dentist has it in 6th, making exact trine with her MC!!:unsure:
  • I have also heard that Saturn in 6th is health karma, and therefore the most useful for this kind of people would be to work in the realms where they have to deal with other`s health. This way they somehow fix their karma not to be ill.
  • Also I have noticed that many people who work in the medicine have some personal planets in Virgo. For example friend of mine is a social worker and she has Venus-Mars-Mercury stellium in Virgo, then my ex-boyfriend was studying medicine to become a surgeon and he had Sun in Virgo in 12th opp Jupiter in Pisces in 6th, but also chart ruler in Scorpion cnj Pluto. His MC was in cnj with Neptune. The third example would be about my great-aunt, who worked as a midwife, she has Moon-Mercury-Venus-Neptune stellium in Virgo. And Pluto-Mars-Sun stellium in Cancer-Leo - here we have the violence and death-life issues. Because midwifes are very much connected with life-death, making abortions, but also being involved with birth.
  • Usually Neptune/12 house influence should also be there - to have your work in hospitals. Doctors tend to have strong Virgo-Pisces/ 6th-12th house axis. :rightful:
  • I have also noticed that doctors-medicine workers seem to have something in their 2-8 house, or Taurus-Scorpion axis, as this is the body line, physical and mental power.
I just have to mention some weird connections that your chart has with my ex-boyfriend chart who has also plan to become one day surgeon.

• His AC is 3 degree in Libra, your`s is 2 degree in Gemini
  • His Sun is 19 degrees in Virgo, your`s is 19 degrees in Libra
  • His Moon is 1,06 degrees in Capricorn, you Neptune is 1,06 degrees in Capricorn
  • His Mars is 17,31 degrees in Capricorn, your MC is 17,36 degrees in MC in Capricorn
6th house shows how is your work environment, how you serve others and also what job responsibilities you have.

10th house indicates your career, your position, your calling - from here we get the "name" of the position you have.

2nd house indicates they way we can earn money. How we do it.

To have a look on your chart. Basically it medicine seems to be amazing choice. It solves your virgo need to be useful and scorpion need to delve into things, what caused what, - to play a dectetive so to say. :biggrin: Also you have 6-12th house karma which is very common for people in serve. Also you have Saturn in the 6th!! Astrologically very good career choice!!!

I am looking your equal house chart, because placidus is too extreme, the houses are too different in their sizes.
Your MC in from Capricorn and the ruler of it is Saturn. Saturn is placed in the 6th house - straightly into the service house!! And Scorpion gives the healing possibilities. Saturn makes just two aspect and these are with Venus and Moon in 4th. So here we get the interest for medicine, as you already saw also from the examples that people with strong Virgo are usually interested about serving others, about being healthy, about following the hygiene. 4th house indicates that your "calling" also includes taking care of others as this is one of the 4th house themes.
Venus-Moon aspects may indicate that you your occupations is involved with Venus or Moon ruled body parts.

Moon
Information from this site:
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/02/moon-and-medical-astrology.html

Venus governs the principles of receptivity, harmony, relationship and equilibrium. This includes those physiological functions that require something to receive another substance or be the receptacle for an action. This is also connected to secretory functions. Specific systems connected to Venus are:
1) Kidney system. The filtration of blood to form urine at the glomeruli, and the reception of urine by the bladder.
2) The menstrual cycle and female genital system, especially related to sexuality, libido, fertility and the 3rd week of the menstrual cycle (when the astral body must permeate and transform the etheric body of the uterine endometrial blood lining). Consider Moon and Venus patterns.

More likely it is Venus connection, because the Saturn aspects are more exact with Venus than with Moon, also your Sun is in Libra, which makes your Sun ruler Venus. And this is very important!!

I am not sure, but perhaps your clients are more females, because Venus and Moon both represents women. :unsure:

It is very hard to give you advice, because I don`t know exactly which kind of doctors there are. I don`t know which are the specific choices.

When to look specifically surgery then I think it is okay. At least I can`t find anything that would say total no to it. For example your Sun makes exact semi-square to Mars. Then your Virgo stellium is ruled by Mercury which is in Scorpion cnj Pluto. So your strong mental skills are serving more life-death questions. Plus having your 6th house cusp from Scorpion and so many planets in Scorpion I believe birth-death-transformation issues are your everyday job, something common. :biggrin: Blood is Aries-Mars thing, but maybe when doing surgery then it is already healing, so this is more Pluto-Scorpion thing. Although Mars also rules the Scorpion. Anyway, blood is in your everyday work environment.

You mentioned that Pluto in 6th is surgery, hmm.. interesting... yeah, i agree, it seems logical.

I hope it was insightful.

(By the way I have also Virgo stellium: Mercury-Venus-Mars, and I also will go to study medicine. But I haven`t decided whether general doctor or dentist. :unsure:)

Last edited:

danashock

the 6th house and virgo energy also rule health and healing, and you have a full 6th house with plutonic influence there as well. so why not! i would say physical therapy or working with older people maybe

Jesusistheway

Hey Vagabondgirl are you in medical school? If so go for it!!! If I were in med school I'd do surgery too, Orthopedic to be exact. I can handle looking at bones and such but the heart or the brain will leave me weak. I'm barely taking pre med courses, argh! I got this info below from another thread on physicians.. You have pluto (surgery) conjunct mercury (hands on) along with Saturn (disciplined/conventional). Maybe you work your job in a careful methodical way. Now your Midheaven is in Capricorn I would look to Saturn for possible clues in your specialty. But I think you should go for what interests you the most. With what I see in your 6th house it looks really good for surgery. I was told the 6th house is the way you work and the 10th is your calling or career so to speak. The ruler of your tenth (neptune) is under the sign of Capricorn. I've done some research on the lives of surgeons and it ain't too pretty. They just say be wary about the schedule but Im sure with time there's a way to work it out. See this site http://www.orlive.com/

Sun = Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Cardiac surgery,

Moon = Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Palliative care, Psychiatry, Nutrition, Family Medicine, Genetics, General practice,

Mercury = Neurology, Veterinary medicine, Proctology, Pulmonology, Infectious disease, Nutrition, Pharmacology, Histology, Cytology, Hospital medicine, General practice, Radiology, Internal Medicine

Venus = Gynaecologists, Nephrology, Plastic surgery, Nutrition, Dermatology, Reproductive medicine, Vascular surgery, Hematology,

Mars = Emergency medicine, infectious disease, Surgery, general surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopedic surgery, Otolaryngology, Sports medicine, Toxicology, Traumatology, Dentistry

Jupiter = Endocrinology, Forensic medicine, Keraunomedicine, Vascular surgery, Hematology, Acupuncture, Immunology, oncologic surgery,

Saturn = Dermatology, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Oncology, Osteopathic medicine, Rheumatology, Orthopedic surgery, Surgical oncology, Internal Medicine

Uranus = Radiology, Disaster medicine, Keraunomedicine, Alternativ Medicine, Traumatology, Emergency medicine, Internal Medicine

Neptune = Oncology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Anaesthetics, Forensic medicine, Neurophysiology, Surgical oncology, Immunology, Pharmacology , Neuroscience, Genetics, Dermatology, Plastic surgery, Hospital medicine,

Pluto = Infectious disease, Gynaecologists, Proctology, Forensic medicine, Otolaryngology, Genetics, Toxicology, Traumatology, Radiology, Sex Change Surgery, Forensic medicine, Gender-based medicine

dr. farr

I think I can personally vouch for the allocation of Uranus to "alternative medicine"; Uranus is the most elevated planet in my natal chart, near the Part of Fortune, both in Cancer in the 11th house; homeopathy, herbal therapeutics and "bio-energetics" are my field of therapeutic endeavor (since 1982) guided largely by astrological considerations-also affinitive to Uranus!

Flowergirl

One of the reasons why Im asking is that I thought that you need more fire in the horoscope for this vocation. Like strong Aries/mars influence.... Which I obviously dont have. I only have uranus in fire/sag.
I'm curious as to why you think you need more fire to be going into the study of surgery? It feels to me like you underestimate yourself. You have mostly earth and air in your chart. Both good for being a surgeon. The earth part makes you emotionally stable, practical, grounded and patient, good qualities for such a precision occupation. The air element makes you rational, objective and with a good analytical mind for studying and applying surgery.

If surgery is where your heart is at, I'd say go for it. Kick the self-doubt in the butt.

Anny & jesusistheyway,

Great responses, well thought out and planets/aspects explained, rather than sweepign statements (which I hate)

I would have thought Mars/pluto aspects to be involved. Saturn ruling MC and placed in 6th house of health, does suggest strong connections to health industry.

Ruler of 2nd and ruler of 6th cancer/moon and scorpio/pluto dont' make an aspect however. But ruler of MC saturn does make a sextile to moon

My advice, don't let astrology rule your life, you are the *captain* of your ship no one else.

Vagabondgirl

Anny: Thanx for your long reply:) Interesting to hear about your friend. I know 2 others in my class that both have MC in Capricorn, one of them even has the same AC (gemini) as I do. The other is late taurus, 29 degrees or so. One wants to become a surgeon, the other maybe not so much. Right now Im thinking about surgery or womens diseases maybe related to fertility/childbirth. All of these are typical Scorpio fields I guess.

Jesusistheway: Yes, Im in med. school. I have about 2 years left. But I think I have quite some time to think about my future speciality! I didnt know I was "supposed" to become a doctor before some years after high school. Before this I would never have guessed that this would be my future carreer. It feels very "right" though, to study medicine. But I did study other health related subjects before this. And I think that even in my natal chart it looks very clear to me that I should be in the health field. Although I did not choose this based on astrology:D

I also think that Chiron in the 1st in tight opposition to Uranus might have something to do with healing or the health field.

SagiCap

Not sure if it will help being it's a noon chart, but my best friend growing up and well into my 20's became a plastic surgeon. In fact he's considered one of the best in Canada. I'm posting his chart with his permission, but he laughs anyway saying astro doesn't work. lol. Anyway, he's a Virgo Sun. Merc is well placed in his 10th of career. Mars (surgery) is within 2 degrees of his Sun!

astro_2gw_61_m_el_hr.gif

dr. farr

Cornell in his "Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology" goes into planets and signs in the natal chart having special affinities for physicians, surgeons and healers of various types.

minnimyriad

I did not know so many doctors were "out there" enough to understand astrology. I am amazed! Would some of you please read the new post -Help with Career Options - and offer opinions about this chart in relation to a medical career?

My son has been accepted to three dental schools. But he was recently diagnosed with type one diabetes and is worried about pursuing this because neuropathy (if/when he develops it) could halt his ability to practice.

Vagabondgirl

Not sure if it will help being it's a noon chart, but my best friend growing up and well into my 20's became a plastic surgeon. In fact he's considered one of the best in Canada. I'm posting his chart with his permission, but he laughs anyway saying astro doesn't work. lol. Anyway, he's a Virgo Sun. Merc is well placed in his 10th of career. Mars (surgery) is within 2 degrees of his Sun!

Also virgo stellium:D He has Mercury conjunct Mars. For surgery? And Moon in scorpio if this is correct...

SagiCap

Also virgo stellium:D He has Mercury conjunct Mars. For surgery? And Moon in scorpio if this is correct...

Yes, for surgery. Isn't it interesting? He's does have anacerbic wit. I can see the Mars/Mercury in him. His mind IS really like a knife getting to the heart of things like butter! Lol.

I love your chart, VGB. I think you'd be a great surgeon. Have you ever read: Cornell's "Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology?" There is a section on healers and surgeons and it discussed the natal indicators. Mercury well-placed shows indicators of being a physicians while Mars makes surgeons. I would think Saturn in aspect would be involved too placements of Saturn in the charts of doctors. http://www.tig12.net/spip/Michel-et-Francoise-Gauquelin.html,) strong luminaries are crucial too I've read...

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Yes, for surgery. Isn't it interesting? He's does have anacerbic wit. I can see the Mars/Mercury in him. His mind IS really like a knife getting to the heart of things like butter! Lol.

I love your chart, VGB. I think you'd be a great surgeon. Have you ever read: Cornell's "Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology?" There is a section on healers and surgeons and it discussed the natal indicators. Mercury well-placed shows indicators of being a physicians while Mars makes surgeons. I would think Saturn in aspect would be involved too placements of Saturn in the charts of doctors. http://www.tig12.net/spip/Michel-et-Francoise-Gauquelin.html,) strong luminaries are crucial too I've read...

Yes, very interesting! My friends say that I tend to get people to tell me alot of weird stuff about themselves that no one else knew. Maybe also some Mercury/Pluto effect? I also feel that people that are unusual or with some kind of mental problems often come and talk to me. But could be a combined effect of this Mercury/Pluto and Uranus in the 7th! I probably would be a good psychiatrist with this placement. Either that or some kind of surgery...

Saturn is well aspected in the 6th. But not sure my luminaries are so strong. Sun is in fall in Libra, but one sextile to Uranus in the 7th. Moon is a little afflicted by neptune and mars by wide aspect. And I think moon is at the very late degrees of Virgo.

Your article. En francais?:D But I understand most of it...

It says something about inheriting aspects from parents. Im the only one in my family going to become a doctor. Most are teachers. But had a grandmother that was a midwife and sister in the health field too.